Mantra QoL

BigBragg.8354

I would love to not need to recast mantras every time I load to a new zone. New maps it isn't so bad, but there are some fights that it becomes a burden. Like the end of Season 4 Episode 2, constantly getting sucked through a portal to a new area and being expected to jump back in the fight.

> @"BigBragg.8354" said:

> I am not talking about the resource management aspect.

>

> I am talking about how zoning wipes all the charges, even when they are full. This is really bad in fights that zone you around, or into any type of arena and you have to fight immediately.

Ya that can be annoying maybe a start with full charges when you zone in. But be-careful right now FB has more skills then weaver due to mantas and its books every add on to these effect makes it all the more unbalanced.

> @"Jski.6180" said:

> > @"BigBragg.8354" said:

> > I am not talking about the resource management aspect.

> >

> > I am talking about how zoning wipes all the charges, even when they are full. This is really bad in fights that zone you around, or into any type of arena and you have to fight immediately.

>

> Ya that can be annoying maybe a start with full charges when you zone in. But be-careful right now FB has more skills then weaver due to mantas and its books every add on to these effect makes it all the more unbalanced.

I don't see how this request has anything to do with balance. It obviously wouldn't apply to PvP/WvW. It's just a little QoL for PvErs.

> @"Yannir.4132" said:

> > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > @"BigBragg.8354" said:

> > > I am not talking about the resource management aspect.

> > >

> > > I am talking about how zoning wipes all the charges, even when they are full. This is really bad in fights that zone you around, or into any type of arena and you have to fight immediately.

> >

> > Ya that can be annoying maybe a start with full charges when you zone in. But be-careful right now FB has more skills then weaver due to mantas and its books every add on to these effect makes it all the more unbalanced.

>

> I don't see how this request has anything to do with balance. It obviously wouldn't apply to PvP/WvW. It's just a little QoL for PvErs.

That sadly not the way it works if you update things in pve often they find they way in wvw.

What you should be asking for is down time before a fight to set up unless that is part of the fight such as going to a boss next form.

If keeping mantras charged after swapping maps in WvW represented a major balance problem, it would mean that the game is in a far better state than it currently is. There's absolutely no harm to the suggestion.

While we're at it, necros shouldn't have to go hunt for ambient critters every time they swap maps, either.

> @"BigBragg.8354" said:

> Yeah I didn't see how this would impact WvW or sPvP. Though admittedly, in this game, my PvP experience is limited.

>

> Also totally agree that necro minions should get the same treatment.

Because they are already too powerful for the game type. In wvw you do have map jumps to ewp coming in hot with free matas full charge is broken to the one draw back they have as a effect.

> @"Jski.6180" said:

> > Yeah I didn't see how this would impact WvW or sPvP. Though admittedly, in this game, my PvP experience is limited.

> >

> > Also totally agree that necro minions should get the same treatment.

>

> Because they are already too powerful for the game type. In wvw you do have map jumps to ewp coming in hot with free matas full charge is broken to the one draw back they have as a effect.

That sounds more like a general WvW balance issue to me.

> @"BigBragg.8354" said:

> > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > Yeah I didn't see how this would impact WvW or sPvP. Though admittedly, in this game, my PvP experience is limited.

> > >

> > > Also totally agree that necro minions should get the same treatment.

> >

> > Because they are already too powerful for the game type. In wvw you do have map jumps to ewp coming in hot with free matas full charge is broken to the one draw back they have as a effect.

>

> That sounds more like a general WvW balance issue to me.

Right but it takes on the pve balancing. Just ask for down time in raids fight unless the raid fight it self makes you fight boss after boss with out down time.

> @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > > @"BigBragg.8354" said:

> > > > Yeah I didn't see how this would impact WvW or sPvP. Though admittedly, in this game, my PvP experience is limited.

> > > >

> > > > Also totally agree that necro minions should get the same treatment.

> > >

> > > Because they are already too powerful for the game type. In wvw you do have map jumps to ewp coming in hot with free matas full charge is broken to the one draw back they have as a effect.

> >

> > That sounds more like a general WvW balance issue to me.

>

> Right but it takes on the pve balancing. Just ask for down time in raids fight unless the raid fight it self makes you fight boss after boss with out down time.

Nah, I still want them to stay charged after I've cast them even when zoning. To me that puts them on part with the vast majority other utility skills in the game.

> @"BigBragg.8354" said:

> > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > > > @"BigBragg.8354" said:

> > > > > Yeah I didn't see how this would impact WvW or sPvP. Though admittedly, in this game, my PvP experience is limited.

> > > > >

> > > > > Also totally agree that necro minions should get the same treatment.

> > > >

> > > > Because they are already too powerful for the game type. In wvw you do have map jumps to ewp coming in hot with free matas full charge is broken to the one draw back they have as a effect.

> > >

> > > That sounds more like a general WvW balance issue to me.

> >

> > Right but it takes on the pve balancing. Just ask for down time in raids fight unless the raid fight it self makes you fight boss after boss with out down time.

>

> Nah, I still want them to stay charged after I've cast them even when zoning. To me that puts them on part with the vast majority other utility skills in the game.

They are already way stronger then any utility in the game your only asking them to be way over buffed leading to massive nerfs along the way or to come.

The idea from OP is not exactly a buff and it doesn't destroy pve either... what would be ideal is that skills keep refreshing in real time (like in many other games) where the cooldown keeps being active even on map changes, if you had ONE charge then you change map and you will still have ONE charge while the cd is running. Not only for FB but for other classes is the same.