FPS consistently fluctuates between 20 and 40.. GTX 1060

Sora.8410

I found a rather useful youtube vid relating to nvidia gtx 1050.. also relevant for 1060+.. I was getting similar issues with my 1060 and this seems of solved it.. I get a pretty solid 60FPS now and at worse 45+ in heavy particle areas and where I need to drop char limit down to low

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBimAyVCLCI.. take a look .. might help.

I have suspected WIN10 to be a problem for a whiles now, since the 60 down to 30 FPS issue around windowed fullscreen and fullscreen refresh.. might help, I know it has for me and a few others... though my CPU isn't seeing anything like the bottlenecking yours appears to :(

> @"iAntigone.2097" said:

> I'm running a AMD FX-8320 processor on a Asus TUF Sabertooth 990FX R3 motherboard and using a EVGA GTX 1060 SSC 6gb. While playing my processor hangs around 38 celsius and if you convert that to fahrenheit would be 100.4 My processor don't throttle at all and can reach it's turbo speed of 4 GHz while playing.

>

> The specifications for the AMD FX-8320 posted by AMD says the max temp is 61.1 celsius and that would convert to 141.98 fahrenheit. I hardly think their CPU is being throttled cause of CPU over heating.

>

> At one time I was using the MSI 970 Gaming Motherboard with my AMD FX-8320. I'm talking about this one here https://www.amazon.com/MSI-GAMING-DDR3-2133-Motherboard/dp/B00LUY72F6

>

> One day while playing games I noticed my computer was not running right and noticed the CPU was being throttled to 1399.61MHz no matter what I did. I knew for a fact the CPU was not over heating issue and I never overclock processors.

>

> At that point I opened up the computer and seen this wet/stickyness substance around the VRM. It turned out the choice of thermal pad MSI used on the VRM's must been silicon based. Even though I never overclocked the processor the VRM's must have got warm enough to cause the silicon in the thermal pad to leak on the motherboard.

>

> I then done some research and found it's a common problem with the MSI 970 Gaming Motherboard. Even through I still had 3 month's left on the motherboard warranty I decided not to do a RMA. Cause I knew the replacement would do the very same thing at some point so I ended up getting a super nice deal on the Asus TUF Sabertooth 990FX R3.

>

> Once I installed the Asus TUF Sabertooth 990FX R3 the CPU trottle issue was gone.

>

>

>

To OP, unless you find something in the bios (especially check things like C1E State), this could very well be some hardware issue like posted above.

> @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> I found a rather useful youtube vid relating to nvidia gtx 1050.. also relevant for 1060+.. I was getting similar issues with my 1060 and this seems of solved it.. I get a pretty solid 60FPS now and at worse 45+ in heavy particle areas and where I need to drop char limit down to low

>

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBimAyVCLCI.. take a look .. might help.

> I have suspected WIN10 to be a problem for a whiles now, since the 60 down to 30 FPS issue around windowed fullscreen and fullscreen refresh.. might help, I know it has for me and a few others... though my CPU isn't seeing anything like the bottlenecking yours appears to :(

The one problem with that is that this game is more dependent on single core CPU performance than GPU. That video is for fixing frame drops in more GPU-driven games.

> @"Kanok.3027" said:

> > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > I found a rather useful youtube vid relating to nvidia gtx 1050.. also relevant for 1060+.. I was getting similar issues with my 1060 and this seems of solved it.. I get a pretty solid 60FPS now and at worse 45+ in heavy particle areas and where I need to drop char limit down to low

> >

> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBimAyVCLCI.. take a look .. might help.

> > I have suspected WIN10 to be a problem for a whiles now, since the 60 down to 30 FPS issue around windowed fullscreen and fullscreen refresh.. might help, I know it has for me and a few others... though my CPU isn't seeing anything like the bottlenecking yours appears to :(

>

> The one problem with that is that this game is more dependent on single core CPU performance than GPU. That video is for fixing frame drops in more GPU-driven games.

As I said.. it may help, not that it was guaranteed to help, especially as the OP is seeing CPU bottlenecking.. and yes GW2 is single core and looks like the OP's system is struggling because of it. I merely said some of the tweaks might help nudge some FPS gain, I already agreed the OP has some issues with his hardware to maybe overcome as CPU bottlenecking is the Op's first and foremost issue imo.