[Suggestion] In Game Player Browser

Something I remember from my days in other games is a way to search for players by zone. No idea if this is possible in guild wars. Selfishly I want this for WvW but it really helped for recruiting purposes. You could search by map, keep the filters open would list all the players nearby. Caps out of course if there are too many. This would have the additional benefit of finally answering how many players are on a map with you.

For what purpose do you want it in WvW? When you say recruitment purposes, you mean so we have to endure guilds and squads whispering individual players who may find this a bit annoying? Kinda like the recurring guild recruitment messages you see no matter what zone you go to, by the same guild(s), multiple times throughout an hour. (Don't get me wrong here, I actually enjoy chatter in the map chat and otherwise, but I don't personally "enjoy" the recruitment messages constantly repeating, and I certainly don't want them in whispers.)

I feel that a player counter could be useful, in conjunction with a system to jump between instances similar to GW1.

But I don't think a list of player names have any practical use outside of spamming.

If you want to recruit people, you can just use map chat.

If they don't listen, then obviously they're not interested in the first place anyways.

Yea, I can way too many ways in which a list of nearby players by name would end up being used in a negative manner. Even for just guild recruitment; If I started getting whispers asking if I was interested in joining a guild more than a few times it would start to tick me off. Even if going Offline prevented your name showing up, then you're closed off from your guild chat and such all just to block potential map recruiters.

I would be in favour of a population counter per map but not names being listed.

> @Absconditus.6804 said:

> For what purpose do you want it in WvW? When you say recruitment purposes, you mean so we have to endure guilds and squads whispering individual players who may find this a bit annoying? Kinda like the recurring guild recruitment messages you see no matter what zone you go to, by the same guild(s), multiple times throughout an hour. (Don't get me wrong here, I actually enjoy chatter in the map chat and otherwise, but I don't personally "enjoy" the recruitment messages constantly repeating, and I certainly don't want them in whispers.)

Yeah, fair point. There probably isn't a way to do this without it being incredibly crazy. The suggestion below for a player counter solves one of the issues I had in mind.