Will we ever receive a new map for WvW?

Astrolicus.3716

> @"StrawHat.2639" said:

> I still believe the desert map failed because a lot of the beta testers weren't necessarily wvwers...to this day I still remember some guy named Docgotgame...streamer...giving out spots to his guildies with them all having barely any wvw exp to be in the beta test...and suggest the good and bad of the new map.

> At any rate, when it came live and the gang went in within 1 hr of roaming between all the barricades, size of map for a smaller server/pop and the blob blitz middle event for the ppt servers to cap all tiered up stuff, the shortcomings were plain as sand.

>

> The backlash when all wvwers had a chance to try it seemed to quell all anet's desire to give another one a go.

> They tried to make it more mobility friendly and such but the bad press was done so the speak...

>

> I don't mind dsbl but the major of the gang doesn't, easy to get lost asurians and the size of the map and often times the deadness of players in it.

>

> Anyways;

>

> The thing is the gang is still in wvw on a nightly basis yet that above streamer and guild long dead in wvw….

>

> I doubt we will get a new map unless in the next expansion or as a reskin of eotm or such.

Very true. I remember at release time, the southeast camp in DBL and the shrine directly north of it looked to be about 10-30 seconds apart from each other on the map, yet if you actually started at one and tried to travel to the other, the route was not direct (I believe there were no hay bales/people didn't know about them, nor was that cliff-side staircase present initially) and it ended up taking about 2-3 minutes to get from one to the other, either through navigating the labyrinthine scaffolding on the cliffs, or going first into the central jungle/oasis before heading back east. This was absolute garbage design and an example of what NOT to do with 3D complexity. Ever.

> @"Grim West.3194" said:

> Would like to see a new map (or maps) added to the rotation. Variety is the spice and all that.

>

> Desert is ok, it changes things up a bit. Main problem with Desert is it's size and that most WvW players seem to hate change.

+10000 here. Variety is the spice of life. Are we the same person on two different accounts? Stop stealing my lines. Though mounts bring back that hope of a new map.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the new maps

* Desert, despite its faults, is a really fun map with a lot of upsides (interesting, varied terrain, lots of opportunities for tactical play, both east and west keeps can be trebbed safely from each southern camp, rewards you for knowing its secrets like siege spots, hiding spots, hay piles)

* EotM looks amazing and has awesome flat open fight spots, yet isn't boring. It'd be a fun map if it were actually used competitively rather than its former incarnation as a k-train, or current incarnation as a ghost town.

* semi-related, but the new PvP maps look great and have good flow.

... but truthfully, we'll never get a new one. Desert went over so badly with most of the population, they'll never try again. It's kind of a shame because they spend so much time building HUUUUGE PvE maps that people play for a week or two and move on from, but we've been playing the same WvW maps for like 6 years.