Season 15 Is there no system change?

sokell.4317

Bringing back ranked Stronghold, even as a separate league, would be nice... I do know it's a unpopular opinion, but, hey ... not everybody likes Conquest :/

It's been 13 seasons already (more than 2 years ! ), and I have still "Year of the Ascension" achievements to do ... :'(

> @"zoneg.3058" said:

> Bringing back ranked Stronghold, even as a separate league, would be nice... I do know it's a unpopular opinion, but, hey ... not everybody likes Conquest :/

> It's been 13 seasons already (more than 2 years ! ), and I have still "Year of the Ascension" achievements to do ... :'(

The problem with Ranked stronghold is as soon as people take it seriously it develops into Bunker meta. Bunker builds are insanely overpowered in stronghold because you don't actually have to kill players to win, but npcs. Thus the best builds for it involve surviving against other players and killing NPCs while healing your own. Firebrand or even offmeta healing specs FA-ele / Ventari Rev played properly can singlehandedly carry the entire objective.

Stronghold is only fun as long as people don't specifically build for it. Once players start exploiting the flaws of the formats design it becomes very anti-fun.