No skills until spec traits complete?

Biff.5312

I just used a lvl 80 boost for a revanant, and sunk 70 hps into the renegade spec. I thought that should do to get going, and I'd collect the rest of the hps needed with a couple of traits missing. But lo - I have NO renegade skills and they're greyed out if I try to select them. Do you only get access to them when the spec line is complete? I don't even have a heal, so I have to use a different legend until I can finish up. But I want to make sure this is normal first.

They start after your first complete trait line (at least for PoF specs). In the case of Renegade, after you get Lasting Legacy, you start getting two skills then three traits until you reach the elite skill.

Edit:

And skills cost more (15 HP's, I think) so there's that too.

> @"Biff.5312" said:

> Yeah I see now you get them as you progress up the trait line. KInda sucks because I'm playing to get HPs with no skill bar for renegade. It's a bit harder but I'll manage.

You should just use the Mallyx/Shiro variant until you get Kalla unlocked... Problem solved.

Change your legends, you can use the renegade spec without using kalla. The opposite is not doable, and that's why they changed the way you learn your elite specs.

Hot specs give you utilities mingled with traits, so you could have a couple of utilities, but your spec line would just have adept traits. This was far more difficult to play with as you are missing traits from your build, whereas missing utilities can be swapped for something you have already.

> @"Biff.5312" said:

> > @"narcx.3570" said:

>

> > You should just use the Mallyx/Shiro variant until you get Kalla unlocked... Problem solved.

>

> Nah I wanted to use the bow I'd already equipped - so I just kept it on Mallyx. It only took about half an hour to get the HPS to max.

Mallyx/Shiro uses Bow and F-skills, just not the Kalla Legend. It's actually slightly higher dps than Kalla/Mallyx if you're playing solo or are in a group with another Kalla-Ren.

> @"narcx.3570" said:

> > @"Biff.5312" said:

> > > @"narcx.3570" said:

> >

> > > You should just use the Mallyx/Shiro variant until you get Kalla unlocked... Problem solved.

> >

> > Nah I wanted to use the bow I'd already equipped - so I just kept it on Mallyx. It only took about half an hour to get the HPS to max.

>

> Mallyx/Shiro uses Bow and F-skills, just not the Kalla Legend. It's actually slightly higher dps than Kalla/Mallyx if you're playing solo or are in a group with another Kalla-Ren.

Oh I see what you mean, I thought you meant don't even use the trait line yet, in which case using shortbow would not be permitted. Either way, thanks for the tip -I'll try using those two even now when I have full trait line, see how that goes.