Sons of Svanir - Immunity

Hi,

Sorry for posting multiple threads: I promise I'm not spamming...

This is a quick one: this morning before work I logged on for a 10-15 mins thrill-play lol.......so I logged into one of my low level characters, a ranger, who happened to be in the Norn region. I started fighting the Sons of Svanir, but they were totally immune, and killed me in 2 shots. Was it the time of day?

Anyone know what caused their immunity? I find it so hard to keep track of all the different parallel plots/event timers/things going on in gw2.

Thanks for any help.

I also noticed my low-level ranger can use mounts and also fly like my main level-80 character who I use to do hot and now pof. Do masteries transfer across all characters?

Thanks

> @"Cedric Ambidexter.9174" said:

> Hi,

>

> Sorry for posting multiple threads: I promise I'm not spamming...

>

> This is a quick one: this morning before work I logged on for a 10-15 mins thrill-play lol.......so I logged into one of my low level characters, a ranger, who happened to be in the Norn region. I started fighting the Sons of Svanir, but they were totally immune, and killed me in 2 shots. Was it the time of day?

>

> Anyone know what caused their immunity? I find it so hard to keep track of all the different parallel plots/event timers/things going on in gw2.

>

> Thanks for any help.

Not sure about that at all.

>

> I also noticed my low-level ranger can use mounts and also fly like my main level-80 character who I use to do hot and now pof. Do masteries transfer across all characters?

>

> Thanks

Yes, once one character unlocks Masteries, they are unlocked for all characters on the account.

> @"misterman.1530" said:

> > @"Cedric Ambidexter.9174" said:

> > Hi,

> >

> > Sorry for posting multiple threads: I promise I'm not spamming...

> >

> > This is a quick one: this morning before work I logged on for a 10-15 mins thrill-play lol.......so I logged into one of my low level characters, a ranger, who happened to be in the Norn region. I started fighting the Sons of Svanir, but they were totally immune, and killed me in 2 shots. Was it the time of day?

> >

> > Anyone know what caused their immunity? I find it so hard to keep track of all the different parallel plots/event timers/things going on in gw2.

> >

> > Thanks for any help.

>

> Not sure about that at all.

>

> >

> > I also noticed my low-level ranger can use mounts and also fly like my main level-80 character who I use to do hot and now pof. Do masteries transfer across all characters?

> >

> > Thanks

>

> Yes, once one character unlocks Masteries, they are unlocked for all characters on the account.

Thanks that really helps.

It was literally all the enemies, the svanir men or whatever they're called as well as the dog type creatures.....immune and lethal damage.

> @"Cedric Ambidexter.9174" said:

> > @"misterman.1530" said:

> > > @"Cedric Ambidexter.9174" said:

> > > Hi,

> > >

> > > Sorry for posting multiple threads: I promise I'm not spamming...

> > >

> > > This is a quick one: this morning before work I logged on for a 10-15 mins thrill-play lol.......so I logged into one of my low level characters, a ranger, who happened to be in the Norn region. I started fighting the Sons of Svanir, but they were totally immune, and killed me in 2 shots. Was it the time of day?

> > >

> > > Anyone know what caused their immunity? I find it so hard to keep track of all the different parallel plots/event timers/things going on in gw2.

> > >

> > > Thanks for any help.

> >

> > Not sure about that at all.

> >

> > >

> > > I also noticed my low-level ranger can use mounts and also fly like my main level-80 character who I use to do hot and now pof. Do masteries transfer across all characters?

> > >

> > > Thanks

> >

> > Yes, once one character unlocks Masteries, they are unlocked for all characters on the account.

>

> Thanks that really helps.

>

> It was literally all the enemies, the svanir men or whatever they're called as well as the dog type creatures.....immune and lethal damage.

If you mean "immune" as "i only did 1 damage" or something like that, then they were most likely just alot higher lvl than you.

If they were actualy invulnerable, then it must have been a part of some event, but i dont think they would fight then even.

You being underlvled is the only logical thing i can see here honestly.

Edit: Maybe you went from Wayfarer Foothills (lvl 1-15 area) to Frostgorge Sound(lvl 80 area).

> @"Glider.5792" said:

> > > @"misterman.1530" said:

> > > > @"Cedric Ambidexter.9174" said:

> > > > Hi,

> > > >

> > > > Sorry for posting multiple threads: I promise I'm not spamming...

> > > >

> > > > This is a quick one: this morning before work I logged on for a 10-15 mins thrill-play lol.......so I logged into one of my low level characters, a ranger, who happened to be in the Norn region. I started fighting the Sons of Svanir, but they were totally immune, and killed me in 2 shots. Was it the time of day?

> > > >

> > > > Anyone know what caused their immunity? I find it so hard to keep track of all the different parallel plots/event timers/things going on in gw2.

> > > >

> > > > Thanks for any help.

> > >

> > > Not sure about that at all.

> > >

> > > >

> > > > I also noticed my low-level ranger can use mounts and also fly like my main level-80 character who I use to do hot and now pof. Do masteries transfer across all characters?

> > > >

> > > > Thanks

> > >

> > > Yes, once one character unlocks Masteries, they are unlocked for all characters on the account.

> >

> > Thanks that really helps.

> >

> > It was literally all the enemies, the svanir men or whatever they're called as well as the dog type creatures.....immune and lethal damage.

>

> If you mean "immune" as "i only did 1 damage" or something like that, then they were most likely just alot higher lvl than you.

> If they were actualy invulnerable, then it must have been a part of some event, but i dont think they would fight then even.

> You being underlvled is the only logical thing i can see here honestly.

> Edit: Maybe you went from Wayfarer Foothills (lvl 1-15 area) to Frostgorge Sound(lvl 80 area).

It can also be from your character being out of reach of their attacks. They have an odd mechanic built in that has some kinda trigger(never figured it out fully) but if a mob cant hit you due to height, being unable to reach you, or whatever reasons it will either become immune to your attacks or invulnerable.

Edit: read the ops post to fast and missed the part where they got killed in two hits.

With that information i agree with Glider.

> @"Glider.5792" said:

> > > @"misterman.1530" said:

> > > > @"Cedric Ambidexter.9174" said:

> > > > Hi,

> > > >

> > > > Sorry for posting multiple threads: I promise I'm not spamming...

> > > >

> > > > This is a quick one: this morning before work I logged on for a 10-15 mins thrill-play lol.......so I logged into one of my low level characters, a ranger, who happened to be in the Norn region. I started fighting the Sons of Svanir, but they were totally immune, and killed me in 2 shots. Was it the time of day?

> > > >

> > > > Anyone know what caused their immunity? I find it so hard to keep track of all the different parallel plots/event timers/things going on in gw2.

> > > >

> > > > Thanks for any help.

> > >

> > > Not sure about that at all.

> > >

> > > >

> > > > I also noticed my low-level ranger can use mounts and also fly like my main level-80 character who I use to do hot and now pof. Do masteries transfer across all characters?

> > > >

> > > > Thanks

> > >

> > > Yes, once one character unlocks Masteries, they are unlocked for all characters on the account.

> >

> > Thanks that really helps.

> >

> > It was literally all the enemies, the svanir men or whatever they're called as well as the dog type creatures.....immune and lethal damage.

>

> If you mean "immune" as "i only did 1 damage" or something like that, then they were most likely just alot higher lvl than you.

> If they were actualy invulnerable, then it must have been a part of some event, but i dont think they would fight then even.

> You being underlvled is the only logical thing i can see here honestly.

> Edit: Maybe you went from Wayfarer Foothills (lvl 1-15 area) to Frostgorge Sound(lvl 80 area).

I can't remember, but I do remember every single skill i used i got the red message 'immune' for all the enemies

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > @"Glider.5792" said:

> > > @"Cedric Ambidexter.9174" said:

> > > > @"misterman.1530" said:

> > > > > @"Cedric Ambidexter.9174" said:

> > > > > Hi,

> > > > >

> > > > > Sorry for posting multiple threads: I promise I'm not spamming...

> > > > >

> > > > > This is a quick one: this morning before work I logged on for a 10-15 mins thrill-play lol.......so I logged into one of my low level characters, a ranger, who happened to be in the Norn region. I started fighting the Sons of Svanir, but they were totally immune, and killed me in 2 shots. Was it the time of day?

> > > > >

> > > > > Anyone know what caused their immunity? I find it so hard to keep track of all the different parallel plots/event timers/things going on in gw2.

> > > > >

> > > > > Thanks for any help.

> > > >

> > > > Not sure about that at all.

> > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I also noticed my low-level ranger can use mounts and also fly like my main level-80 character who I use to do hot and now pof. Do masteries transfer across all characters?

> > > > >

> > > > > Thanks

> > > >

> > > > Yes, once one character unlocks Masteries, they are unlocked for all characters on the account.

> > >

> > > Thanks that really helps.

> > >

> > > It was literally all the enemies, the svanir men or whatever they're called as well as the dog type creatures.....immune and lethal damage.

> >

> > If you mean "immune" as "i only did 1 damage" or something like that, then they were most likely just alot higher lvl than you.

> > If they were actualy invulnerable, then it must have been a part of some event, but i dont think they would fight then even.

> > You being underlvled is the only logical thing i can see here honestly.

> > Edit: Maybe you went from Wayfarer Foothills (lvl 1-15 area) to Frostgorge Sound(lvl 80 area).

>

> It can also be from your character being out of reach of their attacks. They have an odd mechanic built in that has some kinda trigger(never figured it out fully) but if a mob cant hit you due to height, being unable to reach you, or whatever reasons it will either become immune to your attacks or invulnerable.

>

> Edit: read the ops post to fast and missed the part where they got killed in two hits.

>

> With that information i agree with Glider.

I was hoping it was part of some event...I'll see if it's the same tomorrow morning. Thanks.