Getting Ascended Gear

Xuto.6803

> @"Xuto.6803" said:

> So i finally am full exotics on my soulbeast ranger. Plus two ascended rings from fractals.

>

> A ton of guides online advised me to level leatherworking, which i did, but when i got one of the ascended gear recipes i realised that it will be extremely time consuming to get everything done.

>

> So I am looking for advice on what is the optimal to progress from where i am right now, as i am still new to the game.

>

> Getting fully ascended gear is one of the many goals of mine while playing guild wars 2.

>

>

I will reiterate the advice you already had from Ayrilana.1396: Gather gold and craft your ascendant armor by yourself. You say you are new in the game. That means you still have a lot of new things to discover - maps/events/world bosses. Take your time and gather everything you find during your map explorations.With a little bit of luck you may capture something valuable during your journeys. Do your daily. Slowly but steady you will be able to raise your crafting skill to 500. And even then you will still have many things to discover. You still can do fractals (with the 2 ascendant rings you can reach lvl 30 I think?).

As a conclusion - don't rush the things. This game is not ending tomorrow. Although not a very enjoyable activity, the crafting is still worth leveling to 500, because you can use it for the rest of the game.

If you step into WvW and you have the mental strength to complete the diamond tier every week, then after acquiring the ascendant armor you can make a further effort to gather enough Skirmish Tickets for the Legendary armour. In this way you solve the problem with the medium armors. But you still need crafting - for the leatherwork marks. No matter how you look at the problem if you don't want to wait for a random ascendant drop you must level your crafting to 500 first.

Sorry for this double post - I made en error and a part of what I wrote appears as a quote.

How can I edit my own post - in the first minute?