Longbow Auto attack dosen't fire to its max range

> @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > @"Alimar.8760" said:

> > Longbows arc and rifles fire straight. You can hit farther on the longbow if you're angled correctly but that doesn't mean your max range for auto attacking is any less or more than what it is said to have.

>

> Wrong angel doesn’t matter, elevation doesn’t matter, no matter what it is always the same distance, and Anet has not stated anywhere on this forum or the old forums that it’s intended game physics, the only thing that has ever been said by a dev is that all skills are supposed to have a 15% Range buffer to account for tracking, they did not state only certain skills have that, they said all. Even arcing “1200” Range attacks go further than “1500” Range attacks front Rifle kneeling etc.

Then tell me why bow projectiles hit farther than their auto attacks say they do if you can fire at an enemy? Some say it's a bug, some say it's the nature of how the projectile works. I say it's just the way it it. Angle might have been a poor choice of words, however you can still hit things farther out of range than your auto attack says you can. Bow projectiles continue on their trajectory for quite some distance past max range. (As far as I know) while rifle bullets disappear the moment they reach max range.

> @"Alimar.8760" said:

> > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > > @"Alimar.8760" said:

> > > Longbows arc and rifles fire straight. You can hit farther on the longbow if you're angled correctly but that doesn't mean your max range for auto attacking is any less or more than what it is said to have.

> >

> > Wrong angel doesn’t matter, elevation doesn’t matter, no matter what it is always the same distance, and Anet has not stated anywhere on this forum or the old forums that it’s intended game physics, the only thing that has ever been said by a dev is that all skills are supposed to have a 15% Range buffer to account for tracking, they did not state only certain skills have that, they said all. Even arcing “1200” Range attacks go further than “1500” Range attacks front Rifle kneeling etc.

>

> Then tell me why bow projectiles hit farther than their auto attacks say they do if you can fire at an enemy? Some say it's a bug, some say it's the nature of how the projectile works. I say it's just the way it it. Angle might have been a poor choice of words, however you can still hit things farther out of range than your auto attack says you can. Bow projectiles continue on their trajectory for quite some distance past max range. (As far as I know) while rifle bullets disappear the moment they reach max range.

Devs have never issued a statement on it, it’s all speculation, the only Dev post that comes close was a Dev responding to a question about Mesmer GS AA(not a Bow Projectile) hitting further than it’s tooltip, and their answer was all attacks have a 15% Range buffer to account for tracking, now we all know that this is incorrect, but it is the only statement even remotely related to the subject from a Dev.

I and others have asked Devs for clarification on if it’s intended behavior etc and why, they don’t answer, they completely avoid any discussion about it like the plague.

I don’t care one way or the other, outside of the huge inconsistency and not having any actual clarification on it.

The range mechanics include a padding factor so that initiated attacks won't miss just because the target got 1 unit farther away. Even melee attacks (which have a "range" of 130) will hit farther than advertised if you just hold 1 instead of relying on the autoattack. Perhaps the padding could use some scaling adjustments so the gap isn't as large at long distances, but you should understand that this means you actually will have to get closer to your target in order to hit them, not that the autoattack will be able to strike at longer ranges.

"Be careful what you wish for."

> @"Leablo.2651" said:

> The range mechanics include a padding factor so that initiated attacks won't miss just because the target got 1 unit farther away. Even melee attacks (which have a "range" of 130) will hit farther than advertised if you just hold 1 instead of relying on the autoattack. Perhaps the padding could use some scaling adjustments so the gap isn't as large at long distances, but you should understand that this means you actually will have to get closer to your target in order to hit them, not that the autoattack will be able to strike at longer ranges.

>

> "Be careful what you wish for."

The LB (and certain other Ranged Attacks) as well as Melee attacks all hit outside of their “Maximum” range, Guns don’t they only hit at or within their Maximum Range.

Example: “1200” Range Bows hit over 1500 Range, “1500” Range bows hit over 1800 Range, no matter what even if your target is outside of the “Maximum” Range of the Weapon, Guns like DE Rifle don’t hit outside of their Maximum Range they stop exactly at the Maximum.

There is video proof documenting this, and People like to say that elevation is a factor when it doesn’t factor in at all, no matter what elevation etc the skills always hits at the same distance.