how viable is condi for all around pve

Tora.7214

hi, i would like to try d/d condi soulbeast, however before spending money on crafting a viper set i wanted to know, from those that have tested it, how viable is the build for all escenario pve? that is, raid, open world, and fractal (specially interested in this one to see if it can replace my fractal character) and how is its surviability? with power i managed to hold myself pretty well thanks to the extra vit from marauder and utility, but from what i seen, condi SB trades all surviability on its utilities for everything that can increase damage and seems that you even have to cap on beastmode, losing you pet tanking hits for you

You lose too much damage by going d//d, a big part of cRanger and cSoulbeast damage comes from the combination of the trait quick draw (after swapping weapons, your first spell will get a 66% reduced cool down) and the torch spell bonfire. You always want to have your rotation so that you can quick draw bonfire. Then you have all the other filler attacks apply bleed and poison stacks which adds up to your massive condi dps. This is of course written with raids and and high end fractals in mind. For open world you can experiment and try whatever you like, but to have the most optimal dps you should go by the advice I wrote.

D/T + SB for solo targets, in structured groups, when you now how to play and can sustain meele dmg. For everything else, A/T + SB.

Dagger MH is a high risk low reward weapon. It gives you a slight dmg increase compared to Axe MH.

Dagger OH is not worth mentioning for general PvE content. Torch is absolute superior to anything else for condi ranger specs atm.

If you want to go d/d, you can. It's up to you. You just have to accept that it's going to take more effort on your part to find groups and put up acceptable dps.

For an easier time finding groups and completing content without ever having to explain yourself, follow the meta.

> @Vacant.4159 said:

> If you want to go d/d, you can. It's up to you. You just have to accept that it's going to take more effort on your part to find groups and put up acceptable dps.

>

> For an easier time finding groups and completing content without ever having to explain yourself, follow the meta.

Because 24k DPS is unacceptable. Oh, the horrors of being casual!

On topic: Off-hand dagger and torch deal remarkably similar DPS without the use of Quickdraw. Light on Your Feet is a good trait if you're running Shortbow, even if as a secondary weapon when melee is too dangerous.

If you manage your evades and ranges well, Ranger's natural survivability more than makes up for the full glass Viper's gear.

> @"Diak Atoli.2085" said:

> > @Vacant.4159 said:

> > If you want to go d/d, you can. It's up to you. You just have to accept that it's going to take more effort on your part to find groups and put up acceptable dps.

> >

> > For an easier time finding groups and completing content without ever having to explain yourself, follow the meta.

>

> Because 24k DPS is unacceptable. Oh, the horrors of being casual!

>

> On topic: Off-hand dagger and torch deal remarkably similar DPS without the use of Quickdraw. Light on Your Feet is a good trait if you're running Shortbow, even if as a secondary weapon when melee is too dangerous.

>

> If you manage your evades and ranges well, Ranger's natural survivability more than makes up for the full glass Viper's gear.

The quicker you kill stuff the less chance it has to kill you.

That said, I've been playing power soulbeast, and the lack of AoE/sustain really hurts, especially in the desert. I've been thinking about switching to a viper/condi build, bit I dunno if it will make a huge impact on my survival. Maybe with that life siphoning poison trait.

> @Quarktastic.1027 said:

> > @"Diak Atoli.2085" said:

> > > @Vacant.4159 said:

> > > If you want to go d/d, you can. It's up to you. You just have to accept that it's going to take more effort on your part to find groups and put up acceptable dps.

> > >

> > > For an easier time finding groups and completing content without ever having to explain yourself, follow the meta.

> >

> > Because 24k DPS is unacceptable. Oh, the horrors of being casual!

> >

> > On topic: Off-hand dagger and torch deal remarkably similar DPS without the use of Quickdraw. Light on Your Feet is a good trait if you're running Shortbow, even if as a secondary weapon when melee is too dangerous.

> >

> > If you manage your evades and ranges well, Ranger's natural survivability more than makes up for the full glass Viper's gear.

>

> The quicker you kill stuff the less chance it has to kill you.

>

> That said, I've been playing power soulbeast, and the lack of AoE/sustain really hurts, especially in the desert. I've been thinking about switching to a viper/condi build, bit I dunno if it will make a huge impact on my survival. Maybe with that life siphoning poison trait.

How were you building Power Soulbeast? I found WS/BM/SB to do pretty well at sustain if you use Wilderness Knowledge and Survival skills.

As for sustain on a Viper's build; between the AA, Dagger #2, Dagger #4, and Viper's Nest, Predator's Cunning does wonders keeping me healthy.