How does dagger storm reset

LaFurion.3167

Hello I am currently watching blacksteel and he is somehow resetting his dagger storm cool down. How exactly do you do this?

I know I am not seeing things. He did it 3 times in one fight. Am I missing something which resets the cool down of dagger storm? The first time I was confused so very specifically watched it's cool down. At 60 seconds it instantly reset and he used it again.

> @"Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497" said:

> > @"Turk.5460" said:

> > > @"LaFurion.3167" said:

> > > Oh interesting. Thanks! Surprised to see such an rng thing in gw2!

> >

> > Unfortunately this RNG also means that a skill type that's not even equipped can be "recharged."

>

> I'd call it a bug... but fixing it would immediately make the trait busted as all hell.

That would break the game tbh. Imagine a S/D thief with improvisation and steal resets. Would be insane to see a full trickery thief resetting all his skills every 20 seconds..

> > @"Turk.5460" said:

> >

> > Unfortunately this RNG also means that a skill type that's not even equipped can be "recharged."

>

> I'd call it a bug... but fixing it would immediately make the trait busted as all hell.

I don't think it is a bug. RNG has been a thing in this game from the start. Look how elixirs of the engineer used to work in the past, that was a complete skill type based on rng. They removed this from most elixirs, because RNG turned out to be a bad mechanic for a game with competitive elements, but you have to adjust accordingly.

They could change this trait away from RNG, but then they would have to majorly nerf it.

> @"Turk.5460" said:

> > @"Kodama.6453" said:

> > They could change this trait away from RNG, but then they would have to majorly nerf it.

>

> Not necessarily. They could simply make it recharge a random *equipped* **non-elite** utility that is currently on cooldown.

As in just one single utility instead of a skill type?

This would work (still would be a nerf, tho, so this actually proves my point). If you mean that it resets all non-elite utility skills of that one skill type, then this could still be busted. The potential to recharge a healing skill and all 3 utility skills on 20s cooldown is still extremely strong, even if we leave out the elite skills.

> @"Turk.5460" said:

> > @"Kodama.6453" said:

> > They could change this trait away from RNG, but then they would have to majorly nerf it.

>

> Not necessarily. They could simply make it recharge a random *equipped* **non-elite** utility that is currently on cooldown.

And how is that not rng? Lol

> @"Kodama.6453" said:

> As in just one single utility instead of a skill type?

Yes, so if you have Withdraw, RFI, Scorp Wire, and Haste, only one of those could be reset.

> @"NuhDah.9812" said:

> > @"Turk.5460" said:

> > > @"Kodama.6453" said:

> > > They could change this trait away from RNG, but then they would have to majorly nerf it.

> >

> > Not necessarily. They could simply make it recharge a random *equipped* **non-elite** utility that is currently on cooldown.

>

> And how is that not rng? Lol

It wouldn't refresh something you don't have equipped? lol

It wouldn't allow for multiple Dagger Storms? lol

> @"Turk.5460" said:

> > @"Kodama.6453" said:

> > As in just one single utility instead of a skill type?

> Yes, so if you have Withdraw, RFI, Scorp Wire, and Haste, only one of those could be reset.

>

> > @"NuhDah.9812" said:

> > > @"Turk.5460" said:

> > > > @"Kodama.6453" said:

> > > > They could change this trait away from RNG, but then they would have to majorly nerf it.

> > >

> > > Not necessarily. They could simply make it recharge a random *equipped* **non-elite** utility that is currently on cooldown.

> >

> > And how is that not rng? Lol

>

> It wouldn't refresh something you don't have equipped? lol

> It wouldn't allow for multiple Dagger Storms? lol

>

>

oh, you meant that kind of rng... I mean it will still be an rng between the utility chosen, but not outside of what you are using. Hmm, I guess it comes with it's pros and cons, but if rng is what displeases you this change won't be making much difference. I personally don't mind the way it's implemented now, and also have nothing against this sort of combat rng. Instead of 100% predictability it seems more fun to me to adapt on the spot. But that's just me.

> > @"Turk.5460" said:

> >

>

It's not a bug. It guarantees a reset on something if you run one of each five types of skills (Say something like Withdraw/RFI/SoA/Needle Trap/BV). Elite specs add another type but not another utility slot, so it's just a bad interaction.

If they made it reset anything equipped, it'd be a busted trait (Especially for S/D Trickster), and already the GM options in DA are overshadowed heavily by it in the PvP modes; executioner is rarely worth it, and potent poison is only viable on MH dagger/shortbow main poison builds.

It'd be fun to get resets playing signet thief with every engage which would cut down its weaknesses a ton, but it'd definitely be an unskippable trait across most builds and overall would be super OP.