[Suggestion] Update/Enhance Existing Zones vs. Creating New Ones

When you added up all the zones from the core game, HOT, POF, and LWS3-4, I think it would be great for Anet to take a break from creating a new map every single LW episode and instead, apply support and updates to existing maps that really need some love!

This is to bring a ton of empty maps (especially looking at you POF & Orr maps) up to par with the heavily populated ones . Support can include increased rewards, event chests, new dynamic events & event chains, new foes, NEW WORLD BOSSES, more Ascended gear merchants with specific attribute sets, visual tweaks to the environments to show change, etc. After all, this is supposed to be a LIVING - BREATHING every changing world right? We already have so many maps in the game and we don't need to thin out the population any further... I'd love to see many empty maps be as great as Auric Basin, Bitterfrost Frontier, SW, etc. I love the design and beauty of the POF maps and I wish there would be more incentive and reason to return time and time again. Bounties are just not always cutting it!

I think what made HOT very enjoyable for a huge chunk of the community is its replay-ability value through rewarding and massively fun Meta Dynamic Events. They're fun and rewarding.

Thoughts?

> @"Aediph.2873" said:

> Everytime I'm running around Kessex Hills, I'm reminded of how it used to look. That conflict devastated the landscape.

> ![](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/b/b5/Tower_of_Nightmares_%28old%29.jpg "")

>

> Every now and then I wonder if we'll see any future changes to the area, for better or worse.

Yeah the Tower of Nightmare update is large scale example of what I'm thinking of... towns can be destroyed or built, merchants come and go, new factions arise to fight new foes... etc.

> @"draconicrose.6213" said:

> It'd be cool if they did this with new releases, expanding and changing existing maps to fit the story, like they apparently did to Dry Top back in the day.

I'd really enjoy this. The LW should return to some old maps and create something new out of them. The occasional LeyLine Anomaly event and "Side Stories" Bandit Executioner pop ups have been successful but we should get main story connections too.