Parting Ways with the Viper, help?

Dakk.8025

So I've been playing Ranger for years now. Playing an Always melded Soulbeast since PoF. Have Druid and Soulbeast Mastered. Never been one for crafting, I've made my money selling crafting mats up to now. I've started working on the Charged Quartz Crystals to make Celestial Insignias for an Exotic armor set. But want to craft an ascended set now that I've gathered 500g.

I Mainly PvE, but do kind of want to at least be viable for taking camps solo in WvW but is secondary. I mainly play Dagger/Torch & Longbow. I do NOT really like playing Axes or Main Hand Sword. I'm looking to maybe even switch up my Second weapon from Longbow into a more useful option given I can raise my power and survivability. I could maybe be convinced of an axe or so, but I've always thought the skills were weird. I tend to use Moa + Griffon Stance + The quickness from Dagger/Traits to mad crit (w/ Stance Share in groups). My original soulbeast D/Wh build was able to keep Regen, Fury, Swiftness, and Might up Indefinitely for the group, but had the timers nerfed.

I been considering the "Commander's", or "Vigilant" attribute combinations, because they seem like they would work for perusing the open world solo as a spike capable melee ranger. I don't necessarily need all that Condition damage, even with dagger, because of how much time I spend with the quickness and swiftness bonus on in combat. More strikes now can kill faster than DoT that can be cleansed. Wanderer ran a close runner up but might be overkill on the health.

I'm looking for more suvivability than I have with Exotic Viper Armor and Ascended Zerker Trinkets. And I'll sacrifice the condition damage that comes with my Exotic Viper's Armor set. I've had my power up to high 2600, just about 2700 (maybe 2704 once) power with Exotic Viper's Armor and Ascended Zerker Trinkets.

If I can get power well in excess of 2700 while melded with my Arctodus and still be able to take more hits I'd be set to really get it. My Mistfire Wolf saves me a lot because it gives me a strong pet while still melded.

Has the Commander's set been pretty viable in the past? It sounds good for my core Guardian too. I'm willing to blow 400g on the full set if I have to. I know typically in PvE you can use just about whatever and be fine, but still.

Commanders is fine but I'd argue it's better just to run marader, with durability runes, throw in moa stance and boom all the books you could ever need.

Maybe a few commanders pices would be fine I'd stop after I got 10% boon durtation and would plug in zerker or maurader.

(Condition soulbeast and core sucks in wvw better to go druid if you go down that way and if you do go apocthory/dire/trailblazers)

> @"Eleazar.9478" said:

> Commanders is fine but I'd argue it's better just to run marauder, with durability runes, throw in moa stance and boom all the books you could ever need.

>

> Maybe a few commanders pieces would be fine I'd stop after I got 10% boon duration and would plug in zerker or maruader.

>

> (Condition soulbeast and core sucks in wvw better to go druid if you go down that way and if you do go apothocary/dire/trailblazers)

See I had actually considered Trailblazer, seems like it could be fun even if not the end all. You bring up a point about runes, and that I tend to not factor those in until after I've settled on the stats. So If I consider before hand it could work a bit slicker for a nuanced build.

I'm considering Vigilant for concentration and expertise (for non bleeding/poison attacks). I have Ascended Zerker Trinkets already so I can pop those in and out.