Renegade short bow and summon quality of life changes (after pvp legend rank)

The Ace.9105

Okay so after reaching legend in EU on my alt with playing only short bow renegade I have some quality of life ideas for the weapon and 1 tweak for the renegade summons.

Basically the only usable skills outside of pve on short bow are the skills 1, 4 and 5.

Skill number 2 Bloodbane Path:

This skill can't hit moving targets and does less damage than 2 autos from the bow if we don't count bleeds.

* Reduce the cast time from 1 second to 0.5 seconds.

* Rework the projectile pathing so that they can actually hit the target with the animation of projectiles coming out of portals or double the damage.

Skill number 3 Sevenshot:

This skill is unusable in pvp because the range of this skill is fixed and the projectile speed is too slow.

* Double or triple the projectile speed

* Rework the skill to be adjustable to different ranges.

Skill number 4 Spiritcrush:

This skill is mostly fine but it cancels if you turn fast or if you run fast past the point you cast the skill.

* Rework this skill to work like any other ground targeted skill.

Skill number 5 Scorchrazor:

This skill is mostly fine. There's one quality of life change I'd like on this skill to have 1 skill that can counter some defenses.

* Make this skill unblockable.

Renegade summon skills:

Summons are fine but sometimes you can't cast the summon skills because of pathing issues.

* Remove the casting by using shadowstep and make the cast to act like any other aoe field cast.

I'm pretty sure you can hit moving targets with Bloodbane Path. I'm fairly certain that I've hit moving targets with it. All of that aside, the real strength of Bloodbane Pathis the fact that you don't need to be facing your target to hit them. Since you're firing into a portal you can hit folks without having to have them in direct line of sight. In regards to Sevenshot, aren't all ranges fixed? I really would make Scorchrazor unblockable. What would really make Scorchrazor shine is giving it a movement ability, perhaps you fire the shot and roll back. This would address mobility issues.

Number 2 is garbage its true iit does not really hit anything.

Number 3 should have the convergence point be adjustable.

Number 4 is the most disconnected this from this game. Why the hell do you have to face the area where you shooting? Is there another move in the game that has this problem. Especially when its like you shooting into a portal. Should work like number 2.

Also number 5 is fine but why does it not auto face the target when you shoot, insted it just goes on interrupt cooldown.

But really renegade is so garbage for pvp. Remember that renegade and mirage were both released at same time. Its like giving one person a knife and the other person a tank.

Also i would love to see any videos if you can of renegade play at legend, its really hard to believe you made it there. Unless you had some hard carry. But even then...

Sevenshot worked like that when it first came out if you had a certain quickcast option selected. You could shotgun it and could even center it on your character with the ol mouse over the health bar trick.

I'm pretty sure the way it works is how they want it to work and the drawback of it not being able to hit closer things is intended.

wow. do you mind sharing your build? I've been looking for one that works. thanks!

> @"The Ace.9105" said:

> Okay so after reaching legend in EU on my alt with playing only short bow renegade I have some quality of life ideas for the weapon and 1 tweak for the renegade summons.

>

> Basically the only usable skills outside of pve on short bow are the skills 1, 4 and 5.

>

> Skill number 2 Bloodbane Path:

> This skill can't hit moving targets and does less damage than 2 autos from the bow if we don't count bleeds.

> * Reduce the cast time from 1 second to 0.5 seconds.

> * Rework the projectile pathing so that they can actually hit the target with the animation of projectiles coming out of portals or double the damage.

>

> Skill number 3 Sevenshot:

> This skill is unusable in pvp because the range of this skill is fixed and the projectile speed is too slow.

> * Double or triple the projectile speed

> * Rework the skill to be adjustable to different ranges.

>

> Skill number 4 Spiritcrush:

> This skill is mostly fine but it cancels if you turn fast or if you run fast past the point you cast the skill.

> * Rework this skill to work like any other ground targeted skill.

>

> Skill number 5 Scorchrazor:

> This skill is mostly fine. There's one quality of life change I'd like on this skill to have 1 skill that can counter some defenses.

> * Make this skill unblockable.

>

> Renegade summon skills:

> Summons are fine but sometimes you can't cast the summon skills because of pathing issues.

> * Remove the casting by using shadowstep and make the cast to act like any other aoe field cast.