Training Manuals question

gaymer.1648

So I was just browsing through the trade broker searching for various things I might be interested in buying and came across these training manuals. There's an Adept's, Master's, and Grandmaster's training manual. Are these things that can still be used to reset your hero points spent so you can spend them on different ones or are these just rubbish left over from when traits were a thing? Also is there any items that can refund HP spent to spend them somewhere else or are HP one of those one-time spent things you can never undo? (yes I plan on getting all of the elite specs unlocked but I'd rather unspend points to speed up the process of learning them)

The manuals are a relic of the old system which allowed you to spend points in a traitline - so they got nothing to do with hero points and therefore won't do anything if consumed as far as I can tell.

Unfortunately there is no way to reset spent hero points without making a new character, however getting the 250 points needed for unlocking elite specs isn't very demanding. You can either play WvW, use the LFG tool and look for "hero point run/train" on any HoT/PoF map in order to get a full specialization unlocked within an hour, or do core Tyria hero points which only awards 1 but are far more soloable.

If you don't want to do world exploration or xpac content right away, the only option left is to play WvW. I reckon 2 days ought to be enough to get the tokens (selectable from a reward chest) you need for 1 specialization. Keep in mind these will complete random Hero points for you, so in order to actually do them you'll need to create another character since they are non repeatable.