Mistlock Sacntuary pass worth it?

Zabrios.6079

Hi,

I already own the Lily of the Elon pass and now they've brought back the Mistlock one. Is it worth it? (I have 1k spare gems) I mean, the convenience of a Fractal portal and going back to the previous map you were sure is tempting, but I don't know if it really is that 'convenient'.

Thank you.

I only brought it the other day when it came back, and I think the stuff inside it is well placed. But it's the only pass I've ever had, so I'm not sure how it compares to the others. Really the main appeal to me was the fractal portal, as LA can be a bit slow to load on my HDD, so the option to never have to load into LA again made this definitely worth it for me!

The only downside personally, is it feels a bit too surreal and detached from the world for my liking. So visually I'd probably have preferred one of the other passes where you're in a map and can see the world outside. But in the end convenience and features won me over, I don't have any regrets picking it up. Maybe if I can afford to then I'll buy one of the other passes in the future as well to have the option.

> @Zabrios.6079 said:

> Hi,

>

> I already own the Lily of the Elon pass and now they've brought back the Mistlock one. Is it worth it? (I have 1k spare gems) I mean, the convenience of a Fractal portal and going back to the previous map you were sure is tempting, but I don't know if it really is that 'convenient'.

>

> Thank you.

I've got 3 of these passes now (Noble's Folly, Mistlock Sanctuary, and Lily of Elon). Mistlock Sanctuary is EASILY the best of the three. As soon as I saw it available, I bought it without hesitation.

I only had the temporary Mistlock and the Lily of Elona. The Mistlock is superior. You can port to so many places from there, return to previous place, everything is close together (no switching floors like Lily) and there is everything you could possibly need in there, plus the fractals entrance.

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> I'd say it's worth it. I have the Royal Terrace, the Lily and I bought the Mistlock. The ability to go to a crafting/merchant/banking area and back to the spot you came from is a useful feature and one that the other passes don't have. It's especially useful since they removed crafting from WvW.

They did?

> @Zabrios.6079 said:

> > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > I'd say it's worth it. I have the Royal Terrace, the Lily and I bought the Mistlock. The ability to go to a crafting/merchant/banking area and back to the spot you came from is a useful feature and one that the other passes don't have. It's especially useful since they removed crafting from WvW.

>

> They did?

Some time back now.

It used to be you could go to WvW to craft and then back to your map but they thought the handful of people who did that at any one time impacted their queues on the borderlands (on the few occasions that the borderlands even had a queue) so they removed the crafting stations. Which is what makes the Mistlock so useful.

Yes, Mistlock Sanctuary is worthy to buy because it is the best pass of them all, hands down. Mistlock Sanctuary, as the only pass has "Travel to the previous map" as a gate option and an access to Fractals.

I have also "Lily" and "Lava Lounge". Lava Lounge is OK but Lily is a total garbage, with spread facilities (on purpose so, you will buy another pass) and not even a junk merchant next to TP & Bank and has a long route-exit to town. Lily's only benefit is that it serves as a free shortcut to PoF maps. Otherwise, "Lily of the Elon" should be avoided. Get Mistlock Sanctuary instead.

There is one thing that Lily is good for and that’s getting your alts to the new maps without having to do the story each time. Other than that it’s not worth buying. The layout of the NPC’s is poor and there’s way to much space in between important NPC’s. People complained on the forums that it was too small and cramped so they redesigned it. I would not buy it now for a ‘one stop shopping’ site but only as a story skipper and a fast port to the desert The Mistlock is far superior in its layout.

I just bought Mistlock.

Aside from able to go back to previous map and the access to fractals. Mistlock is way too crowded with people and i actually feel like a pleb there than a royalty. The area is small comparing to Lily and there is no upper floors, but the lack of ability to use mounts doesn't help you reach facilities faster than you can in lily.

On other hand, Lily has few people, very good scenery and having access to world map wp, also despite facilities being spread out, you can always use mounts. A single raptor jump will instantly reach yourself to the other end.

> @Alchofas.8243 said:

> I just bought Mistlock.

>

> Aside from able to go back to previous map and the access to fractals. Mistlock is way too crowded with people and i actually feel like a pleb there than a royalty. The area is small comparing to Lily and there is no upper floors, but the lack of ability to use mounts doesn't help you reach facilities faster than you can in lily.

>

> On other hand, Lily has few people, very good scenery and having access to world map wp, also despite facilities being spread out, you can always use mounts. A single raptor jump will instantly reach yourself to the other end.

Who needs mounts when you have Nova Launch, the skill that does **everything**?

I'm just going to say that I'm surprised nobody's mentioned the Airship here. The beauty of the Airship in Gendarran Fields is that you literally have everything within two seconds of each other and barely have to move around. For doing crafting work and other stuff it's great.

I have a access to a lot of those special places, but mistlock sanctuary is by far the most useful in my opinion.

- Royal Terrace: Great for events like wintersday with instant port to Divinitys Reach.

- Havoc's Heir airship: I love the ability to fly above Gendarran Fields. That's it. The ship is boring.

- Lava Lounge: Great location in Ember Bay in my opinion.

- Lily of Elon: Beautiful special area with lots of place. Feels refreshing to be here. I just really love the design.

- mistlock sanctuary: Everything is placed near each other, you can port back to your last location, Nova launch is useful and floating through the air is so much fun. Oh, and there's a mini game in there too! And the music is lovely here.

I still need to get Noble's Folly *-* Not sure If it's worth it...but I want them all :)