Legendary Lore Nerf

Sorin Noroku.5342

> @Syktek.7912 said:

> We knew it was coming and it came in a way that did exactly what it should have done. It stopped stupidly high DPS from occuring in PvE. It stopped people from instant nuking team fights in PvP (No, that's not supposed to happen, get good and learn to play a real build that requires more thought than three buttons) and it barely did a thing to WvW builds. Overall it struck where it was supposed to. Good job Anet.

>

> New DPS benchmark is 38k.

Except that it's the exact opposite, they struck exactly where they shouldn't have.

This is a nerf to firebrand's damage for all game modes. If they nerfed Ashes directly, it would stop both pve and pvp abuse just the same, without murdering solo and wvw damage.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm fine with nerfs as long as they don't make Firebrand worse than Dragonhunter.

Dragonhunter was already is extremely good spot, if they can make Firebrand at least as good and with extra 2k DPS I'm happy.

The only sad aspect about the spec is how mediocre the support is in PvE - all the pre HoT support specs are still miles ahead and better. Sad.

> @"Sorin Noroku.5342" said:

> > @Ythamios.8593 said:

> > Nice this is how to kill the spec, why to play this spec ???? please dev need more explanations why create a spec that is useless omg

>

> I don't know if this KILLED it entirely, but I agree to why play firebrand now when weaver still sits at 47-49k dps, and soulbeast sits at 40k. If firebrand requires multiple people to hit 35k (which I see entirely) and doesn't even compete with other specs, it'll be dead in water for raiding, which is a large bit of endgame and the reason for the cries for nerf (imo). Firebrand doesn't have the break that soulbeast has, and doesn't have the consistant cleave that weaver has, it doesn't have the damage that scourge has, or the damage renegade has, it's been dropped below holosmith which people are saying is still weaker than base engi (solo at least), and looks like dps of a cps, with no party support like cps has (headbutt, banners, might bot, fury, break).

>

> I'm honestly curious if this will cause a revert from Anet.

>

> **anet please revert and then nerf Ashes of the Just, that was the issue not the extra burning!**

Doesn't it have good quickness uptime, allowing a chronomancer to switch to only focusing on providing alacrity, and thus switching to a 20k or so build?

I understand the nerf, but the replacement is braindead.> @Eponet.4829 said:

> > @"Sorin Noroku.5342" said:

> > > @Ythamios.8593 said:

> > > Nice this is how to kill the spec, why to play this spec ???? please dev need more explanations why create a spec that is useless omg

> >

> > I don't know if this KILLED it entirely, but I agree to why play firebrand now when weaver still sits at 47-49k dps, and soulbeast sits at 40k. If firebrand requires multiple people to hit 35k (which I see entirely) and doesn't even compete with other specs, it'll be dead in water for raiding, which is a large bit of endgame and the reason for the cries for nerf (imo). Firebrand doesn't have the break that soulbeast has, and doesn't have the consistant cleave that weaver has, it doesn't have the damage that scourge has, or the damage renegade has, it's been dropped below holosmith which people are saying is still weaker than base engi (solo at least), and looks like dps of a cps, with no party support like cps has (headbutt, banners, might bot, fury, break).

> >

> > I'm honestly curious if this will cause a revert from Anet.

> >

> > **anet please revert and then nerf Ashes of the Just, that was the issue not the extra burning!**

>

> Doesn't it have good quickness uptime, allowing a chronomancer to switch to only focusing on providing alacrity, and thus switching to a 20k or so build?

What are you on? Both are built into a chrono's aresenal. You don't just drop one for the other.

> @Thz.7569 said:

> What are you on? Both are built into a chrono's aresenal. You don't just drop one for the other.

Quickness requires concentration, alacrity doesn't. In that sense a Chronomancer could make build changes allowing it to do more DPS. For example, it could drop signet of inspiration, well of action and sigil of concentration and replace those with utilities that could increase their condition damage. My criticism now is though that quickness given by the Firebrand is still somewhat lackluster due to the radius limitations of mantra's. Also the huge nerf to Legendary Lore significantly reduced the Firebrand's DPS. I'm not sure whether the FIrebrand/Chronomancer combination will still have sufficient DPS while providing quickness compared to a dedicated chronomancer combined with a DPS role. That's something for the benchmarks to find out.

> @Thz.7569 said:

> I understand the nerf, but the replacement is braindead.> @Eponet.4829 said:

> > > @"Sorin Noroku.5342" said:

> > > > @Ythamios.8593 said:

> > > > Nice this is how to kill the spec, why to play this spec ???? please dev need more explanations why create a spec that is useless omg

> > >

> > > I don't know if this KILLED it entirely, but I agree to why play firebrand now when weaver still sits at 47-49k dps, and soulbeast sits at 40k. If firebrand requires multiple people to hit 35k (which I see entirely) and doesn't even compete with other specs, it'll be dead in water for raiding, which is a large bit of endgame and the reason for the cries for nerf (imo). Firebrand doesn't have the break that soulbeast has, and doesn't have the consistant cleave that weaver has, it doesn't have the damage that scourge has, or the damage renegade has, it's been dropped below holosmith which people are saying is still weaker than base engi (solo at least), and looks like dps of a cps, with no party support like cps has (headbutt, banners, might bot, fury, break).

> > >

> > > I'm honestly curious if this will cause a revert from Anet.

> > >

> > > **anet please revert and then nerf Ashes of the Just, that was the issue not the extra burning!**

> >

> > Doesn't it have good quickness uptime, allowing a chronomancer to switch to only focusing on providing alacrity, and thus switching to a 20k or so build?

>

> What are you on? Both are built into a chrono's aresenal. You don't just drop one for the other.

You're not dropping one for the other. You're dropping one for DPS. Providing both at once is what's tanking their personal damage. If they don't need to provide quickness themselves, they actually have the ability to push their personal damage to quite reasonable levels.

Alternatively, people at the Revenant board seem to be trying to make an alacrity/assassin's presence/damage/soulcleave's summit Renegade build work that, if they manage to get to work, would, when combined with quickness from Firebrand could replace chronomancer buffs entirely.

Though, I still feel that the Alacrity/DPS chronomancer would have better affinity, since said chronomancer provides the 4 other people on its own in the event that you're needing to split or whatever, and the bit of incidental quickness from their shield 5 would help make up for mistakes/mechanics that require deviation from their rotation in the firebrand.

> @LeSavage.1359 said:

> was about to change my viper ascended set with trapper and nightmare runes to sinister balthazar and sigil of burning. Im glad i held off. The nerf is too big

I'm still running the viper with renegade runes, hitting a fairly decent number of dps. One that I feel should be just fine for raids without murdering them. I'm 5k off the benchmark without really practicing it to minmax the rotation.

> @Eponet.4829 said:

> > @"Sorin Noroku.5342" said:

> > > @Ythamios.8593 said:

> > > Nice this is how to kill the spec, why to play this spec ???? please dev need more explanations why create a spec that is useless omg

> >

> > I don't know if this KILLED it entirely, but I agree to why play firebrand now when weaver still sits at 47-49k dps, and soulbeast sits at 40k. If firebrand requires multiple people to hit 35k (which I see entirely) and doesn't even compete with other specs, it'll be dead in water for raiding, which is a large bit of endgame and the reason for the cries for nerf (imo). Firebrand doesn't have the break that soulbeast has, and doesn't have the consistant cleave that weaver has, it doesn't have the damage that scourge has, or the damage renegade has, it's been dropped below holosmith which people are saying is still weaker than base engi (solo at least), and looks like dps of a cps, with no party support like cps has (headbutt, banners, might bot, fury, break).

> >

> > I'm honestly curious if this will cause a revert from Anet.

> >

> > **anet please revert and then nerf Ashes of the Just, that was the issue not the extra burning!**

>

> Doesn't it have good quickness uptime, allowing a chronomancer to switch to only focusing on providing alacrity, and thus switching to a 20k or so build?

Yes, you can do that, but you are adding an extra class in the group, and that spot can only come at a cost of a dps class. Therefore, you gain 10k or so from your chrono, but you lose a dps class, so firebrand has to make up for the difference through their own personal dps.

And then, let's look at this situation. You have chrono that can do both alacrity and quickness, and firebrand that can do only quickness, so we are brought in the group just so chrono can have build variety. That's firebrand's accomplishment, giving more options to chrono, instead of being a class that can stand on its own.

Oh, and if this work,s it's only possible in one subgroup only, the one without the chronotank.

The only real problem for me is the high discrepancy of DPS compared to solo and group. They could nerf Quickfire and Tome of Justice 5 but for compensation buff other skills. The Firebrand could still have a higher DPS on a group, but not so low DPS solo. That's the main problem that I see with the class.

It's unfortunate that there was really no way to stop this nerf from carrying over to pvp. As is, we now have a pretty unfair situation where FB has been nerfed before the balance patch and will have to deal with it for another couple weeks, possibly suffering more nerfs when the balance patch hits, while everyone else can continue enjoying their rock gazelles 1-shotting people, or their scourges effortlessly murdering everyone on point.

Not sure what the complaints are about. Dragonhunter was basically top dps in raids before POF (very high damage and easy rotation). Not sure why Firebrand, which brings a not insignificant amount of support should have higher damage. 38k is really really good for a class that brings moderate/low group quickness.

I disagree with the way they nerfed FB, should have reduced the +group damage while keeping solo damage high but even now it is still very very OP compared to other classes who do similar amounts of damage with absolutely no support. FB should be well under DH dps for this reason.

> @Enigmoid.1264 said:

> **Not sure what the complaints are about.** Dragonhunter was basically top dps in raids before POF (very high damage and easy rotation). Not sure why Firebrand, which brings a not insignificant amount of support should have higher damage. 38k is really really good for a class that brings moderate/low group quickness.

>

> **I disagree with the way they nerfed FB, should have reduced the +group damage while keeping solo damage high** but even now it is still very very OP compared to other classes who do similar amounts of damage with absolutely no support. FB should be well under DH dps for this reason.

It seems like you understand why everyone is complaining. We were all totally expecting a nerf, but the way they did it just shows once again how incompetent Anet is at understanding how their own game works.

> @Azoqu.8917 said:

> > @Enigmoid.1264 said:

> > **Not sure what the complaints are about.** Dragonhunter was basically top dps in raids before POF (very high damage and easy rotation). Not sure why Firebrand, which brings a not insignificant amount of support should have higher damage. 38k is really really good for a class that brings moderate/low group quickness.

> >

> > **I disagree with the way they nerfed FB, should have reduced the +group damage while keeping solo damage high** but even now it is still very very OP compared to other classes who do similar amounts of damage with absolutely no support. FB should be well under DH dps for this reason.

>

> It seems like you understand why everyone is complaining. We were all totally expecting a nerf, but the way they did it just shows once again how incompetent Anet is at understanding how their own game works.

Not sure what Anet is thinking. They may have thought that the tome burst damage was too high. The nerf was justified and FB, like most PoF specs, will get nerfed more in the future.

Still this forum is still complaining about FB dps. 38k is more than DH (basically top damage pre POF) was doing and DH had 0/minimal support. Seeing this in the scourge forum as well. People wanting great support capabilities and top tier dps at the same time.

37k is still fine, dunno what everybody is on about. Tbh, Ive expected a way worse nerf and I am glad Anet devs restrained themselves :)

As for quickness firebrand...

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQRAnf7fnsADFBjdBDWCBkCjl4Bb/lWT3pVBgtU9yaD8CeUA-jhhAQBgU5HEV/xinEAAqfAAPBAbu/oEkUA8ssC-e

100% quickness uptime, 26-27k dps (with mesmer clones) realistic buffs... if you put an alacrity chrono in that group as well, you wont loose dps... and both builds are quite easy to play. So, yes... I think its something to consider, especially if your group doesnt have a good chrono... and lets face it... the majority of chronos cant even buff 100% quickness and alacrity... not to mention do more than 3k dps.

> @Vajra.3914 said:

> It should have been 100%, since they took away 2 extra burning stack, it would have lowered the damage but kept it on a good spot. 20% is near useless, in most cases it doesn't even reach 1 extra full sec.

100% would have been a buff compared to the old version.

> @Yasi.9065 said:

> So, yes... I think its something to consider, especially if your group doesnt have a good chrono... and lets face it... the majority of chronos cant even buff 100% quickness and alacrity... not to mention do more than 3k dps

TFW you have higher quickness uptime than either chrono on boss.... 80% compared to 60%