What gear for fractal HEAL(not dps) rev?

Durante.7281

Im planning on making a heal herald specificly for PUG cm's+t4, but are wondering what type of gear im gonna get. this is for a comp with 2dps,1bs,1dps quickbrand and then the herald healer. From what i understand herald is able to give more boons then renegade?(not sure but comparing from snowcrows builds).

**Should i go full Harrier or full Minstrel**

Harrier is standard but since its for pugging (where its nice to have 1 dedicated heal) I doubt im going to do much dmg anyway. So I was thinking Minstrel would be better since it gives thoughness(7% convert to healingpower), and vit to be more tanky and with the Hardened Foundation trait + more base stat a LOT more healing power. Boon duration should still be an easy 100% inside fracs with the extra buffs.

Edit: i just learned that Renegade will have better alec+might so the question stands: harrier or minstrel for PUG cm's+t4. Will the extra dps be worth the wipes you could have saved...

> @"Durante.7281" said:

> Im planning on making a heal herald specificly for PUG cm's+t4, but are wondering what type of gear im gonna get. this is for a comp with 2dps,1bs,1dps quickbrand and then the herald healer. From what i understand herald is able to give more boons then renegade?(not sure but comparing from snowcrows builds).

>

> **Should i go full Harrier or full Minstrel**

>

> Harrier is standard but since its for pugging (where its nice to have 1 dedicated heal) I doubt im going to do much dmg anyway. So I was thinking Minstrel would be better since it gives thoughness(7% convert to healingpower), and vit to be more tanky and with the Hardened Foundation trait + more base stat a LOT more healing power. Boon duration should still be an easy 100% inside fracs with the extra buffs.

>

> Edit: i just learned that Renegade will have better alec+might so the question stands: harrier or minstrel for PUG cm's+t4. Will the extra dps be worth the wipes you could have saved...

You need to play Renegade for alacrity, which is the entire point of what you're trying to do. I mean, in theory you can keep alacrity up with 100% boon duration and natural harmony, but in actual practice you won't be able to... Also, you'll have a huge problem finding group.

For your stat choice, really you're going to want to be Zerker/Diviners... But since you want to be a healer, it doesn't really matter--your dps will be garbo anyways. I also can't stress how unpopular of a direction this will be, especially after tomorrow's patch, so I dunno if it's worth doing. But if you really, really want to, the answer is Harriers + as much Minstrels as you need to not die.

> @"narcx.3570" said:

> > @"Durante.7281" said:

> > Im planning on making a heal herald specificly for PUG cm's+t4, but are wondering what type of gear im gonna get. this is for a comp with 2dps,1bs,1dps quickbrand and then the herald healer. From what i understand herald is able to give more boons then renegade?(not sure but comparing from snowcrows builds).

> >

> > **Should i go full Harrier or full Minstrel**

> >

> > Harrier is standard but since its for pugging (where its nice to have 1 dedicated heal) I doubt im going to do much dmg anyway. So I was thinking Minstrel would be better since it gives thoughness(7% convert to healingpower), and vit to be more tanky and with the Hardened Foundation trait + more base stat a LOT more healing power. Boon duration should still be an easy 100% inside fracs with the extra buffs.

> >

> > Edit: i just learned that Renegade will have better alec+might so the question stands: harrier or minstrel for PUG cm's+t4. Will the extra dps be worth the wipes you could have saved...

>

> You need to play Renegade for alacrity, which is the entire point of what you're trying to do. I mean, in theory you can keep alacrity up with 100% boon duration and natural harmony, but in actual practice you won't be able to... Also, you'll have a huge problem finding group.

>

> For your stat choice, really you're going to want to be Zerker/Diviners... But since you want to be a healer, it doesn't really matter--your dps will be garbo anyways. I also can't stress how unpopular of a direction this will be, especially after tomorrow's patch, so I dunno if it's worth doing. But if you really, really want to, the answer is Harriers + as much Minstrels as you need to not die.

Well I guess im just confident that DPSquickbrand+heal renegade is gonna triumph heal fb+dps/alec renegade

> @"Durante.7281" said:

> > @"narcx.3570" said:

> > > @"Durante.7281" said:

> > > Im planning on making a heal herald specificly for PUG cm's+t4, but are wondering what type of gear im gonna get. this is for a comp with 2dps,1bs,1dps quickbrand and then the herald healer. From what i understand herald is able to give more boons then renegade?(not sure but comparing from snowcrows builds).

> > >

> > > **Should i go full Harrier or full Minstrel**

> > >

> > > Harrier is standard but since its for pugging (where its nice to have 1 dedicated heal) I doubt im going to do much dmg anyway. So I was thinking Minstrel would be better since it gives thoughness(7% convert to healingpower), and vit to be more tanky and with the Hardened Foundation trait + more base stat a LOT more healing power. Boon duration should still be an easy 100% inside fracs with the extra buffs.

> > >

> > > Edit: i just learned that Renegade will have better alec+might so the question stands: harrier or minstrel for PUG cm's+t4. Will the extra dps be worth the wipes you could have saved...

> >

> > You need to play Renegade for alacrity, which is the entire point of what you're trying to do. I mean, in theory you can keep alacrity up with 100% boon duration and natural harmony, but in actual practice you won't be able to... Also, you'll have a huge problem finding group.

> >

> > For your stat choice, really you're going to want to be Zerker/Diviners... But since you want to be a healer, it doesn't really matter--your dps will be garbo anyways. I also can't stress how unpopular of a direction this will be, especially after tomorrow's patch, so I dunno if it's worth doing. But if you really, really want to, the answer is Harriers + as much Minstrels as you need to not die.

>

> Well I guess im just confident that DPSquickbrand+heal renegade is gonna triumph heal fb+dps/alec renegade

When you run that set up, the Renegade is technically the healer, but you only use Soulcleave to keep the group topped off, and don't run any healing power since it's not needed for life steal scaling.

> @"narcx.3570" said:

> > @"Durante.7281" said:

> > > @"narcx.3570" said:

> > > > @"Durante.7281" said:

> > > > Im planning on making a heal herald specificly for PUG cm's+t4, but are wondering what type of gear im gonna get. this is for a comp with 2dps,1bs,1dps quickbrand and then the herald healer. From what i understand herald is able to give more boons then renegade?(not sure but comparing from snowcrows builds).

> > > >

> > > > **Should i go full Harrier or full Minstrel**

> > > >

> > > > Harrier is standard but since its for pugging (where its nice to have 1 dedicated heal) I doubt im going to do much dmg anyway. So I was thinking Minstrel would be better since it gives thoughness(7% convert to healingpower), and vit to be more tanky and with the Hardened Foundation trait + more base stat a LOT more healing power. Boon duration should still be an easy 100% inside fracs with the extra buffs.

> > > >

> > > > Edit: i just learned that Renegade will have better alec+might so the question stands: harrier or minstrel for PUG cm's+t4. Will the extra dps be worth the wipes you could have saved...

> > >

> > > You need to play Renegade for alacrity, which is the entire point of what you're trying to do. I mean, in theory you can keep alacrity up with 100% boon duration and natural harmony, but in actual practice you won't be able to... Also, you'll have a huge problem finding group.

> > >

> > > For your stat choice, really you're going to want to be Zerker/Diviners... But since you want to be a healer, it doesn't really matter--your dps will be garbo anyways. I also can't stress how unpopular of a direction this will be, especially after tomorrow's patch, so I dunno if it's worth doing. But if you really, really want to, the answer is Harriers + as much Minstrels as you need to not die.

> >

> > Well I guess im just confident that DPSquickbrand+heal renegade is gonna triumph heal fb+dps/alec renegade

>

> When you run that set up, the Renegade is technically the healer, but you only use Soulcleave to keep the group topped off, and don't run any healing power since it's not needed for life steal scaling.

Is it not? Is wiki wrong? https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Soulcleave%27s_Summit

While we are on this, which weapon set would be the most useful to break bars, as damage in harrier is not high, I think would be best to have the best CC you can bring.

Keep in mind that Harrier's is basically Clerics minus Toughness plus Boon Duration, its glass and the DPS isn't that far above Ministrels and you lose alot of staying power, I mean its okay in something like a raid where people can help keep you alive while you heal, but if you're trying to pug fractals, you're better of either just going full DPS or full support, depending on how you want to play.

The key to playing this game is to know when to make your tradeoffs, and going glass support in pugs isn't it.

> @"Hannelore.8153" said:

> Keep in mind that Harrier's is basically Clerics minus Toughness plus Boon Duration, its glass and the DPS isn't that far above Ministrels and you lose alot of staying power, I mean its okay in something like a raid where people can help keep you alive while you heal, but if you're trying to pug fractals, you're better of either just going full DPS or full support, depending on how you want to play.

>

> The key to playing this game is to know when to make your tradeoffs, and going glass support in pugs isn't it.

Renes are perfect in pug fractals. Most of them use 2 Ministrel rings, couple of new guys trying out also had Ministrel amulet, for durability, while they learn. Other then that

It's a really nice healing support class.

And bauble on tablet skips nasty projectiles such as 'fresh air' in underground, harpyes in uncategorised, poison bolts from old Tom, trash eles and mesmers in TO etc.

> @"phs.6089" said:

> > @"narcx.3570" said:

> > > @"Durante.7281" said:

> > > > @"narcx.3570" said:

> > > > > @"Durante.7281" said:

> > > > > Im planning on making a heal herald specificly for PUG cm's+t4, but are wondering what type of gear im gonna get. this is for a comp with 2dps,1bs,1dps quickbrand and then the herald healer. From what i understand herald is able to give more boons then renegade?(not sure but comparing from snowcrows builds).

> > > > >

> > > > > **Should i go full Harrier or full Minstrel**

> > > > >

> > > > > Harrier is standard but since its for pugging (where its nice to have 1 dedicated heal) I doubt im going to do much dmg anyway. So I was thinking Minstrel would be better since it gives thoughness(7% convert to healingpower), and vit to be more tanky and with the Hardened Foundation trait + more base stat a LOT more healing power. Boon duration should still be an easy 100% inside fracs with the extra buffs.

> > > > >

> > > > > Edit: i just learned that Renegade will have better alec+might so the question stands: harrier or minstrel for PUG cm's+t4. Will the extra dps be worth the wipes you could have saved...

> > > >

> > > > You need to play Renegade for alacrity, which is the entire point of what you're trying to do. I mean, in theory you can keep alacrity up with 100% boon duration and natural harmony, but in actual practice you won't be able to... Also, you'll have a huge problem finding group.

> > > >

> > > > For your stat choice, really you're going to want to be Zerker/Diviners... But since you want to be a healer, it doesn't really matter--your dps will be garbo anyways. I also can't stress how unpopular of a direction this will be, especially after tomorrow's patch, so I dunno if it's worth doing. But if you really, really want to, the answer is Harriers + as much Minstrels as you need to not die.

> > >

> > > Well I guess im just confident that DPSquickbrand+heal renegade is gonna triumph heal fb+dps/alec renegade

> >

> > When you run that set up, the Renegade is technically the healer, but you only use Soulcleave to keep the group topped off, and don't run any healing power since it's not needed for life steal scaling.

>

> Is it not? Is wiki wrong? https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Soulcleave%27s_Summit

>

> While we are on this, which weapon set would be the most useful to break bars, as damage in harrier is not high, I think would be best to have the best CC you can bring.

It scales, but you don't need it to because there's no internal cooldown on it's activation and meta dps builds will be triggering it ~5-15+ times a second which keeps them topped off during the burst-to-phase. If your dps is terrible and you're not phasing the boss, obviously speed run strategies like this won't work and you're better off playing a full heal-support build. But if you're not using speed run strats, you're probably better off just playing something like minstrel/magi Druid since you can do a lot more at once (cc/heal/boonspam/insta rez/spirit support/projectile deny) and are basically immortal with all that toughness/vitality. Full support Ren can somewhat carry a bad group, but not in the same way you can with druid, which just provides so much more and has a lot more multitasking power.

> @"narcx.3570" said:

> > @"phs.6089" said:

> > > > @"Durante.7281" said:

> > > > > @"narcx.3570" said:

> > > > > > @"Durante.7281" said:

> > > > > > Im planning on making a heal herald specificly for PUG cm's+t4, but are wondering what type of gear im gonna get. this is for a comp with 2dps,1bs,1dps quickbrand and then the herald healer. From what i understand herald is able to give more boons then renegade?(not sure but comparing from snowcrows builds).

> > > > > >

> > > > > > **Should i go full Harrier or full Minstrel**

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Harrier is standard but since its for pugging (where its nice to have 1 dedicated heal) I doubt im going to do much dmg anyway. So I was thinking Minstrel would be better since it gives thoughness(7% convert to healingpower), and vit to be more tanky and with the Hardened Foundation trait + more base stat a LOT more healing power. Boon duration should still be an easy 100% inside fracs with the extra buffs.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Edit: i just learned that Renegade will have better alec+might so the question stands: harrier or minstrel for PUG cm's+t4. Will the extra dps be worth the wipes you could have saved...

> > > > >

> > > > > You need to play Renegade for alacrity, which is the entire point of what you're trying to do. I mean, in theory you can keep alacrity up with 100% boon duration and natural harmony, but in actual practice you won't be able to... Also, you'll have a huge problem finding group.

> > > > >

> > > > > For your stat choice, really you're going to want to be Zerker/Diviners... But since you want to be a healer, it doesn't really matter--your dps will be garbo anyways. I also can't stress how unpopular of a direction this will be, especially after tomorrow's patch, so I dunno if it's worth doing. But if you really, really want to, the answer is Harriers + as much Minstrels as you need to not die.

> > > >

> > > > Well I guess im just confident that DPSquickbrand+heal renegade is gonna triumph heal fb+dps/alec renegade

> > >

> > > When you run that set up, the Renegade is technically the healer, but you only use Soulcleave to keep the group topped off, and don't run any healing power since it's not needed for life steal scaling.

> >

> > Is it not? Is wiki wrong? https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Soulcleave%27s_Summit

> >

> > While we are on this, which weapon set would be the most useful to break bars, as damage in harrier is not high, I think would be best to have the best CC you can bring.

>

> It scales, but you don't need it to because there's no internal cooldown on it's activation and meta dps builds will be triggering it ~5-15+ times a second which keeps them topped off during the burst-to-phase. If your dps is terrible and you're not phasing the boss, obviously speed run strategies like this won't work and you're better off playing a full heal-support build. But if you're not using speed run strats, you're probably better off just playing something like minstrel/magi Druid since you can do a lot more at once (cc/heal/boonspam/insta rez/spirit support/projectile deny) and are basically immortal with all that toughness/vitality. Full support Ren can somewhat carry a bad group, but not in the same way you can with druid, which just provides so much more and has a lot more multitasking power.

I'll play rene,ty, sick of druid.

There isn't anything druid can do atm that rene can't in fractals. Plus Rene can spam alacrity. That insta res with 3 minutes cd is not worth the deal.

> @"phs.6089" said:

> > @"narcx.3570" said:

> > > @"phs.6089" said:

> > > > @"narcx.3570" said:

> > > > > @"Durante.7281" said:

> > > > > > @"narcx.3570" said:

> > > > > > > @"Durante.7281" said:

> > > > > > > Im planning on making a heal herald specificly for PUG cm's+t4, but are wondering what type of gear im gonna get. this is for a comp with 2dps,1bs,1dps quickbrand and then the herald healer. From what i understand herald is able to give more boons then renegade?(not sure but comparing from snowcrows builds).

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > **Should i go full Harrier or full Minstrel**

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Harrier is standard but since its for pugging (where its nice to have 1 dedicated heal) I doubt im going to do much dmg anyway. So I was thinking Minstrel would be better since it gives thoughness(7% convert to healingpower), and vit to be more tanky and with the Hardened Foundation trait + more base stat a LOT more healing power. Boon duration should still be an easy 100% inside fracs with the extra buffs.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Edit: i just learned that Renegade will have better alec+might so the question stands: harrier or minstrel for PUG cm's+t4. Will the extra dps be worth the wipes you could have saved...

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You need to play Renegade for alacrity, which is the entire point of what you're trying to do. I mean, in theory you can keep alacrity up with 100% boon duration and natural harmony, but in actual practice you won't be able to... Also, you'll have a huge problem finding group.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > For your stat choice, really you're going to want to be Zerker/Diviners... But since you want to be a healer, it doesn't really matter--your dps will be garbo anyways. I also can't stress how unpopular of a direction this will be, especially after tomorrow's patch, so I dunno if it's worth doing. But if you really, really want to, the answer is Harriers + as much Minstrels as you need to not die.

> > > > >

> > > > > Well I guess im just confident that DPSquickbrand+heal renegade is gonna triumph heal fb+dps/alec renegade

> > > >

> > > > When you run that set up, the Renegade is technically the healer, but you only use Soulcleave to keep the group topped off, and don't run any healing power since it's not needed for life steal scaling.

> > >

> > > Is it not? Is wiki wrong? https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Soulcleave%27s_Summit

> > >

> > > While we are on this, which weapon set would be the most useful to break bars, as damage in harrier is not high, I think would be best to have the best CC you can bring.

> >

> > It scales, but you don't need it to because there's no internal cooldown on it's activation and meta dps builds will be triggering it ~5-15+ times a second which keeps them topped off during the burst-to-phase. If your dps is terrible and you're not phasing the boss, obviously speed run strategies like this won't work and you're better off playing a full heal-support build. But if you're not using speed run strats, you're probably better off just playing something like minstrel/magi Druid since you can do a lot more at once (cc/heal/boonspam/insta rez/spirit support/projectile deny) and are basically immortal with all that toughness/vitality. Full support Ren can somewhat carry a bad group, but not in the same way you can with druid, which just provides so much more and has a lot more multitasking power.

>

> I'll play rene,ty, sick of druid.

> There isn't anything druid can do atm that rene can't in fractals. Plus Rene can spam alacrity. That insta res with 3 minutes cd is not worth the deal.

Except party Fury, Vigor, Spirits, GoE, projectile denial w/o sacrificing energy, spamable cleanse, weakness uptime for your weavers, and more hard cc options that don't scatter all the adds.

Obviously, play whatever you want, but to say that there isn't anything druids can do that renegade's can't is just wild. The fact that druids have so many unique and powerful party buffs is the entire reason there's so little diversity in the meta in the first place.

> @"narcx.3570" said:

> > @"phs.6089" said:

> > > > @"phs.6089" said:

> > > > > @"narcx.3570" said:

> > > > > > @"Durante.7281" said:

> > > > > > > @"narcx.3570" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Durante.7281" said:

> > > > > > > > Im planning on making a heal herald specificly for PUG cm's+t4, but are wondering what type of gear im gonna get. this is for a comp with 2dps,1bs,1dps quickbrand and then the herald healer. From what i understand herald is able to give more boons then renegade?(not sure but comparing from snowcrows builds).

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > **Should i go full Harrier or full Minstrel**

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Harrier is standard but since its for pugging (where its nice to have 1 dedicated heal) I doubt im going to do much dmg anyway. So I was thinking Minstrel would be better since it gives thoughness(7% convert to healingpower), and vit to be more tanky and with the Hardened Foundation trait + more base stat a LOT more healing power. Boon duration should still be an easy 100% inside fracs with the extra buffs.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Edit: i just learned that Renegade will have better alec+might so the question stands: harrier or minstrel for PUG cm's+t4. Will the extra dps be worth the wipes you could have saved...

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > You need to play Renegade for alacrity, which is the entire point of what you're trying to do. I mean, in theory you can keep alacrity up with 100% boon duration and natural harmony, but in actual practice you won't be able to... Also, you'll have a huge problem finding group.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > For your stat choice, really you're going to want to be Zerker/Diviners... But since you want to be a healer, it doesn't really matter--your dps will be garbo anyways. I also can't stress how unpopular of a direction this will be, especially after tomorrow's patch, so I dunno if it's worth doing. But if you really, really want to, the answer is Harriers + as much Minstrels as you need to not die.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Well I guess im just confident that DPSquickbrand+heal renegade is gonna triumph heal fb+dps/alec renegade

> > > > >

> > > > > When you run that set up, the Renegade is technically the healer, but you only use Soulcleave to keep the group topped off, and don't run any healing power since it's not needed for life steal scaling.

> > > >

> > > > Is it not? Is wiki wrong? https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Soulcleave%27s_Summit

> > > >

> > > > While we are on this, which weapon set would be the most useful to break bars, as damage in harrier is not high, I think would be best to have the best CC you can bring.

> > >

> > > It scales, but you don't need it to because there's no internal cooldown on it's activation and meta dps builds will be triggering it ~5-15+ times a second which keeps them topped off during the burst-to-phase. If your dps is terrible and you're not phasing the boss, obviously speed run strategies like this won't work and you're better off playing a full heal-support build. But if you're not using speed run strats, you're probably better off just playing something like minstrel/magi Druid since you can do a lot more at once (cc/heal/boonspam/insta rez/spirit support/projectile deny) and are basically immortal with all that toughness/vitality. Full support Ren can somewhat carry a bad group, but not in the same way you can with druid, which just provides so much more and has a lot more multitasking power.

> >

> > I'll play rene,ty, sick of druid.

> > There isn't anything druid can do atm that rene can't in fractals. Plus Rene can spam alacrity. That insta res with 3 minutes cd is not worth the deal.

>

> Except party Fury, Vigor, Spirits, GoE, projectile denial w/o sacrificing energy, spamable cleanse, weakness uptime for your weavers, and more hard cc options that don't scatter all the adds.

>

> Obviously, play whatever you want, but to say that there isn't anything druids can do that renegade's can't is just wild. The fact that druids have so many unique and powerful party buffs is the entire reason there's so little diversity in the meta in the first place.

>

Assasin presents(who need precious in fractlas?), tablet is better CoE, druid can deny projectails on a long cooldown, while baubles there fro ages etc etc.

Plus warband guys, plus alacrity and might that can be spammed.

Correction: there was no diversity in meta. Taking druid outta habbit is not meta.

FB outclasses druid on any level in any mode

> @"Hannelore.8153" said:

> Keep in mind that Harrier's is basically Clerics minus Toughness plus Boon Duration, its glass and the DPS isn't that far above Ministrels and you lose alot of staying power, I mean its okay in something like a raid where people can help keep you alive while you heal, but if you're trying to pug fractals, you're better of either just going full DPS or full support, depending on how you want to play.

>

> The key to playing this game is to know when to make your tradeoffs, and going glass support in pugs isn't it.

With a full harrier set I solo'd the 2nd third of the fight with Ensolyss of the Endless Torment in CM99 with Renegade. I got so fed up with my team being bad and having to off myself after they died, I decided that I wasn't going to stop even after they all ate the dirt.

Power/Healing/Concentration is fine. Renegade is by no means frail, even in full glass gear.

> @"Blood Red Arachnid.2493" said:

> > @"Hannelore.8153" said:

> > Keep in mind that Harrier's is basically Clerics minus Toughness plus Boon Duration, its glass and the DPS isn't that far above Ministrels and you lose alot of staying power, I mean its okay in something like a raid where people can help keep you alive while you heal, but if you're trying to pug fractals, you're better of either just going full DPS or full support, depending on how you want to play.

> >

> > The key to playing this game is to know when to make your tradeoffs, and going glass support in pugs isn't it.

>

> With a full harrier set I solo'd the 2nd third of the fight with Ensolyss of the Endless Torment in CM99 with Renegade. I got so fed up with my team being bad and having to off myself after they died, I decided that I wasn't going to stop even after they all ate the dirt.

>

> Power/Healing/Concentration is fine. Renegade is by no means frail, even in full glass gear.

What's the point of running a full harrier renegade if you couldn't keep the rest of your team up?

> @"Quarktastic.1027" said:

> > @"Blood Red Arachnid.2493" said:

> > > @"Hannelore.8153" said:

> > > Keep in mind that Harrier's is basically Clerics minus Toughness plus Boon Duration, its glass and the DPS isn't that far above Ministrels and you lose alot of staying power, I mean its okay in something like a raid where people can help keep you alive while you heal, but if you're trying to pug fractals, you're better of either just going full DPS or full support, depending on how you want to play.

> > >

> > > The key to playing this game is to know when to make your tradeoffs, and going glass support in pugs isn't it.

> >

> > With a full harrier set I solo'd the 2nd third of the fight with Ensolyss of the Endless Torment in CM99 with Renegade. I got so fed up with my team being bad and having to off myself after they died, I decided that I wasn't going to stop even after they all ate the dirt.

> >

> > Power/Healing/Concentration is fine. Renegade is by no means frail, even in full glass gear.

>

> What's the point of running a full harrier renegade if you couldn't keep the rest of your team up?

They were REALLY bad. One of them admitted that he was running from the tablet because he thought it was one of Ensolyss's attacks. They had terrible DPS, couldn't dodge any of the attacks (including the instant-death ones), never used CC, would run around in a disorganized frantic panic, and frequently died from falling off the platform.

This isn't a raid. Nearly every attack is designed to kill you. The renegade has a narrow healing range, so a certain degree of cooperation is required in order to heal effectively. If the team scatters to the wind, then there's very little you can do to keep them alive.

> @"Durante.7281" said:

> Im planning on making a heal herald specificly for PUG cm's+t4, but are wondering what type of gear im gonna get. this is for a comp with 2dps,1bs,1dps quickbrand and then the herald healer. From what i understand herald is able to give more boons then renegade?(not sure but comparing from snowcrows builds).

>

>

> Harrier is standard but since its for pugging (where its nice to have 1 dedicated heal) I doubt im going to do much dmg anyway. So I was thinking Minstrel would be better since it gives thoughness(7% convert to healingpower), and vit to be more tanky and with the Hardened Foundation trait + more base stat a LOT more healing power. Boon duration should still be an easy 100% inside fracs with the extra buffs.

>

> Edit: i just learned that Renegade will have better alec+might so the question stands: harrier or minstrel for PUG cm's+t4. Will the extra dps be worth the wipes you could have saved...

You should always go for as much power as possible on Renegade. The reason is that your Soulcleave Summit (Kalla Elite) scales with your power stat. Its one of the most neglected, but best dps increases. Even better than frost spirit for quite a lot of dps builds.

If you still want some tanky stats - which is a totally valid point as a healer on fractals - then you should rather go for clerics.

You need at least 80% boon duration, 100% is better if you also want to provide some might.

Soooooo... put these points together... here's how I go about calculating "normal" fractal builds. Lets say we want 100% boon duration for comfy playing. You get "some" from your fractal potion conversion.

Fractal mastery maxed, 5 stacks of mist mobility potion, 150 AR -> 150*0,3*5 = 225 concentration -> 225/15 = 15% boon duration.

Sigil of Concentration: 10% boon duration

Water runes: 25% boon duration

You get around 7% from peppermint oil

That leaves: 100-15-10-25-7 = 43% boon duration left to cover from stats. Thats 43*15 = 645 concentration.

Thats great... because amulet + 2x rings + 2x accessory + backpiece + weapon in harrier = 645 concentration. That leaves your armor for clerics.

Fun fact, 1315 toughness is enough to tank most bosses in raids. That staff3 block is really good and you will make some chronos / firebrands really happy.

• 3 weeks later...

> @"Durante.7281" said:

ofc only Minstrel. no one should spent time to ress support. So you need strong stand on ground, and toughness + vit give some additional help for that. You lose some power - but that is is power without cap crit and ferosity ? something very small

I've gone with full Harrier's and can't say I struggle with staying alive in 9/10 encounters. Once in a while there may be something that just doesn't go my way and I manage to get downed, it happens, but overall it's fairly easy to keep yourself and your allies up. I feel far more comfortable being the healer myself than having Druids that barely manage to heal when I switch to DPS.