As much as I am loving the deadeye....

Rizzy.8293

I have to admit there is a few flaws with it.

My current play style right now, is to run around with p/p use unload and build up might stacks until Malice reaches it's full capacity. Unload is also more cost effective than 3round burst.

Switch over to rifle, Kneel and take the shot with Death's judgement, normally get 3 off before Malice resets. I think that's how the profession is meant to be played a gunslinger.

But the Deadeye was marketed as a sniper... and it's not very good at sniping.... because bodies tend to get in the way.

The surest way to fix this issue is to make it so that all kneel skill attacks pierce while standing attacks don't.

I don't think that this would be such a big issue considering that Rangers who have mobility + 1500range with Longbow also pierce (traited) with their attacks.

> @LazerusKI.7485 said:

> thats pretty much the best way to play him at range i think. usually you dont even need DJ at all because Unload deals such a high damage. Maybe against Elite and Champs, but everything below that is dead before Malice is full, just by spamming Unload

Pretty much, therein lies the problem.

The rifle is p much pointless.

We can either nerf Pistol Pistol and turn the deadeye to complete rubbish.

or buff the rifle up to be on par with the base damage with everyone else.

I think the real issue with DE Rifle is that standing mode is so bad. They wanted to make sniper mode a "thoughtful" decision... but that really isn't the case because standing is just so bad. When you are standing, you are pretty much always looking for good spot to pop a squat because standing mode is a waste of initiative.

Basically, Sniper Mode shouldn't be so overbearingly better than standing. Because right now if you are standing with the rifle, you are either looking for a safe spot to get back into kneeling, or you shouldn't have your rifle out. And it really shouldn't feel that way. Standing Mode shouldn't be a massive drop off on damage. IMO, the damage output should be the same whether you are standing or kneeling. Honestly, kneeling abilities should be the same as standing. But standing should than obviously offer more mobility, whereas kneeling offers other benefits like more range, piercing autos, and lower initiative cost. But the abilities in both stances should be the same. This way, I have a real reason to stand and a reason to kneel... but I wont feel like I am wasting my time when I am standing.

> @tongpo.3184 said:

> I think the real issue with DE Rifle is that standing mode is so bad. They wanted to make sniper mode a "thoughtful" decision... but that really isn't the case because standing is just so bad. When you are standing, you are pretty much always looking for good spot to pop a squat because standing mode is a waste of initiative.

>

> Basically, Sniper Mode shouldn't be so overbearingly better than standing. Because right now if you are standing with the rifle, you are either looking for a safe spot to get back into kneeling, or you shouldn't have your rifle out. And it really shouldn't feel that way. Standing Mode shouldn't be a massive drop off on damage. IMO, the damage output should be the same whether you are standing or kneeling. Honestly, kneeling abilities should be the same as standing. But standing should than obviously offer more mobility, whereas kneeling offers other benefits like more range, piercing autos, and lower initiative cost. But the abilities in both stances should be the same. This way, I have a real reason to stand and a reason to kneel... but I wont feel like I am wasting my time when I am standing.

>

>

i still move around a lot when i use rifle in pve, with shadow step and rolls ill unload a few shots then shadow step away unload some more then shadow step back and by then the vet should be dead

In my experience in WvW, trying to snipe is a waste of time. Any decent player is moving around and rarely stands in 1500 for long enough to get off a good death's judgement.

What did work well for me was to use S/D to initiate, and then when they ran away with their leaps and jumps I followed, tagged them with rifle 2, then knelt and finished with DJ. I'm still not sure if the +20% crit trait is worth it, but I think the Maleficent 7 trait might be with this style.

I like the range on the rifle, and it's fun to have something to poke with when two zergs clash, but again, I don't see sniping as a big winner.

-Jeff

> @jaif.3518 said:

> In my experience in WvW, trying to snipe is a waste of time. Any decent player is moving around and rarely stands in 1500 for long enough to get off a good death's judgement.

>

> What did work well for me was to use S/D to initiate, and then when they ran away with their leaps and jumps I followed, tagged them with rifle 2, then knelt and finished with DJ. I'm still not sure if the +20% crit trait is worth it, but I think the Maleficent 7 trait might be with this style.

>

> I like the range on the rifle, and it's fun to have something to poke with when two zergs clash, but again, I don't see sniping as a big winner.

>

> -Jeff

About Silent Scope: If you use a mix of maurader armor, a maurader amulet, a zerk ring/back/weapons, and zerk+Valk for the rest of your accessories, and the precision signet, you can get 60% crit chance and then using CS, with No Quarter you'll get a good crit boost and 100% crit chance while kneeling with the trait on top of about 15k health and 2400 power for solo roaming without relying on others for boosts.

I haven't WvW much with Deadeye yet, but engaging with D/P 3 and Be Quick or be Killed+mark gives a nice initial burst and then switching to rifle as they run or allowing you to break off and finish them from a distance works similarly well to your setup.