To actually take ranked seriously and the leaderboard.

Ziggityzog.7389

I think we all agree top250 isn't accurate as it contains several alt accounts. Not only it's like people competing against themselves but also strips the possibility of another unique player getting into the list. What would have happened if each season top 10 guys would participate with 10 accounts each? (rhetorical).

On the other hand I understand bluri's argument so why not one account per registered mobile number / each season. So if bluri lacks motivation on his old account he could compete with an alt account (but only with this one) for the specific season.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frankly, all of these reasons miss the point of what makes people be competitive.

Competitiveness is an illusion, it doesn't really exist. It only exists when people think that whatever competition they're in **_matters_**.

1. Either it can matter because people think there are consequences, e.g. there are prizes for winning or penalties for losing.

2. Or people can think it matters simply because they think that other people think it matters; if you know the other team are gonna be super-annoyed at losing, then this increases the incentive most people have to win, so that they can rub it in their opponents faces.

You can have the most fair and balanced competition, with zero opportunity for cheating, and yet it will do nothing for competitiveness if nobody cares or thinks it matters.

As long as ranked pvp is basically a retirement home for the ~500 players left in pvp who can dodge churning-earth, and streams are attracting maybe 20-30 people, you're never going to make people take this competition seriously.

> @"bluri.2653" said:

> Curious, explain to me what the issue of playing my alt account is?

people waste spots on the leaderboard with alt accounts.

but instead of one account per cellphone I would say one account per computer (hardware ids are a thing and easily collected for Anet). That way you kill multi accounts and account sharing unless multiple computers are used

Alt accounts are a thing, but it's not these that ruin the leaderboard. 10 spots at best, that's not so much.

What ruins leaderboard is the fact that top250 mostly remains the same every season because players remain there after placement games. Just make everyone start from scratch one season ( start from 1000, not get placed after MMR reset), and it will be much more fair and representative.

Actually, i assume the top100 will remain exactly the same, but it probably will be different for the 150 following spots.

• 2 weeks later...

If.. something anything is changed. May it be bots are looked at, the match manipulators wintraders with alts are perm banned, duo is tossed out, or anything to spice up season 16 besides the copy paste season template. I'll actually try lol for now with the agony ive heard in map chat for a couple years now is quite sad and I'm glad i haven't touched it.

bump for the poll