Beefy PC but low FPS - engine limitation?

I have a pretty powerful PC but when doing world bosses my FPS goes to 20-30 in certain occasions though my CPU & GPU usage remains at roughly 30%. Is this an engine limitation that I guess you just can't brute force your way through? Specs below:

i7-8700K @ 5GHz

RTX 2080 Ti

32GB DDR4-3200MHz

SSD

I should note I play at 4K resolution. Anyone else experience this in heavy group content? Everywhere else my FPS is over 100+ but I find it strange that my CPU & GPU usage is not even hitting 50% and I'm seeing severe drops. Thanks.

> @"Rinoa.8915" said:

> I have a pretty powerful PC but when doing world bosses my FPS goes to 20-30 in certain occasions though my CPU & GPU usage remains at roughly 30%. Is this an engine limitation that I guess you just can't brute force your way through? Specs below:

>

> i7-8700K @ 5GHz

> RTX 2080 Ti

> 32GB DDR4-3200MHz

> SSD

>

> I should note I play at 4K resolution. Anyone else experience this in heavy group content? Everywhere else my FPS is over 100+ but I find it strange that my CPU & GPU usage is not even hitting 50% and I'm seeing severe drops. Thanks.

You are limited by the game's cpu mainthread. Open the windows taskmanager and select the view for each separate core and see that one is at 100% while the rest of your cpu is barely utilized.

Disable reflections and shadows to greatly improve cpu performance without too much of a visual impact. The missing reflections are almost not noticeable and the game still has a lot of pre-baked shadows and the gpu rendered ambient occlusion when disabling shadows.

Rinoa, nothing you can do there. Your performance sounds about right with your setup.

My Setup:

Intel i7-9700k @ 5.1Ghz

RTX 2070 OC

16GB DDR4-3200Mhz

SSD.

I play at 4k with highest setting and getting above 60FPS pretty much everywhere except while doing World Bosses and WvW with lots of players, during those time I'll get about 30FPS. This game is really CPU bound, that RTX2080ti won't be able to help you much. My CPU hits its limit more often than my GPU.