New dog whistle item on gemstore

hugo.4705

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > @"GW Noob.6038" said:

> > What does this dog do? Pick up ur items? Attack ur enemies? What?

>

> Its mostly an idle *toy*. It does nothing aside from provide entertainment while you wait for whatever.

I was literally logging in to buy it until I read this post... I thought it was going to be like that ogre whistle or what ever where you can summon a pet to fight with you, was getting excited at pulling out my Sylvari ranger with Ogre runes, Sylvari elite, Hyena to call a friend hyena + dog whistle + ogre Whistle... A true ranger has 5-6 pets!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > @"GW Noob.6038" said:

> > > What does this dog do? Pick up ur items? Attack ur enemies? What?

> >

> > Its mostly an idle *toy*. It does nothing aside from provide entertainment while you wait for whatever.

>

> I was literally logging in to buy it until I read this post... I thought it was going to be like that ogre whistle or what ever where you can summon a pet to fight with you, was getting excited at pulling out my Sylvari ranger with Ogre runes, Sylvari elite, Hyena to call a friend hyena + dog whistle + ogre Whistle... A true ranger has 5-6 pets!

Honestly was hoping it woulda added it as a pet when you purchased it, so if you used it on a ranger it would have some additional function and allow you to play wit your named pet! that 5-6 pet though, a ranger can dream!!!

> @"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > @"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

> > > Like Randulf.7614 I'm kind of hoping for a German Shepherd in the future...

> >

> > We already have that one for a gathering tool. I would have liked a [hunting dog](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/thumb/2/22/Dog.jpg/586px-Dog.jpg "hunting dog") - and a mature one, not a pup.

>

> And we already have that Krytan Drakehound you linked to as a Ranger pet.

That's true, but it is still my favorite dog in the game, and not every character can summon ranger pets. ;)