anet lost its direction.

> @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > > If gw1 is so much better then why not play it instead of Gw2?

> >

> > That argument is old and does not make the least bit of sense. GW1 does no longer provide new content - playing the "same old, same old" a million times over again isn't fun, regardless of how much you love the game.

>

> But doenst OP want to play the „same old, same old“ in Gw2 instead of Gw1?

No. They want the same _style_ of game, the same skill design, story design etc., not the exact same content.

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > > > If gw1 is so much better then why not play it instead of Gw2?

> > >

> > > That argument is old and does not make the least bit of sense. GW1 does no longer provide new content - playing the "same old, same old" a million times over again isn't fun, regardless of how much you love the game.

> >

> > But doenst OP want to play the „same old, same old“ in Gw2 instead of Gw1?

>

> No. They want the same _style_ of game, the same skill design, story design etc., not the exact same content.

Hmm, that's not what I come away with after re-reading their post. They want to have to grind the same content over and over so that they can pull that one rare drop, and then spam WTS in town so they can make as much money as possible on the item, which sounds exactly like wanting to run the exact same content. As an aside, all of the specific items you list there are content, and making the same means that they, too, are exactly the same.

> @"robertthebard.8150" said:

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > > > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > > > > If gw1 is so much better then why not play it instead of Gw2?

> > > >

> > > > That argument is old and does not make the least bit of sense. GW1 does no longer provide new content - playing the "same old, same old" a million times over again isn't fun, regardless of how much you love the game.

> > >

> > > But doenst OP want to play the „same old, same old“ in Gw2 instead of Gw1?

> >

> > No. They want the same _style_ of game, the same skill design, story design etc., not the exact same content.

>

> Hmm, that's not what I come away with after re-reading their post. They want to have to grind the same content over and over so that they can pull that one rare drop, and then spam WTS in town so they can make as much money as possible on the item, which sounds exactly like wanting to run the exact same content. As an aside, all of the specific items you list there are content, and making the same means that they, too, are exactly the same.

Hmm, you really present a different (guessing, limited to your personal experience) perspective. My perspective (currently playing Guild Wars, not GW2) is beeing a poor, regular person in Guild Wars: Ultra rare drops would be nice but...

Trading was (is) sort of a minigame in Guild Wars - It involves real 1-1 player interaction you know? I remember (and cherish) a lot of Guild Wars traders: "Todeshand", StueyG and many others... GW2 people... Nope... Not a single trade/chat/auction since it is not happening in GW2...

Feel free to disagree, but I had a lot more MMO'ish chats/trades/interactions in Guild Wars than I ever did in GW2.

The reward mode of GW1 is much better than GW2. . The reward for GW2 is terrible, just keep getting garbage and dismantling it. When you need to make legendary props, you have to use gemstones to exchange gold coins and buy wood and ore. . . . This is very boring. . . .

I think every map should have a lot of unique skin, just like the cliffs of Aha and the silver fields.

The weapon skin is much more boring. The legendary weapon crushed everything. . .

> @"alberte.2685" said:

> The reward mode of GW1 is much better than GW2. . The reward for GW2 is terrible, just keep getting garbage and dismantling it. When you need to make legendary props, you have to use gemstones to exchange gold coins and buy wood and ore. . . . This is very boring. . . .

> I think every map should have a lot of unique skin, just like the cliffs of Aha and the silver fields.

> The weapon skin is much more boring. The legendary weapon crushed everything. . .

Exactly the point . Kind of like infusions right . They have the right idea here !