Just a single dye channel on BL weapons would be AWESOME.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> WoW has 10 times the manpower of Guild Wars 2, and likely 10 times the budget, so there really isn't a valid comparison.

> I'm not sure why you want to argue with the Devs, or call them stubborn; they've explained why it won't happen; seems a bit like tilting at windmills.

> Even if the Devs decided to take on this project, I'm guessing the playerbase would not be happy with the decision to have to wait a year, two years, more, for any kind of meaningful content release, aka another content drought. It just doesn't seem worth it, and it could harm the game irreparably.

>

> Still, good luck on convincing them.

I'm not trying to convince anyone lol. As I said before this will not happen, so in that regard I we 100% agree.

All I am saying is that the reason why this is not happening is not out of "technical limitations". It's not happening because Anet doesn't want to do it. Because if they really can't do it retroactively by maintaining one system for all weapons, which I absolutely believe that this is not possible, then there would still be 1000 other ways to get similar results.

Anets priorities are once more the issue here.

And btw. as long as they have time to implement chairs etc. to the game (or rather the gem shop), I don't think their priorities are that customer friendly either, at least not for ppl that come to the game out of long term gameplay reasons. VBecause let's be real here for a moment. Dye channels on weapons are nothing that can push sales in their gem store, at least not so much that it would be worth the effort.

So why would they waste time and money on that? In recent times Anet doesn't seem to produce or concept any system, mechanic or item that can't be put in some way into the gem store. that's pretty much what their main focus is. And I don't think this will change.

So, yeah. Dye channels on weapons from now on? Can't get more new weapons in the store than they already do (9/10). Can't sell more dyes than they already do through the store. Can't somehow lock the ability to get dye channels on weapons in the store, because of community outrage. Yeah, really not good to monetize this system.

If they'd identified colouring weapons as the next big moneymaker, I promise you these engineers would work day and night to get around these technical limitations. In some way or another they would get dye channels for some weapons into the game.

I don't think 'community outrage' would keep them from offering 'Dyeable Weapons' in the Gem Store. No more than 2000 Gem Mountfits.

I do think that the amount of resources such an undertaking would require, and causing a content drought is more the reason it is not implemented. Re-doing the engine from the ground up would likely necessitate a multiple-year drought, and with no money coming in, the game might cease to exist. Doubtful NCSoft would bankroll just a weapon-dye change.

Of course, one never knows.