I don't know.. Staff is so meh

leasm.1279

> @Nyel.1843 said:

> Well, I'm not getting used to Warhorn. What's the benefit (in PvE)? With Focus I can stack Vuln and remove Boons if I want to, with Axe it's quite strong imho. Warhorn is something I never touch because I feel it's really bad - if someone can convince me to use it I will, so what are the main benefits?

The benefit in pve is good lf generation and of course good cc for breakbars.

• 3 weeks later...

> @leasm.1279 said:

> I use staff on my reaper. But of course not as main weapon, just for its range, for taking some breath before re-engaging into melee. Many players still use staff for the range, but just because people use it, it does not mean it should not be improved. It is clearly a meh weapon, and the least improved weapon in all these years.

>

> I mean: I switch to staff, unleash all marks, then switch back. Wish to have more reasons to stay a little longer. Maybe some life steal on auto? Or some more boon support? Or some finisher on a lower cooldown mark? Any ideas?

There is regen on staff 2 but the problem i see is that it requires someone to trigger it. The auto needs to be faster, maybe 1/2 second like a lot of other staff auto skills, since it doesn't track, or make it a homing attack to make it actually worth staying on staff.

The marks need something else. I get that they are traps and we can trait them to be unblockable, but that it, if people or mobs go around them then they're useless. Would like to see a passive effect upon putting out a mark, or have 2 rolled into 3 and have a new skill for 2.

staff is good for tag , WvWvW(marks on the walls in a offensive attack you see it all the time) and condition Necros and more so Reaper(i know there is the scepter but hear me out) . skill 1 is probably the most bland i find. if it had a condition or something linked to it i would like it more. , Mark of Blood is good if you got some good condition duration as the bleed can last a very long time starting with a high 8 second bleed. the regen buff is kind of useless though considering most marks do not have any buffs. more stacks of bleed or something i would prefer but it is still good. Chillblain is really good on Condi Reapers. basically it feels like a upgraded Mark Of Blood on one. it also has the bonus of poison field which can rack up a bit more extra damage and help reduce healing of foes. Putrid Mark seems like the odd one out being a mark that removes conditions off you and gives it to foes. it has its uses though and has helped many times but it maeks you tihnk when you hear putrid something like poison or something. Reapers Mark also has a nice use on Reapers having the fear do chilled . with that trait you just see the bar of some bosses meter just fly down with it. I feel there are some weapons i feel need rework over the staff in the necromancer tree as the staff does work it just is not as appealing to look at skill wise i guess. just placing marks on the floor instead of giant hands grabbing foes or giant big green teeth biting a foe.