Why HoT looks so mutch better than PoF

ROMANG.1903

It all started with a post of mine ( https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/815217 ), after which I went to the options and decided to simply disable postprocessing. The desert was now very tarnish and gray but actually looked better that way to me, mutch less saturated. But then, I went to Maguuma... And it was overloaded with bright colours. I reenabled postprocessing and it looked so mutch better...

So I think I might have found the problem:

* The reason Maguuma looks so good is that the textures initially have their "true" colours. The colours that they would have with perfect lighting from every angle. They are then toned down with postprocessing, to add shadows and ambiant occlusion.

* The Desert, on the other hand, have very tarnish textures. They aren't vibrant and most of them seem to fall into the grey spectrum. Then postprocessing comes, and in that case does the opposite of what it does in Maguuma: Liven up the colours, and that is why it looks so saturated.

In others words, Maguuma uses vibrant textures and then adds shadows, while the Desert uses tarnish textures and then adds light.

Postprocessing shouldn't try to fix anything beyond what it is initially made for: light and ambiant effects. The colours of the environment should be at their maximum, and then toned down by shadows, instead of being very tarnish and then toned up by a lot of light and contrast. I am not very hopeful that this will be adressed, but in the meantime, I would love to have an option to disable postprocessing in some specific maps...