Suggestion: Rework the loot system

A few thoughts.

What if Arena.net make rotational loot on boss encounters?

Like week 1 - fancy miniature week 2 - fancy armor model etc etc etc

And they can remove super RNG and super rare items from bosses and make them a reward in hard challenges

Like they can make REALLY DIFFICULT HARDCORE MY KEYBOARD IS BREAKING HARD jumping puzzle, in the end of which you get the Chak Egg Sac.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"phs.6089" said:

> that is the only thing that keeps TD meta alive for 3 years, the hope for chack egg sac drop. Why would they make it into another Serpent Ire?

How is anything that i suggest is close to the Serpent Ire?

And if only thing that keeps TD meta alive is chag egg sac drop then it MUST be reworked.

> @"Cherdakuru.5841" said:

> Challenges > RNG

> Change my mind

Not everyone is up to the challenge and as this game caters mostly to casuals, catering to challenge seekers will kill this game. That's why I feel for this game your proposition fails. Having said that there is more than challenge and RNG. There is also grind or repetition that is not based on RNG like this game has plenty of already. The solution may lie in having people work for it rather than it being subject to RNG.

I'm not a big fan of RNG in general because it's not about challenge and it's not about working towards a goal but just being lucky. There is a saying that goes like this: _stupidity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results_

My view is that RNG is closely related to this saying. Make of that what you will.

> @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > @"Cherdakuru.5841" said:

> > Challenges > RNG

> > Change my mind

> Not everyone is up to the challenge and as this game caters mostly to casuals, catering to challenge seekers will kill this game. That's why I feel for this game your proposition fails. Having said that there is more than challenge and RNG. There is also grind or repetition that is not based on RNG like this game has plenty of already. The solution may lie in having people work for it rather than it being subject to RNG.

>

> I'm not a big fan of RNG in general because it's not about challenge and it's not about working towards a goal but just being lucky. There is a saying that goes like this: _stupidity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results_

>

> My view is that RNG is closely related to this saying. Make of that what you will.

>

I think casuals will be happy to have different rewards every week (they can be still based on rng but with much higher chances)

And challenges that involve common actions are not so hard either

And if we put super rare items behind super hard content i think for casual it is the same as what they are doing now, in terms that they won't get it for long

But if we put it behind super hard content wall, at least they will know that they can guranteed get that one day

> > @"phs.6089" said:

> > that is the only thing that keeps TD meta alive for 3 years, the hope for chack egg sac drop. Why would they make it into another Serpent Ire?

> How is anything that i suggest is close to the Serpent Ire?

> And if only thing that keeps TD meta alive is chag egg sac drop then it MUST be reworked.

People will get those achievements in no time, sac will drop in price to almost nothing, TD meta will become abandoned as not profitable just like Serpent Ire.

Raiders that are forced to ger chack eggs for Envoy will be forced to run it just by themselves. Prolly will make a meta build and ask for kill proof to join TD meta ;)

> @"phs.6089" said:

> > > @"phs.6089" said:

> > > that is the only thing that keeps TD meta alive for 3 years, the hope for chack egg sac drop. Why would they make it into another Serpent Ire?

> > How is anything that i suggest is close to the Serpent Ire?

> > And if only thing that keeps TD meta alive is chag egg sac drop then it MUST be reworked.

>

> People will get those achievements in no time, sac will drop in price to almost nothing, TD meta will become abandoned as not profitable just like Serpent Ire.

>

> Raiders that are forced to ger chack eggs for Envoy will be forced to run it just by themselves. Prolly will make a meta build and ask for kill proof to join TD meta ;)

Then they need to make challenge rewards worthy. Like they can drop things for the legendary weapon crafting. Or unique cosmetics.

And yep, this challenges designed to do them weekly, so no problem if they are done in no time, next week there will be different rewards

> > @"Biff.5312" said:

> > That sounds really awful.

>

> Wow. Such an insight!

I'd say the same of your post. I don't need to offer 'insight', just disagreement. I wouldn't want the impression to be made that everyone thinks this is a good idea.

> > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > @"Cherdakuru.5841" said:

> > > Challenges > RNG

> > > Change my mind

> > Not everyone is up to the challenge and as this game caters mostly to casuals, catering to challenge seekers will kill this game. That's why I feel for this game your proposition fails. Having said that there is more than challenge and RNG. There is also grind or repetition that is not based on RNG like this game has plenty of already. The solution may lie in having people work for it rather than it being subject to RNG.

> >

> > I'm not a big fan of RNG in general because it's not about challenge and it's not about working towards a goal but just being lucky. There is a saying that goes like this: _stupidity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results_

> >

> > My view is that RNG is closely related to this saying. Make of that what you will.

> >

> I think casuals will be happy to have different rewards every week (they can be still based on rng but with much higher chances)

> And challenges that involve common actions are not so hard either

> And if we put super rare items behind super hard content i think for casual it is the same as what they are doing now, in terms that they won't get it for long

> But if we put it behind super hard content wall, at least they will know that they can guranteed get that one day

I think this is just about what you want the way you want it. If you put things behind a "super hard content wall" it will only be achieved by the super few. That's not a sensible thing to do.

Besides, I don't think that you are suggesting putting super rare items behind a "super hard content wall" because that will automatically mean they will never get it. I can see how it serves your purposes but I have no reason to believe it serves the greater community.

> > @"phs.6089" said:

> > > > @"phs.6089" said:

> > > > that is the only thing that keeps TD meta alive for 3 years, the hope for chack egg sac drop. Why would they make it into another Serpent Ire?

> > > How is anything that i suggest is close to the Serpent Ire?

> > > And if only thing that keeps TD meta alive is chag egg sac drop then it MUST be reworked.

> >

> > People will get those achievements in no time, sac will drop in price to almost nothing, TD meta will become abandoned as not profitable just like Serpent Ire.

> >

> > Raiders that are forced to ger chack eggs for Envoy will be forced to run it just by themselves. Prolly will make a meta build and ask for kill proof to join TD meta ;)

>

> Then they need to make challenge rewards worthy. Like they can drop things for the legendary weapon crafting. Or unique cosmetics.

> And yep, this challenges designed to do them weekly, so no problem if they are done in no time, next week there will be different rewards

>

Answer me this please. TD works as intended as it was designed, why change something that works? Why even touch it?

Give me one good reason.

> @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > > @"Cherdakuru.5841" said:

> > > > Challenges > RNG

> > > > Change my mind

> > > Not everyone is up to the challenge and as this game caters mostly to casuals, catering to challenge seekers will kill this game. That's why I feel for this game your proposition fails. Having said that there is more than challenge and RNG. There is also grind or repetition that is not based on RNG like this game has plenty of already. The solution may lie in having people work for it rather than it being subject to RNG.

> > >

> > > I'm not a big fan of RNG in general because it's not about challenge and it's not about working towards a goal but just being lucky. There is a saying that goes like this: _stupidity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results_

> > >

> > > My view is that RNG is closely related to this saying. Make of that what you will.

> > >

> > I think casuals will be happy to have different rewards every week (they can be still based on rng but with much higher chances)

> > And challenges that involve common actions are not so hard either

> > And if we put super rare items behind super hard content i think for casual it is the same as what they are doing now, in terms that they won't get it for long

> > But if we put it behind super hard content wall, at least they will know that they can guranteed get that one day

>

> I think this is just about what you want the way you want it. If you put things behind a "super hard content wall" it will only be achieved by the super few. That's not a sensible thing to do.

> Besides, I don't think that you are suggesting putting super rare items behind a "super hard content wall" because that will automatically mean they will never get it. I can see how it serves your purposes but I have no reason to believe it serves the greater community.

>

Please say how many people have Chak Egg Sac right now?

I think having <1% chance to get the thing is more then an argument to people not having the item.

Actually i'm pretty sure more people can get those super rare items if you put it behind the VERY HARD wall.

That also means that the price will drop eventually, and those that can't complete it at least will be able to buy it.

> > > > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > > > @"Cherdakuru.5841" said:

> > > > > Challenges > RNG

> > > > > Change my mind

> > > > Not everyone is up to the challenge and as this game caters mostly to casuals, catering to challenge seekers will kill this game. That's why I feel for this game your proposition fails. Having said that there is more than challenge and RNG. There is also grind or repetition that is not based on RNG like this game has plenty of already. The solution may lie in having people work for it rather than it being subject to RNG.

> > > >

> > > > I'm not a big fan of RNG in general because it's not about challenge and it's not about working towards a goal but just being lucky. There is a saying that goes like this: _stupidity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results_

> > > >

> > > > My view is that RNG is closely related to this saying. Make of that what you will.

> > > >

> > > I think casuals will be happy to have different rewards every week (they can be still based on rng but with much higher chances)

> > > And challenges that involve common actions are not so hard either

> > > And if we put super rare items behind super hard content i think for casual it is the same as what they are doing now, in terms that they won't get it for long

> > > But if we put it behind super hard content wall, at least they will know that they can guranteed get that one day

> >

> > I think this is just about what you want the way you want it. If you put things behind a "super hard content wall" it will only be achieved by the super few. That's not a sensible thing to do.

> > Besides, I don't think that you are suggesting putting super rare items behind a "super hard content wall" because that will automatically mean they will never get it. I can see how it serves your purposes but I have no reason to believe it serves the greater community.

> >

>

> Please say how many people have Chak Egg Sac right now?

> I think having <1% chance to get the thing is more then an argument to people not having the item.

> Actually i'm pretty sure more people can get those super rare items if you put it behind the VERY HARD wall.

> That also means that the price will drop eventually, and those that can't complete it at least will be able to buy it.

>

>

You're sure, I'm not. So why would you be more right than me?

Besides, have you ever considered that ArenaNet actually wants some super rare items in the game and that making it more readily available would be contrary to their goals?

> @"phs.6089" said:

> > > @"phs.6089" said:

> > > > > @"phs.6089" said:

> > > > > that is the only thing that keeps TD meta alive for 3 years, the hope for chack egg sac drop. Why would they make it into another Serpent Ire?

> > > > How is anything that i suggest is close to the Serpent Ire?

> > > > And if only thing that keeps TD meta alive is chag egg sac drop then it MUST be reworked.

> > >

> > > People will get those achievements in no time, sac will drop in price to almost nothing, TD meta will become abandoned as not profitable just like Serpent Ire.

> > >

> > > Raiders that are forced to ger chack eggs for Envoy will be forced to run it just by themselves. Prolly will make a meta build and ask for kill proof to join TD meta ;)

> >

> > Then they need to make challenge rewards worthy. Like they can drop things for the legendary weapon crafting. Or unique cosmetics.

> > And yep, this challenges designed to do them weekly, so no problem if they are done in no time, next week there will be different rewards

> >

>

> Answer me this please. TD works as intended as it was designed, why change something that works? Why even touch it?

> Give me one good reason.

Because if you can make something more fun, more game-like why won't you try?

I'm pretty sure it sucks to farm one item day after day and never getting it.

And even not knowing when you get it, knowing that it is nothing you can do about it.

It is not skill, it is just pure gambling aspect of human biology.

> @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > > > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > > > > @"Cherdakuru.5841" said:

> > > > > > Challenges > RNG

> > > > > > Change my mind

> > > > > Not everyone is up to the challenge and as this game caters mostly to casuals, catering to challenge seekers will kill this game. That's why I feel for this game your proposition fails. Having said that there is more than challenge and RNG. There is also grind or repetition that is not based on RNG like this game has plenty of already. The solution may lie in having people work for it rather than it being subject to RNG.

> > > > >

> > > > > I'm not a big fan of RNG in general because it's not about challenge and it's not about working towards a goal but just being lucky. There is a saying that goes like this: _stupidity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results_

> > > > >

> > > > > My view is that RNG is closely related to this saying. Make of that what you will.

> > > > >

> > > > I think casuals will be happy to have different rewards every week (they can be still based on rng but with much higher chances)

> > > > And challenges that involve common actions are not so hard either

> > > > And if we put super rare items behind super hard content i think for casual it is the same as what they are doing now, in terms that they won't get it for long

> > > > But if we put it behind super hard content wall, at least they will know that they can guranteed get that one day

> > >

> > > I think this is just about what you want the way you want it. If you put things behind a "super hard content wall" it will only be achieved by the super few. That's not a sensible thing to do.

> > > Besides, I don't think that you are suggesting putting super rare items behind a "super hard content wall" because that will automatically mean they will never get it. I can see how it serves your purposes but I have no reason to believe it serves the greater community.

> > >

> >

> > Please say how many people have Chak Egg Sac right now?

> > I think having <1% chance to get the thing is more then an argument to people not having the item.

> > Actually i'm pretty sure more people can get those super rare items if you put it behind the VERY HARD wall.

> > That also means that the price will drop eventually, and those that can't complete it at least will be able to buy it.

> >

> >

>

> You're sure, I'm not. So why would you be more right than me?

>

> Besides, have you ever considered that ArenaNet actually wants some super rare items in the game and that making it more readily available would be contrary to their goals?

I made some research and i have an experience in different games, that's probably why?

They do it only so players keep playing their game because of illusionary chance to get that item.

If i wanted to play lottery i would buy it in the nearest shop, and still it would be better then spending months on that super-rare item.

Even financially.

> > @"phs.6089" said:

> > > > > > @"phs.6089" said:

> > > > > > that is the only thing that keeps TD meta alive for 3 years, the hope for chack egg sac drop. Why would they make it into another Serpent Ire?

> > > > > How is anything that i suggest is close to the Serpent Ire?

> > > > > And if only thing that keeps TD meta alive is chag egg sac drop then it MUST be reworked.

> > > >

> > > > People will get those achievements in no time, sac will drop in price to almost nothing, TD meta will become abandoned as not profitable just like Serpent Ire.

> > > >

> > > > Raiders that are forced to ger chack eggs for Envoy will be forced to run it just by themselves. Prolly will make a meta build and ask for kill proof to join TD meta ;)

> > >

> > > Then they need to make challenge rewards worthy. Like they can drop things for the legendary weapon crafting. Or unique cosmetics.

> > > And yep, this challenges designed to do them weekly, so no problem if they are done in no time, next week there will be different rewards

> > >

> >

> > Answer me this please. TD works as intended as it was designed, why change something that works? Why even touch it?

> > Give me one good reason.

>

> Because if you can make something more fun, more game-like why won't you try?

> I'm pretty sure it sucks to farm one item day after day and never getting it.

> And even not knowing when you get it, knowing that it is nothing you can do about it.

> It is not skill, it is just pure gambling aspect of human biology.

sac doesn't make game fun or unfun. It's just a luxory item. You tired of gambling for it? Don't.

> > > > > > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > > > > > @"Cherdakuru.5841" said:

> > > > > > > Challenges > RNG

> > > > > > > Change my mind

> > > > > > Not everyone is up to the challenge and as this game caters mostly to casuals, catering to challenge seekers will kill this game. That's why I feel for this game your proposition fails. Having said that there is more than challenge and RNG. There is also grind or repetition that is not based on RNG like this game has plenty of already. The solution may lie in having people work for it rather than it being subject to RNG.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I'm not a big fan of RNG in general because it's not about challenge and it's not about working towards a goal but just being lucky. There is a saying that goes like this: _stupidity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results_

> > > > > >

> > > > > > My view is that RNG is closely related to this saying. Make of that what you will.

> > > > > >

> > > > > I think casuals will be happy to have different rewards every week (they can be still based on rng but with much higher chances)

> > > > > And challenges that involve common actions are not so hard either

> > > > > And if we put super rare items behind super hard content i think for casual it is the same as what they are doing now, in terms that they won't get it for long

> > > > > But if we put it behind super hard content wall, at least they will know that they can guranteed get that one day

> > > >

> > > > I think this is just about what you want the way you want it. If you put things behind a "super hard content wall" it will only be achieved by the super few. That's not a sensible thing to do.

> > > > Besides, I don't think that you are suggesting putting super rare items behind a "super hard content wall" because that will automatically mean they will never get it. I can see how it serves your purposes but I have no reason to believe it serves the greater community.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Please say how many people have Chak Egg Sac right now?

> > > I think having <1% chance to get the thing is more then an argument to people not having the item.

> > > Actually i'm pretty sure more people can get those super rare items if you put it behind the VERY HARD wall.

> > > That also means that the price will drop eventually, and those that can't complete it at least will be able to buy it.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > You're sure, I'm not. So why would you be more right than me?

> >

> > Besides, have you ever considered that ArenaNet actually wants some super rare items in the game and that making it more readily available would be contrary to their goals?

>

> I made some research and i have an experience in different games, that's probably why?

I also have experience in different games and have done research as well. However, I have not seen enough facts to support that this would be a good idea.

> They do it only so players keep playing their game because of illusionary chance to get that item.

A small chance is not an illusory chance. Extremely unlikely sure, but it's not an illusion because there is an actual chance and some people have been lucky, but yes this why they do it, so it meets their goal of keeping certain people playing (not everybody cares enough about chac eggs after all). And that's my point.. it serves a purpose. This is not your purpose but running a game isn't about individual needs but group needs and overall goals.

> If i wanted to play lottery i would buy it in the nearest shop, and still it would be better then spending months on that super-rare item.

> Even financially.

Well playing the lottery probably has a smaller chance of winning and it costs money every time you participate. The interesting thing though is that you say playing the lottery is better, even financially and yet you play GW2 and not the lottery. Something is not adding up here...

> @"phs.6089" said:

> > > @"phs.6089" said:

> > > > > @"phs.6089" said:

> > > > > > > @"phs.6089" said:

> > > > > > > that is the only thing that keeps TD meta alive for 3 years, the hope for chack egg sac drop. Why would they make it into another Serpent Ire?

> > > > > > How is anything that i suggest is close to the Serpent Ire?

> > > > > > And if only thing that keeps TD meta alive is chag egg sac drop then it MUST be reworked.

> > > > >

> > > > > People will get those achievements in no time, sac will drop in price to almost nothing, TD meta will become abandoned as not profitable just like Serpent Ire.

> > > > >

> > > > > Raiders that are forced to ger chack eggs for Envoy will be forced to run it just by themselves. Prolly will make a meta build and ask for kill proof to join TD meta ;)

> > > >

> > > > Then they need to make challenge rewards worthy. Like they can drop things for the legendary weapon crafting. Or unique cosmetics.

> > > > And yep, this challenges designed to do them weekly, so no problem if they are done in no time, next week there will be different rewards

> > > >

> > >

> > > Answer me this please. TD works as intended as it was designed, why change something that works? Why even touch it?

> > > Give me one good reason.

> >

> > Because if you can make something more fun, more game-like why won't you try?

> > I'm pretty sure it sucks to farm one item day after day and never getting it.

> > And even not knowing when you get it, knowing that it is nothing you can do about it.

> > It is not skill, it is just pure gambling aspect of human biology.

>

> sac doesn't make game fun or unfun. It's just a luxory item. You tired of gambling for it? Don't.

Not the Egg Sac directly, but the method of acquiring it. It would still be deluxe if it is behind the hardcore wall if you are somehow bothered about it.

> > @"phs.6089" said:

> > > > > > @"phs.6089" said:

> > > > > > > > @"phs.6089" said:

> > > > > > > > that is the only thing that keeps TD meta alive for 3 years, the hope for chack egg sac drop. Why would they make it into another Serpent Ire?

> > > > > > > How is anything that i suggest is close to the Serpent Ire?

> > > > > > > And if only thing that keeps TD meta alive is chag egg sac drop then it MUST be reworked.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > People will get those achievements in no time, sac will drop in price to almost nothing, TD meta will become abandoned as not profitable just like Serpent Ire.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Raiders that are forced to ger chack eggs for Envoy will be forced to run it just by themselves. Prolly will make a meta build and ask for kill proof to join TD meta ;)

> > > > >

> > > > > Then they need to make challenge rewards worthy. Like they can drop things for the legendary weapon crafting. Or unique cosmetics.

> > > > > And yep, this challenges designed to do them weekly, so no problem if they are done in no time, next week there will be different rewards

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Answer me this please. TD works as intended as it was designed, why change something that works? Why even touch it?

> > > > Give me one good reason.

> > >

> > > Because if you can make something more fun, more game-like why won't you try?

> > > I'm pretty sure it sucks to farm one item day after day and never getting it.

> > > And even not knowing when you get it, knowing that it is nothing you can do about it.

> > > It is not skill, it is just pure gambling aspect of human biology.

> >

> > sac doesn't make game fun or unfun. It's just a luxory item. You tired of gambling for it? Don't.

>

> Not the Egg Sac directly, but the method of acquiring it. It would still be deluxe if it is behind the hardcore wall if you are somehow bothered about it.

It is what it is. RNG drop, proven by years method to keep players busy. It's a bonus drop, you get your fun in meta (if you do) , you get the loot, reward.

Meta was never about 'acquiring sack'. Meta works, players do it and hope for bonus. This takes us to my previous question, Why change it?

> @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > > > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > > > > > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Cherdakuru.5841" said:

> > > > > > > > Challenges > RNG

> > > > > > > > Change my mind

> > > > > > > Not everyone is up to the challenge and as this game caters mostly to casuals, catering to challenge seekers will kill this game. That's why I feel for this game your proposition fails. Having said that there is more than challenge and RNG. There is also grind or repetition that is not based on RNG like this game has plenty of already. The solution may lie in having people work for it rather than it being subject to RNG.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I'm not a big fan of RNG in general because it's not about challenge and it's not about working towards a goal but just being lucky. There is a saying that goes like this: _stupidity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results_

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > My view is that RNG is closely related to this saying. Make of that what you will.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > I think casuals will be happy to have different rewards every week (they can be still based on rng but with much higher chances)

> > > > > > And challenges that involve common actions are not so hard either

> > > > > > And if we put super rare items behind super hard content i think for casual it is the same as what they are doing now, in terms that they won't get it for long

> > > > > > But if we put it behind super hard content wall, at least they will know that they can guranteed get that one day

> > > > >

> > > > > I think this is just about what you want the way you want it. If you put things behind a "super hard content wall" it will only be achieved by the super few. That's not a sensible thing to do.

> > > > > Besides, I don't think that you are suggesting putting super rare items behind a "super hard content wall" because that will automatically mean they will never get it. I can see how it serves your purposes but I have no reason to believe it serves the greater community.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Please say how many people have Chak Egg Sac right now?

> > > > I think having <1% chance to get the thing is more then an argument to people not having the item.

> > > > Actually i'm pretty sure more people can get those super rare items if you put it behind the VERY HARD wall.

> > > > That also means that the price will drop eventually, and those that can't complete it at least will be able to buy it.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > You're sure, I'm not. So why would you be more right than me?

> > >

> > > Besides, have you ever considered that ArenaNet actually wants some super rare items in the game and that making it more readily available would be contrary to their goals?

> >

> > I made some research and i have an experience in different games, that's probably why?

> I also have experience in different games and have done research as well. However, I have not seen enough facts to support that this would be a good idea.

> > They do it only so players keep playing their game because of illusionary chance to get that item.

> A small chance is not an illusory chance. Extremely unlikely sure, but it's not an illusion because there is an actual chance and some people have been lucky, but yes this why they do it, so it meets their goal of keeping certain people playing (not everybody cares enough about chac eggs after all). And that's my point.. it serves a purpose. This is not your purpose but running a game isn't about individual needs but group needs and overall goals.

> > If i wanted to play lottery i would buy it in the nearest shop, and still it would be better then spending months on that super-rare item.

> > Even financially.

> Well playing the lottery probably has a smaller chance of winning and it costs money every time you participate. The interesting thing though is that you say playing the lottery is better, even financially and yet you play GW2 and not the lottery. Something is not adding up here...

>

>

I'm not playing GW2 anymore actually. Because of those reasons and because there are already games on the market that do it right. But i don't want GW2 to die.

I still don't see how replacing 1 super rare reward with different not-so-rare rewards on weekly basis will somehow kill that game. I see more options here, why do you think it is bad?

> > > > > > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Cherdakuru.5841" said:

> > > > > > > > > Challenges > RNG

> > > > > > > > > Change my mind

> > > > > > > > Not everyone is up to the challenge and as this game caters mostly to casuals, catering to challenge seekers will kill this game. That's why I feel for this game your proposition fails. Having said that there is more than challenge and RNG. There is also grind or repetition that is not based on RNG like this game has plenty of already. The solution may lie in having people work for it rather than it being subject to RNG.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I'm not a big fan of RNG in general because it's not about challenge and it's not about working towards a goal but just being lucky. There is a saying that goes like this: _stupidity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results_

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > My view is that RNG is closely related to this saying. Make of that what you will.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I think casuals will be happy to have different rewards every week (they can be still based on rng but with much higher chances)

> > > > > > > And challenges that involve common actions are not so hard either

> > > > > > > And if we put super rare items behind super hard content i think for casual it is the same as what they are doing now, in terms that they won't get it for long

> > > > > > > But if we put it behind super hard content wall, at least they will know that they can guranteed get that one day

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I think this is just about what you want the way you want it. If you put things behind a "super hard content wall" it will only be achieved by the super few. That's not a sensible thing to do.

> > > > > > Besides, I don't think that you are suggesting putting super rare items behind a "super hard content wall" because that will automatically mean they will never get it. I can see how it serves your purposes but I have no reason to believe it serves the greater community.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Please say how many people have Chak Egg Sac right now?

> > > > > I think having <1% chance to get the thing is more then an argument to people not having the item.

> > > > > Actually i'm pretty sure more people can get those super rare items if you put it behind the VERY HARD wall.

> > > > > That also means that the price will drop eventually, and those that can't complete it at least will be able to buy it.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > You're sure, I'm not. So why would you be more right than me?

> > > >

> > > > Besides, have you ever considered that ArenaNet actually wants some super rare items in the game and that making it more readily available would be contrary to their goals?

> > >

> > > I made some research and i have an experience in different games, that's probably why?

> > I also have experience in different games and have done research as well. However, I have not seen enough facts to support that this would be a good idea.

> > > They do it only so players keep playing their game because of illusionary chance to get that item.

> > A small chance is not an illusory chance. Extremely unlikely sure, but it's not an illusion because there is an actual chance and some people have been lucky, but yes this why they do it, so it meets their goal of keeping certain people playing (not everybody cares enough about chac eggs after all). And that's my point.. it serves a purpose. This is not your purpose but running a game isn't about individual needs but group needs and overall goals.

> > > If i wanted to play lottery i would buy it in the nearest shop, and still it would be better then spending months on that super-rare item.

> > > Even financially.

> > Well playing the lottery probably has a smaller chance of winning and it costs money every time you participate. The interesting thing though is that you say playing the lottery is better, even financially and yet you play GW2 and not the lottery. Something is not adding up here...

> >

> >

>

> I'm not playing GW2 anymore actually. Because of those reasons and because there are already games on the market that do it right. But i don't want GW2 to die.

Alright, that's fair enough. That explains that part to me.

> I still don't see how replacing 1 super rare reward with different not-so-rare rewards on weekly basis will somehow kill that game. I see more options here, why do you think it is bad?

Now don't start exaggerating. I never said it would kill the game. What I am saying is that doing this will serve a smaller purpose than the one it's serving now. So I do not see why ArenaNet would be interested in making the changes you suggest. Because what you gain will be a loss to others and that only makes sense if more people win than there would be people who lose out. I'm sure that the people who did get it so far would be ticked off when this item would become more reliable to acquire and I also suspect that players that aren't so skilled that have been killing the chak gerent many times in the hopes of getting this drop will also be ticked off.