I'm still dreaming with a new playable race/breed

Menzo.2185

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > [Massively OP Summarizes Mike Zadorojny's (April 2018) Comments on New Professions, new Races](http://massivelyop.com/2018/04/09/pax-east-2018-guild-wars-2-game-director-mike-zadorojny-on-path-of-fire-monetization-and-more/)

>

> > We also talked a bit about things that are probably not happening. New professions, for example, have probably been sidelined forever in favor of new elite specializations; they allow the team to change the feel of a given profession without actually forcing you to play a new character along the way. New races, too, are a lot of work for limited rewards, and any sort of console development is also not something the team is focused on.

>

> > Obviously, none of this is set in stone; he stressed that the quote to take away is not that new races will never be added. It’s just not the current direction.

>

>

If by limited rewards they mean a lot of work to give people what they, basically, already have then yes, there's that. But the payout would be completing the transformation from GW to GW2. From the very first moment I heard they were going to have more than a single race, I have been wrong about one of those races being Tengu.

I hate being wrong and yet 6yrs into GW2 I am still wrong. I have one of each profession and switch specializations around a bit. I also have 2 mules. And recently, I made a Hulk... because I could. Still, I don't really want to do more than finish the story episodes, then get back to other games.

If this helps Arenanet, I'd pay $50 in the gem store Just for the Tengu. No back story, no home city. Just the playable race. Not only that but I would instantly buy 7 more character slots (I have 2 vacant slots from expansions) to make one of each profession with a static specialization and just use the others to try future builds.

Also, keep in mind that with each passing addition to the game you make, there is more armor pieces that need to be updated. I would like to see a new race or two with each expansion and I realize how much work that would be. But, in reality, not including the Tengu was an oversight from the beginning. One that many of us would like corrected.