Bandlero.6312

> @"thatdarnkatz.7168" said:

> > @"FyzE.3472" said:

> > > @"thatdarnkatz.7168" said:

> > > > @"FyzE.3472" said:

> > > > > @"Zlater.6789" said:

> > > > > > @"FyzE.3472" said:

> > > > > > > @"Zlater.6789" said:

> > > > > > > What I found helps is really good range burst, if youre on druid for example you can use a longbow for example, thats a really good counter considering you have enough damage.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Yes, it works OK if you run a sort of selfish build. If you want to use this support oriented specialization for, I don't know, SUPPORT, then you will have some problems. That and revs can't play pvp because their range options are quite limited. Oh and they have some balance issues too

> > > > >

> > > > > uh not really,

> > > > > LB has always been a good counter to necros

> > > > >

> > > > > Sure if youre using some trash like magi amulet, but you're really wasting stats with that. With Menders or Avatar amulet you should have enough damage, and honestly those are really the only 2 viable options in ranked. The only time you should even consider magi is in AT's, even then its only situational.

> > > >

> > > > OK, what you would suggest to warriors? Non-dh guards? Poor, poor revs?

> > >

> > > Wars? Resistance. Guards, go find a better fight somewhere else. Revs? Find a better class at the moment, but if you mest play it, you aren't going to get good team mates in the range of play it can actually hit, so does scourge even matter at that point? If you want to core guard, those are actually incredible even at high levels of play and are in the top 100 players on NA, or you have firebrand as an option. Why are you so focused on a 1v1 question? You have 4 other teammates, and it's not like you can't go to other nodes. I mean, all 3 are equally important. AS for my level of play for reference, I'm in the ranks where scourge isn't OP and people know how to kill them in most games I play, and rifle thieves are destroyed in seconds, so maybe that's why I have my views here. My teams have no problems with scourge any more? Been floating between high gold and plat2 depending on which friends I bring along, and playing Fresh Air ele, Holosmith, and sometimes mesmer depending on my mood, and what my team lacks. Sometimes I troll noobs in unranked on scourge since obviously people are still learning they aren't as strong as they look when they are in there, so yous, I know how to "play" one. You can either try to play well, or roll your face on your keyboard. Both work in unranked, but mid-high gold I actually start having to look for spikes from Mesmers and FA ele. Also, PLEASE don't run a ranged thief, but that's another "option" that melts a scourge, but you literally can't do anything but melt scourge and other complete noobs on that.

> >

> > Oh you mean the same resistance that gets corrupded and otally useless? Sure, I understand your "level of play" now. Guards and others just go fight someone else. Nice counteplay. Why did not I think of that??? Hmm.. You know, you can "counter" every single profession like that! If only you did not have to cap and HOLD a point to win... oh well. Its the devs fault. Scourge is not responsible for their screwups right? *cough* DH traps *cough*. I'm not focused on only 1v1. If you take that nuclear warhead (aka scourge) in a teamfight and you don't have one. Well, the only way to win is to "counter" it by running to other points right? Not like the enemy team will can other points. It is not possible. they will cap one and stay on it the entire game. But thanks man, this cunter is so legit..

>

> Please enjoy your time in low ranks. You clearly just want to complain. You will get no help from anyone because you just complain, and don't listen to people when you ask questions, just complain more. Clearly you get globaled by scourge, and don't know how to rotate in PvP, and that's fine. Just don't come to the forums expecting a nerf to something you just want to complain about with no basis showing clearly no understanding of conquest and how the gamemode works. I tried to answer with thought. I tried to give you real answers, but now you are getting asked to just stop. It's fine to ask for help, but not fine to just complain about something "broken" when clearly it's counterable and you just want to refuse that and complain "my favorite and bestest class is so fun and I keep dying to this big meanie, and I want my dad to beat up his dad so he's not gonna be a bully any more." That's all this has turned into. Learn to adapt, or PvP is just not for you. Simple as that. Good day sir or mam.

Um, but scourge will get nerfed thouch. So yeah. Thank you? Oh and plat = low ranks. Good to know.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Zlater.6789" said:

> > @"FyzE.3472" said:

> > > @"Zlater.6789" said:

> > > > > > > What I found helps is really good range burst, if youre on druid for example you can use a longbow for example, thats a really good counter considering you have enough damage.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Yes, it works OK if you run a sort of selfish build. If you want to use this support oriented specialization for, I don't know, SUPPORT, then you will have some problems. That and revs can't play pvp because their range options are quite limited. Oh and they have some balance issues too

> > > > >

> > > > > uh not really,

> > > > > LB has always been a good counter to necros

> > > > >

> > > > > Sure if youre using some trash like magi amulet, but you're really wasting stats with that. With Menders or Avatar amulet you should have enough damage, and honestly those are really the only 2 viable options in ranked. The only time you should even consider magi is in AT's, even then its only situational.

> > > >

> > > > OK, what you would suggest to warriors? Non-dh guards? Poor, poor revs?

> > >

> > > You're asking a question that cannot be answered, that's why you ask it. You already know that it is extremely unreasonable to expect every conceivable meta and non-meta build to be able hard counter literally everyone else that plays the game, turning them into some anti-necro god because they have slotted a single god tier weapon or trait.

> > >

> > > So maybe instead of asking stupid questions that you already know the answer to, why not think of things that counter necromancers and do them?

> >

> > My question is why? Why I don't have to counter a rev, war, thief etc? Because necro was underperforming for a long time? Well boohoo welcome to the revenant world. And not only them. To counter a necro, people MUST do stuff no other profession demands to beat it. I think that this is not really good.

>

> Well you're just speaking to the problem directly there, you say it yourself. Your problem is that in your poor revenant world you can't seem to get any better because literally everyone else is better than you.

>

> Here's the hard truth: When you sitting there going "boohoo my poor little revenant world I will never beat that scourge," that scourge is busy not caring about your poor little revenant world and only caring about winning the match. Infact I want you to know that NOBODY cares about your poor little revenant world, only you.

>

> While you're out there sulking about your poor little revenant world, everyone else is just busy getting it done.

Meh I'm not a revenant main. I play different professions. This is why I find scourge absurd. It is the single most broken design profession in the game. You have to be blind or maining it to say othervise. Or a ranger who pew pews it and does not understand why all the hate about scourge. I can beat a scourge, I don't like the weight of the stuff I must do in order to do so. Like I said, no other profession requires this amount of stuff in the build changed to counter ONLY it. if you disagre,, it is OK. I was not talking to you from the beginning :-)

> @"FyzE.3472" said:

> > @"Zlater.6789" said:

> > > @"FyzE.3472" said:

> > > > @"Zlater.6789" said:

> > > > > @"FyzE.3472" said:

> > > > > > @"Zlater.6789" said:

> > > > > > > @"FyzE.3472" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Zlater.6789" said:

> > > > > > > > What I found helps is really good range burst, if youre on druid for example you can use a longbow for example, thats a really good counter considering you have enough damage.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Yes, it works OK if you run a sort of selfish build. If you want to use this support oriented specialization for, I don't know, SUPPORT, then you will have some problems. That and revs can't play pvp because their range options are quite limited. Oh and they have some balance issues too

> > > > > >

> > > > > > uh not really,

> > > > > > LB has always been a good counter to necros

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Sure if youre using some trash like magi amulet, but you're really wasting stats with that. With Menders or Avatar amulet you should have enough damage, and honestly those are really the only 2 viable options in ranked. The only time you should even consider magi is in AT's, even then its only situational.

> > > > >

> > > > > OK, what you would suggest to warriors? Non-dh guards? Poor, poor revs?

> > > >

> > > > You're asking a question that cannot be answered, that's why you ask it. You already know that it is extremely unreasonable to expect every conceivable meta and non-meta build to be able hard counter literally everyone else that plays the game, turning them into some anti-necro god because they have slotted a single god tier weapon or trait.

> > > >

> > > > So maybe instead of asking stupid questions that you already know the answer to, why not think of things that counter necromancers and do them?

> > >

> > > My question is why? Why I don't have to counter a rev, war, thief etc? Because necro was underperforming for a long time? Well boohoo welcome to the revenant world. And not only them. To counter a necro, people MUST do stuff no other profession demands to beat it. I think that this is not really good.

> >

> > Well you're just speaking to the problem directly there, you say it yourself. Your problem is that in your poor revenant world you can't seem to get any better because literally everyone else is better than you.

> >

> > Here's the hard truth: When you sitting there going "boohoo my poor little revenant world I will never beat that scourge," that scourge is busy not caring about your poor little revenant world and only caring about winning the match. Infact I want you to know that NOBODY cares about your poor little revenant world, only you.

> >

> > While you're out there sulking about your poor little revenant world, everyone else is just busy getting it done.

>

> Meh I'm not a revenant main. I play different professions. This is why I find scourge absurd. It is the single most broken design profession in the game. You have to be blind or maining it to say othervise. Or a ranger who pew pews it and does not understand why all the hate about scourge. I can beat a scourge, I don't like the weight of the stuff I must do in order to do so. Like I said, no other profession requires this amount of stuff in the build changed to counter ONLY it. if you disagre,, it is OK. I was not talking to you from the beginning :-)

You still dont get it, nobody in this thread cares about your opinion on scourge, they are looking for helpful advice not your endless whining. If they wanted whiners they would have asked for it in the title. Please get back on topic, share something useful or go start a thread called "QQ scourge is too hard for me."

> @"Zlater.6789" said:

> > @"FyzE.3472" said:

> > > @"Zlater.6789" said:

> > > > > > > > @"FyzE.3472" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Zlater.6789" said:

> > > > > > > > > What I found helps is really good range burst, if youre on druid for example you can use a longbow for example, thats a really good counter considering you have enough damage.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Yes, it works OK if you run a sort of selfish build. If you want to use this support oriented specialization for, I don't know, SUPPORT, then you will have some problems. That and revs can't play pvp because their range options are quite limited. Oh and they have some balance issues too

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > uh not really,

> > > > > > > LB has always been a good counter to necros

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Sure if youre using some trash like magi amulet, but you're really wasting stats with that. With Menders or Avatar amulet you should have enough damage, and honestly those are really the only 2 viable options in ranked. The only time you should even consider magi is in AT's, even then its only situational.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > OK, what you would suggest to warriors? Non-dh guards? Poor, poor revs?

> > > > >

> > > > > You're asking a question that cannot be answered, that's why you ask it. You already know that it is extremely unreasonable to expect every conceivable meta and non-meta build to be able hard counter literally everyone else that plays the game, turning them into some anti-necro god because they have slotted a single god tier weapon or trait.

> > > > >

> > > > > So maybe instead of asking stupid questions that you already know the answer to, why not think of things that counter necromancers and do them?

> > > >

> > > > My question is why? Why I don't have to counter a rev, war, thief etc? Because necro was underperforming for a long time? Well boohoo welcome to the revenant world. And not only them. To counter a necro, people MUST do stuff no other profession demands to beat it. I think that this is not really good.

> > >

> > > Well you're just speaking to the problem directly there, you say it yourself. Your problem is that in your poor revenant world you can't seem to get any better because literally everyone else is better than you.

> > >

> > > Here's the hard truth: When you sitting there going "boohoo my poor little revenant world I will never beat that scourge," that scourge is busy not caring about your poor little revenant world and only caring about winning the match. Infact I want you to know that NOBODY cares about your poor little revenant world, only you.

> > >

> > > While you're out there sulking about your poor little revenant world, everyone else is just busy getting it done.

> >

> > Meh I'm not a revenant main. I play different professions. This is why I find scourge absurd. It is the single most broken design profession in the game. You have to be blind or maining it to say othervise. Or a ranger who pew pews it and does not understand why all the hate about scourge. I can beat a scourge, I don't like the weight of the stuff I must do in order to do so. Like I said, no other profession requires this amount of stuff in the build changed to counter ONLY it. if you disagre,, it is OK. I was not talking to you from the beginning :-)

>

> You still dont get it, nobody in this thread cares about your opinion on scourge, they are looking for helpful advice not your endless whining. If they wanted whiners they would have asked for it in the title. Please get back on topic, share something useful or go start a thread called "QQ scourge is too hard for me."

I gave it. You oneshot the thing or die. EZ PZ balance squeezy

> @"Neil.3825" said:

> Tl;dr :

> FyzE : Please nerf scourge it's one of the few counter that SB have. So unfair, I wan't to stay forever alive and kill all my opponents.

>

> I mean, are you serious ?

Neil: i main scourge so please do not nerf it! I will loose too much skill/rating if you do that.

I mean, are you serious?

Seriously though, do you even, you know, read, bruh?

Scourges are much easier to deal with post nerf as a S/D thief in a 1v1 or small scale situation. Avoid standing in the big red circles, interrupt their heal and I can usually down them. They're still amazing in team fights though especially when they get support from their teammates.

• 4 months later...

The problem with GW2 in general, especially in GW2's PvP and one of the main reasons why it failed as a competitive PvP game is the mindless oversaturation of boons and conditions. They are all applied instantly and especially on the PvP screen you can see how long the Boon/condition column gets, literally covering 25% of the screen length if you use a small laptop screen. You cannot really expect that anybody can actually keep track of what boons and what conditions are being instantly applied on a target.

See boons and conditions as the salt and the spices in the soup, that is the game. The soup we play here is overspiced and oversalted. It is a difficult soup to swallow. On top of all the large amount of boons and conditions, they do also come with different levels of intensity, meaning that they stack.

This is the secret to a successful PvP game of any kind: "simplicity".

The simpler a game the more fair and more fun it will be perceived. Take chess for example. Compare the chess we play with another form of chess where pieces would get booned and conditioned in several layers of intensity to such an oversaturated extend that you would totally lose track of status quo. That kind of chess would quickly be perceived as "fooling around" and "child's play". Such a chess game cannot be "competitive" or something that one could take "seriously".

As much as I love to play Chronomancer myself as my main and being the boon-bot for my parties, I am fully aware of it that its currently overall intended purpose is cancerous and sickening to the game.

A solution to this would be major overhaul of the boon and condition system. A drastic simplification is needed.

I hate it to be a skeptic but I highly doubt that ANet could actually pull that off but if they would do so then I would be greatly impressed. That would actually put some awe into me for ANet.

> @"Mr Godlike.6098" said:

> Amazing...conclusion of our forum is every single necro in game should be in top 10...instead in lower plat didn't seen scourge that could survive few seconds alone on node...

>

> i have seen necros farmed by rife deadeye's spaming buttons...

> i have seen necros dying to fresh weaver...build with almost 0 zero condi cleanse...

> i have seen necros dying to pets...

> i have seen team with 3 necro's losing to team with 3 rangers...

> i have seen necro calling me cancer cause i didn't want to stand in all his shades

> i have seen necro's rushing far, alone at first split and being surprised that everybody on his team is dead on mid

> i have seen necro's going rambo style against 2-3 players and dying

> I have seen necro's stubbornly staying on node and tanking mender's druid staff 1 till they die...

>

> Scourge is efficient because everyone below plat thinks that you should always fight on node no matter how many aoe's are on it...Like caping node is more important then staying alive!

>

>

>

This guy get's it, Scourge isn't as strong as many make it out to be. Scourge is strong at close range and so it should be as I believe each build needs to have its area of expertise, Scourge is close range. Now if you're running a build that gets hard countered by it than you need to look at your options and rethink what role you plan on playing. If the other team has 2 Scourges and your build doesn't do well, change your role maybe pushing far or capping home might be a better option for you or running a different class, not every build is the best option for every game. Why do you think people learn more than one class these days, there is no 1 build to rule them all.

If you guys complain about Scourge post SS nerf you are just bad players since you cant dodge/avoid obvious telegraphed aoe or basic (non SS) shade it seems. Since SS nerf scourge is a JOKE to deal. Maybe l2p first? Maybe you try play non-SS scourge in plat then you talk? Maybe lets see how many seconds you survive before getting rekt by constant ganking/pressure in high end pvp? oh you cant cause you are all low tier scrubs.

It's not about countering them.

Their mechanics,the spamable boon corrupt-that came as an answer to the spamable boon application- and especially the movable AoE around the player,is dead easy to play and toxic and not fun to play against.

And I play a Scourge too.

In it's current state this is not a class for a game that's serious about it's PvP,in my humble opinion.