Strictly heals for pvp!

Zafan.2960

Hey everyone! Returning to GW2 after years of not playing (And even then I was only level 40) and I wanted to get advice on a healer to choose!

In other mmorpgs, I love being healer in pvp. I'm pretty average in dps but it's fun to follow someone or a party and keep them alive while they wreck havoc lol.

From what I've seen, it looks like Firebrand and tempest may be the way to go based on the research I've seen. But I'd love to hear more from you vets out there. I'm probably gonna do more spvp than wvw but I'll still try my luck.

Thanks in advance!

> @"pah.4931" said:

> FB is the best right now.

>

> Solo-q as support can be really frustrating (depending on your goals), so try to find a good team fighter friend to duo-q. Necro is team fight king right now, I believe.

Is it because since GW2 doesn't have a "Trinity" class system that most MMORPGs do, so most people just go DPS?

> @"Zafan.2960" said:

> Hey everyone! Returning to GW2 after years of not playing (And even then I was only level 40) and I wanted to get advice on a healer to choose!

>

> In other mmorpgs, I love being healer in pvp. I'm pretty average in dps but it's fun to follow someone or a party and keep them alive while they wreck havoc lol.

>

> From what I've seen, it looks like Firebrand and tempest may be the way to go based on the research I've seen. But I'd love to hear more from you vets out there. I'm probably gonna do more spvp than wvw but I'll still try my luck.

>

> Thanks in advance!

>

Firebrand is the way to go. If you're going to do Ranked however, either duo with a good team damage fighter you can rely on to help win fights, keep an eye out for good reliable team damage dealers you can duo with partner with them.

Maybe ask Arken.3725 in particular for advice. The guy exclusively plays FB from what I've seen and placed 13th on the leaderboard last time so he probably has some advice on ranked with Firebrand Support in particular. A lot of players who really want to climb tend to favor 1vX builds like Boonbeast, Spellbreaker, Mirage and Holo (Who is more of a team fighter but a good enough 1vX) because they have far easier carry potential.

Thanks for all the help guys!

Last main question since this games pvp is different from others... Most mmorpg require a healer in a group like arenas or battleground type games. Is it the same here? Like I said, I rolled heals in other games but that's because they are required.

Thanks again.

Btw, Outside of occasional PvE with a friend or so, I plan on going straight to PvP. (Even as early as soon as hitting level 2 lol) I know gear doesnt matter, however when choosing weapons, it only has what I started with. Is it safe to say I should play PvE until I have access to all the different kinds of weapons and then jump into PvP so I can have the skills of each weapon? Or at least find a build with the weapons I need and find some basic ones in PvE and then jump into PvP?

Ventari tablet 8 skill can heal for 5ks in pvp, but bunker revenant doesn't even protect vs. burst in the first place. Doesn't give team aegis, reliable stability, isn't very good at condi cleanse either. Only saving grace is probably dwarf ultimate which gives 50% mitigation vs. power and condition damage. But all in all, it literally it dies to chain CCs. So yeah, your best bet is Guardian/Firebrand because they actually help your team through chain CCs and burst damage. Guard is kinda better at cleaning condis too.

> @"Zafan.2960" said:

> Thanks again.

>

> Btw, Outside of occasional PvE with a friend or so, I plan on going straight to PvP. (Even as early as soon as hitting level 2 lol) I know gear doesnt matter, however when choosing weapons, it only has what I started with. Is it safe to say I should play PvE until I have access to all the different kinds of weapons and then jump into PvP so I can have the skills of each weapon? Or at least find a build with the weapons I need and find some basic ones in PvE and then jump into PvP?

All weapons in PvP function like they were lvl 80 Exotic weapons, and there's a vendor in the PvP lobby that sells the white variety of all weapons which cost a few silver each. That's why in this game you can jump into PvP right after doing the "tutorial" that gets you to level 2. The lobby has everything you need.

That said, you may want to get a feel for how the game/your class works before jumping into PvP. Best of luck to you, and remember to have a thick skin! Just the nature of PvP that some people just go there to mine salt.