POF Disconnects

Hey there!

I have been playing gw2 for a little while (I believe just over 7k hours) and I haven't had more than 1 or 2 disconnects due to an extreme issue on my end (Internet directly being unplugged by kids etc.)

I took a little bit of a break and recently picked up POF and was ecstatic to get back into it.

After purchasing the game and playing the half way through the first instance I was disconnected right at the end.

I shook it off as just bad luck or a hickup and played it again. (No DC this time)

Then after that I went onto the second part of the story and again, about 80% of the way through it I was disconnected. (No spikes in my internet/ping)

I was slightly irritated at this point but I moved on.

I go back into it again, play about 70% of the instance and take 2 seconds to stretch. In that 2 seconds of inactivity I was disconnected.

Needless to say at this point my frustration is catching up.

Finally one day later I check everything on my PC, Firewalls, Antivirus, connection and everything is running as usual.

I decide to play the second part one last time, lo and behold no dc and I complete it!

I'm hoping that it is in my past and I can simply fire my way through the story, catch up and get back to all the other fun activities I love doing in the game.

NEXT PART OF THE STORY I think this was the straw that broke the camels back. It was a rather long part, maybe 30min of work. At the exact end of the story after searching for a specific (individual) that wasn't there.

I get disconnected.

Long story short is this happening to anyone else because i'm extremely disheartened by this.

Thanks!

I just recently came back, having not played since launch, basically. I bought the expansions excited to dive deep into GW2 again... but it's almost impossible to progress in the story because after many cutscenes, typically late in the mission (like right before it ends) I get disconnected to character select and I have to do the mission ALL over again. This is so disappointing because I love this game and I've been having so much fun getting back into it... but I paid all this money for new stuff and I cannot even make it there because of these disconnects... this is extrememy frustrating and I wish we could get some help with this issue... but it seems like people have had this issue for a long time. I'm at a loss... my internet is completely fine with everything else. This is the only thing I have any issue with.

I've been having the same problem. I sent a ticket 3 or 4 days ago, after having attempted to progress in the story about 11 times (RIP free time), and I just can't make it past the disconnects. Still no word from arenanet, it would be nice if they could acknowledge it at least.

I have been disconnected in the middle or end part of Night of Fires three times now. I don't have problems when outside of instances. It's particularly strange because I don't have a high ping or anything, the connection will just die suddenly. It is very frustrating because I'm enjoying the story a lot and want to continue. And Night of Fires is a kind of long mission, so it is frustrating to lose that progress, especially when going for the achievements.

Having this problem too, for a while I thought it was a problem exclusive to me, while it sucks that it's happening I'm glad I'm not alone in this issue.

It would be nice if ANET did anything to acknowledge these issues, at the very least they could put more checkpoints into the story which has gotten rediculously long at this point...

This is happening to me too. Consistantly disconnecting in night of fires right after the artilery guy fight.

Had a similar problem with another alt who somehow managed to get through night of fires on the mission in glint's lair after the crsytal guy fight,

Why in the world don't have the ability to reconnect if a mission drops, especially if your friends are still doing it? GW1 did!

If this is happening to you while playing a Story Chapter, I may have a fix.

I had the same issue, and would get the, "Disconnected, please wait a few minutes to reconnect blah blah" error message at the exact same spot after the battle with the Mouth of Zhaitan near the end of Chapter 8 of My Story.

Right click the shortcut you use to start GW2.

Click "Properties", then select the Shortcut Tab, if it's not already on that tab.

In the field next to "Target" you should see something like, "C:\Program Files\Guild Wars 2\Gw2-64.exe"

At the end of that line, hit space and type -clientport 443.

It should now look like this, "C:\Program Files\Guild Wars 2\Gw2-64.exe" -clientport 443

Now, click the "Compatibility" tab.

Near the bottom, put a check in the box labeled, "Run this program as an administrator."

Click Apply, then OK

EDIT: Well, this is new... I was doing an early mission in the HoT story where you can choose to help the Itzel defend their camp. Got to the end, disconnected. BUT, when i logged back in, i got the Crossed Sword/Shield thing that says I've completed that part. Not a total loss like it has always been before, but definitely not the full fix i was hoping for.

• 2 weeks later...

> @Massacre.2064 said:

> This is happening to me too. Consistantly disconnecting in night of fires right after the artilery guy fight.

>

> Had a similar problem with another alt who somehow managed to get through night of fires on the mission in glint's lair after the crsytal guy fight,

>

> Why in the world don't have the ability to reconnect if a mission drops, especially if your friends are still doing it? GW1 did!

This same exact spot has disconnected me twice on one character and once on another. Having to run through that camp over and over again is _infuriating_, and ANet continues to keep silent about all these PoF disconnects.