SPOILERS art notes for Aurene

asterix.9614

So I was randomly browsing about things about Aurene and Ronald Kury the creature creator for GW2 stated that in the initial art notes for baby Aurene it described her as a "Cute little female undead baby crystal dragon, infused by the power of Primordus and embeded with Mordremoth's energy", umm so yea I personally am not a big fan of the Aurene coming back because of Joko theory, but I have a feeling we will see the "undead" part being implemented pretty soon....

Link to note here https://ronaldk.artstation.com/projects/K8ErB

"Oy Gewalt!" :o (quote from _The Frisco Kid_)

Oh my, okay. So that is most likely what we are going to get then: an undead dragon companion. Boo.

P.S. I wonder if she will be very mad at us for leading her into her (un)death? :s I mean, we promised to protect her, and then she got shish-kebab'd. I know **I** would be pretty miffed...

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> "Oy Gewalt!" :o (quote from _The Frisco Kid_)

>

> Oh my, okay. So that is most likely what we are going to get then: an undead dragon companion. Boo.

>

> P.S. I wonder if she will be very mad at us for leading her into her (un)death? :s I mean, we promised to protect her, and then she got shish-kebab'd. I know **I** would be pretty miffed...

> Glint: Kralkatorrik's strength is absolute; his will, inexorable. In him, you will meet your greatest fears. Summon courage.

> Glint: Scion, you fear what Kralkatorrik might make of you. Champion, you fear for her survival—and the world's.

> Glint: Help one another. Find courage together.

> PC: That's not you, Aurene. And it never will be.

The Commander is afraid of Aurene dying, but Aurene is afraid of something different -- of being corrupted by Kraalkatorik (in her visions, she is completely crystallized, not just run through by crystals, and the fear she has to conquer is a branded version of herself). Perhaps she already intuitively understood something that the commander didn't -- that corruption was much more of a threat to her than physical damage. In the end, only the wounds from the brand crystals show any signs of corruption, but she isn't branded herself. More significantly, neither is the commander.

> @"perilisk.1874" said:

> In the end, only the wounds from the brand crystals show any signs of corruption, but she isn't branded herself. More significantly, neither is the commander.

That is not quite true. There is purple light coming out of her mouth, and where the crystals pierced through her body they definitely branded her scales and skin:

![](https://i.imgur.com/vkTTGsX.jpg "")

We weren't branded, because the impact of that last attack catapulted us a mile away (I wonder how our body didn't get fractured by that).

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"perilisk.1874" said:

> > In the end, only the wounds from the brand crystals show any signs of corruption, but she isn't branded herself. More significantly, neither is the commander.

>

> That is not quite true. There is purple light coming out of her mouth, and where the crystals pierced through her body they definitely branded her scales and skin:

>

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/vkTTGsX.jpg "")

>

> We weren't branded, because the impact of that last attack catapulted us a mile away (I wonder how our body didn't get fractured by that).

Maybe we have different graphic settings the me?

Bc on my screen, she was not black :scream: ?

> @"brenda.9723" said:

> Maybe we have different graphic settings the me?

> Bc on my screen, she was not black :scream: ?

I don't use Post-Processing, because I hate it in most cases. So those are the true, unaltered colors you see there. :) It's not black, by the way, it's blue and grey colors on her and the purple on the crystals and the light radiating from her mouth. But, yes, she is no longer "glowing" like when she was alive, so that dragon is definitely dead _at that point_.

@topic: The more I think about it, the more the whole Ascension thematic seems relevant to me regarding Aurene's death. I guess people are right after all. Perhaps, when Glint sent her to have a talk "only between dragons" ("What my daughter mut do, will seem impossible to her."), she told her that her prophecy forsaw Aurene's death and what would come to pass thereafter. On the other hand, if that was the case, Aurene would not have been _that_ shocked over Kralkatorrik's last attack (when everyone else thought he was defeated). Hmm...