Teq defense positions in NA server

i just learnt something today, which is what the north and south boat and hill positions refer to.

why is it even arranged that way? to be exact, i'm referring to the naming convention.

why not just have the eastern side be referred to as the hills (north and south), and the western side be referred to as the boats (north and south)???

There are bigass boats on the western side, and the eastern side as a whole hill. Isn't it neater that way?

how on earth are those little bumps in the ground hills?

> @"casualkenny.9817" said:

> i just learnt something today, which is what the north and south boat and hill positions refer to.

>

> why is it even arranged that way? to be exact, i'm referring to the naming convention.

>

> why not just have the eastern side be referred to as the hills (north and south), and the western side be referred to as the boats (north and south)???

>

> There are kitten boats on the western side, and the eastern side as a whole hill. Isn't it neater that way?

>

> how on earth are those little bumps in the ground hills?

I see no one responded to you...

Simply put that is the way it is on the NA side. No reason to change it now as everyone is aware of those definitions already and it would only cause infighting in the map with people calling something else out and others correcting them that cannot seemingly help themselves.

It works fine as it is there is no reason logically to change it just because you find it more pleasing.

By the way, what defines a "hill"?

I like this definition personally as it uses your wording as well:

`A hill is a piece of land that rises higher than everything surrounding it. **It looks like a little bump in the Earth**. Since they are higher than everything around them, hills are good places to get a nice view.

Hills are easier to climb than mountains. They are less steep and not as high. But, like a mountain, a hill will usually have an obvious summit, which is its highest point.

According to the U.S. Geological Survey, there is no official difference between hills and mountains. The United Kingdom and the United States used to define hills as summits less than 1,000 feet. However, both countries abandoned the distinction in the mid-twentieth century.`

The hills there might not match this definition but they are referred to as "hills" none the less. We could start calling them mountains instead :)

https://www.nationalgeographic.org/encyclopedia/hill/