How are people making gold these days?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If i can sell it I sell it lol. That's my secret. Mats my biggest income, I salvage everything if it's worth under 50s sell everything worth more than 50s. Most of all play the game is one of the best ways to make money, is just playing. i also collect the freebie mystic coins and forge mystic weapons to sell good chunk of gold not quickly but it's still gold for the long run you'll make double and a little more depending weapon by making them than selling coins as singles.

Depending how much you play this game pretty much biggest factor in making money. When I played daily atleast 6hrs a day I was gaining bout 100g-150g every 7 days just by selling mats. Now I don't play as much as then, don't really need gold like I did then, but still great sum of income comes from mats and the mystic forge weapons.

My last secret I pretend 100g is 0g That way i've always got some gold to burn on a new build idea or new char needing a setup at 80.

If you got RL $ to burn could always do a little conversion. I do not have to RL$ to burn like that so I don't make money that way. (I used to when I first started though $20 here $20 there) But you may and many others go that route.

> @Wizler.8192 said:

> Same as before--spend real money to buy gems, then convert to gold. I have a good job and plenty of money. I'd rather spend an extra hour at work than several hours in-game farming or working the TP. Judge if you want but ArenaNet has provided this option to me.

No judgement here. And I hope not from anyone else. I'm grateful to people like you who support the game with their hard earned cash.

> @Wizler.8192 said:

> Same as before--spend real money to buy gems, then convert to gold. I have a good job and plenty of money. I'd rather spend an extra hour at work than several hours in-game farming or working the TP. Judge if you want but ArenaNet has provided this option to me.

Thank you and others like you for buying the gold we sell to get gems. If people weren’t buying gold with gems then no one could buy gems with gold to get the items in the gemstore free of real money.

> @ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

> > @Wizler.8192 said:

> > Same as before--spend real money to buy gems, then convert to gold. I have a good job and plenty of money. I'd rather spend an extra hour at work than several hours in-game farming or working the TP. Judge if you want but ArenaNet has provided this option to me.

>

> No judgement here. And I hope not from anyone else. I'm grateful to people like you who support the game with their hard earned cash.

I agree :)

• 2 months later...

We can't forget about the Mounts/Light Roasted Coffee (quickness after dismounting) that now assist us in farming, anet had to do something in regards to the quickened farming times we now have in PoF. I used to farm a little before PoF and now I see a huge difference mounts make with farming times. Seems like a fair action taken by anet in all regards.

It depends on how much time I have to do the bounty runs in PoF...if the group that I'm with manages to do 3 or 4 maps a night(I usually only end up doing 2 on work nights) then I can make anywhere from 3 - 5g, without selling anything, that's just from what little coin drops from each bounty...and since I almost buy nothing with it...

At this point I just farm Palawadan every 2 hours (then log off until the next one). I can do it 7-8 times a day. I work at home so I can hop on anytime! I make around 100g/day this way: I spend my Volatile Magic on Trophy Shipments and sell the mats. I also sell all unidentified gear because I have a bad luck with RNG. Some people ID them and get expensive exotics... I only get crap so I just sell everything, lol... And then we still have SW RIBA but Palawadan is shorter and I don't have to worry about missing a run because it's on a timer... I find it more comfortable. I guess Fractals are still good but I don't do them.

> @"ais.2547" said:

> I make 25 gold per day from selling all I got from grinding All world Boss [around 3 hours] and daily quest.

> I salvage all white, blue and green and sell all the materials.

I mostly do the same, but I just bank all the mats and have a blow-out sale once or twice a year.

I have not changed much my way to make gold: There are the 2 gold from daily, the 10 gold from crafting/selling to BLT (this income has decreased somewhat with PoF, but is still good enough), the rewards from fractals, from WvW and from PvE events. Usually, my daily income is between 10 and 20 gold.

Generally, I want to earn gold, but not at the cost of playing. What I mean is that I play what I feel for, because that's fun to me, or to be with friends. If it brings good gold in addition, fine, that's a nice bonus. But I never force myself to something with as only motivation the gold reward.

> @"circuitnerd.5863" said:

> Now that PoF as out and the prices of mats have changed dramatically over the past week, how are most people making their moolah? I used to salvage stuff and sell the mats on the tp but now those materials are almost worthless and I'm only making a few gold per day now. Whereas before I was making an average of 17 per day.

Fractals are still a source of liquid gold, a standard daily t4 run gives me 10-15g usually, not counting the stabilizing matrices and various other stuff.

Domain of Istan is hugely rewarding despite the low material prices. The two major contributors are unidentified gear and volatile magic, which you can convert to t6 mats. I think you can easily get 20+ g/hr there.

Technically if you're trying to optimize income these are probably your best bets. That being said, stuff like HoT metas, Silverwastes and PoF events/metas are also decent sources of income if you're looking for a change of pace and you're not bothered to maximize your profit. You can still gather winterberries for the Unbound Magic and convert it to t6 mats, if you're into that. Lots of ways, really.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> Fractals are still a source of liquid gold, a standard daily t4 run gives me 10-15g usually, not counting the stabilizing matrices and various other stuff.

When you say **standard daily t4 run** do you mean only 1 fractal or all 4 fractals?

Just to try to understand the time needed to complete everything.

> @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > Fractals are still a source of liquid gold, a standard daily t4 run gives me 10-15g usually, not counting the stabilizing matrices and various other stuff.

>

>

> When you say **standard daily t4 run** do you mean only 1 fractal or all 4 fractals?

> Just to try to understand the time needed to complete everything.

If you have a good group you can knock out all recs, all t4, cm99 and cm100 within an hour. If you don't have a good group, expect two to three hours.

> @"Blood Red Arachnid.2493" said:

> > @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > Fractals are still a source of liquid gold, a standard daily t4 run gives me 10-15g usually, not counting the stabilizing matrices and various other stuff.

> >

> >

> > When you say **standard daily t4 run** do you mean only 1 fractal or all 4 fractals?

> > Just to try to understand the time needed to complete everything.

>

> If you have a good group you can knock out all recs, all t4, cm99 and cm100 within an hour. If you don't have a good group, expect two to three hours.

So 6 fractals in less than 1 hour?

Or do cm 99 and cm 100 count as the daily t4 fractals?

> @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > @"Blood Red Arachnid.2493" said:

> > > @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > Fractals are still a source of liquid gold, a standard daily t4 run gives me 10-15g usually, not counting the stabilizing matrices and various other stuff.

> > >

> > >

> > > When you say **standard daily t4 run** do you mean only 1 fractal or all 4 fractals?

> > > Just to try to understand the time needed to complete everything.

> >

> > If you have a good group you can knock out all recs, all t4, cm99 and cm100 within an hour. If you don't have a good group, expect two to three hours.

>

> So 6 fractals in less than 1 hour?

> Or do cm 99 and cm 100 count as the daily t4 fractals?

The challenge motes are separate.

> @"Blood Red Arachnid.2493" said:

> > @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > > @"Blood Red Arachnid.2493" said:

> > > > @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > Fractals are still a source of liquid gold, a standard daily t4 run gives me 10-15g usually, not counting the stabilizing matrices and various other stuff.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > When you say **standard daily t4 run** do you mean only 1 fractal or all 4 fractals?

> > > > Just to try to understand the time needed to complete everything.

> > >

> > > If you have a good group you can knock out all recs, all t4, cm99 and cm100 within an hour. If you don't have a good group, expect two to three hours.

> >

> > So 6 fractals in less than 1 hour?

> > Or do cm 99 and cm 100 count as the daily t4 fractals?

>

> The challenge motes are separate.

Thank you very much.

Crafting is still a money fountain as long as you know what to craft. Some sigils and runes are way more profitable now than before PoF. Buy mats on TP and craft, you can make up to 5 gold per item and I can sell those over 10 items per day... Find your niche market and keep a pulse on the prices: gw2tp.com

• 2 months later...