A little praise for "all or nothing"

snadam.9018

I'm not a regular forum poster but I just wanted to try and express how much I enjoyed "All or Nothing". I confess I've found most the story rather dull up until now. This episode got back to doing something you have not done since Living world seaon 1. I'm referring to impacting real change in the characters. The flow of living story had become rather predictable. Taimi gives us some technobable to justify us going to a new map. We rally some new ally and we win the day. It gets dull after a while...but finally, you let us lose. The most memorable experiences in this game are of loss, such as the destruction of lions arch, the death of Eir, and the ruined landscape of Kessix hills. I guess I didn't think I really cared for the tragic character, but this episode showed me I did. I love this game but I have always quietly wished it was a touch darker (I personally dislike the asura as a constant comic device). This episode hit the right cords again. I do want to make one request, please don't hit undo on these events. I stumbled upon a bit of fan speculation that you might bring back the tragic figure. I feel like that would seriously cheapen the powerful experience this episode gave us. I hope you embrace a darker more serious tone in episodes to come!

We are absolutely two in this one!

It's something I've desired from the story since a while, considering we had so many twists and unexpected/shocking things happening in GW1 story.

I didn't like the tone of GW2 story up until now. This finally turned darker and less of a 'jolly picnic march through the park'.

Voice acting was also superb in this episode, fantastic job!

I also hope the story keeps the darker tone, it adds to the depth and seriousness.