WvW needs gear stat grind (hear me out) ya i know

Eleazar.9478

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Having better stats than your opponents is a crutch. It's far more satisfying to win against superior numbers with the same stats. Then it's all down to skill+build.

The only way I could support this is if it was an insignificant amount (like, 1 stat point per 1000 hours of grinding or something equally ridiculous). I know some people need "progression" to keep them interested, so if that's what it takes, then sure.

> @"coro.3176" said:

> Having better stats than your opponents is a crutch. It's far more satisfying to win against superior numbers with the same stats. Then it's all down to skill+build.

>

> The only way I could support this is if it was an insignificant amount (like, 1 stat point per 1000 hours of grinding or something equally ridiculous). I know some people need "progression" to keep them interested, so if that's what it takes, then sure.

I'm pretty much in agreement with you on your first point, I made this cause people seem to care more about the grind they did for stats. This causes a Hill as newer player to reach but when you reach the top it completely flattens out, I really wish they would just choose either super balanced for everyone or go all in on the grind, and to be fair it's me looking at the success of it's peers that make me feel this way. Whatever wvw is doing I don't think it's doing it well.

> @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> Lets see.... My viable builds in no particular order:

>

> 1.) P/P scrapper (only issue is vs condi mirage and those eles that can cleanse all condis in under 5 seconds lol...all else it rocks)

> 2.) Marauder/Valk DPS Mirage

> 3.) Staff/LB Druid

> 4.) Hammer Scrapper (Knights/Marauder)

> 5.) Hammer/GS Core Warrior

all of those builds have been in pvp and even on metabattle and are not as strong due the focus on point rotation not the amulet system

1) p/p used to be very good just relies to much on single target damage, why do that whn you can just go power and do aoe point

2) theres mulitple power mesmers in pvp condi is just easier to use and a bit stronger

3) used to meta AF, the pros ran that often just soulbeast does better area denial (an issue with the point focus not the amulet)

4) i was actually really shocked this aint on there i see them quite often in pvp since the last balance update (they run palidns or demolishers basically the same thing)

5) hammer has a hard time replaceing sheild and full counter is too good on points to give up once gain nothing to do with an amulet system

I also brought up metbattle as its a good snap shot does it cover everything no is it gospel no but it does give you an idea of what people are running those builds

> @"Eleazar.9478" said:

> > @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

>

> > Lets see.... My viable builds in no particular order:

> >

> > 1.) P/P scrapper (only issue is vs condi mirage and those eles that can cleanse all condis in under 5 seconds lol...all else it rocks)

> > 2.) Marauder/Valk DPS Mirage

> > 3.) Staff/LB Druid

> > 4.) Hammer Scrapper (Knights/Marauder)

> > 5.) Hammer/GS Core Warrior

>

> all of those builds have been in pvp and even on metabattle and are not as strong due the focus on point rotation not the amulet system

> 1) p/p used to be very good just relies to much on single target damage, why do that whn you can just go power and do aoe point

> 2) theres mulitple power mesmers in pvp condi is just easier to use and a bit stronger

> 3) used to meta AF, the pros ran that often just soulbeast does better area denial (an issue with the point focus not the amulet)

> 4) i was actually really shocked this aint on there i see them quite often in pvp since the last balance update (they run palidns or demolishers basically the same thing)

> 5) hammer has a hard time replaceing sheild and full counter is too good on points to give up once gain nothing to do with an amulet system

> I also brought up metbattle as its a good snap shot does it cover everything no is it gospel no but it does give you an idea of what people are running those builds

>

>

>

My job was to point out that there are viable builds thats not on meta sites atm that do work (most of these work better in WvW). I have done what I was asked so ty and have a good day good sir and/or madam :)