Are Scourges a joke Anet?

Harry Foud.1935

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @RapidSausage.4620 said:

> Cc them, not a lot of stabs

4 second CD on an instant cast 2 condi clear ability only hard stuns work but to be fair they dont have a lot of stun break. if you land a stun on them after they have dropped whatever stunbreak they have on their bar while they dont have a barrier up you can do some damage. but a GOOD scourge will pop Sand Cascade after being forced to use his stunbreak so dont double tap the CC it will be wasted especially if they took trail of anguish as their stunbreak since it comes with a stab stack.

OP has not really grasped any idea of Scourge. To much support ? Iv tried with full HP -Gear Shaman,Seraph stuff aso and Barriers wont keep u alive yet a full grp. The dmg is there and its strong but for survive I rather have my SHROUD back, for support ? well was a nice idea that just dont work and 27% Nerf to Desert Enpowerment kinda haltet that.

Get a grip son

> @Amityel.5324 said:

> scourge was so easy to faceroll pple in pvp I gotta stopped playing my necro cause it became boring tbh

Wow, it seems like you are looking for a challenge!!! Try scourge, reaper or necromancer in raids, you won't be facerolling anything. You'll be lucky even to find a decent squad to raid with. Then comeback and tell us how fun it was for you. GL!

> @Ravezaar.4951 said:

> OP has not really grasped any idea of Scourge. To much support ? Iv tried with full HP -Gear Shaman,Seraph stuff aso and Barriers wont keep u alive yet a full grp. The dmg is there and its strong but for survive I rather have my SHROUD back, for support ? well was a nice idea that just dont work and 27% Nerf to Desert Enpowerment kinda haltet that.

>

> Get a grip son

Well i killed vabbi legendaries and i really didn't even have to dodge any attacks. Condi dps is so high that parasitic contagion keep you alive no matter what you do.

lol, every class can ran away easily from scourge, because scourge is slowliest class in the game. whole scourge just have 1 stack stability on trail of anguish.

everytime everyone is crying about necro classes dmg. WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY not everyone is crying about the things that necros dont have...

-> blocks (guardian,warrior, mesmer, ranger, ele, rev, engi, also thiefs has)

-> invuls (guardian, warrior, mesmer, ranger, ele, rev, engi has)

-> invis (mesmer, ranger engi, thief has)

-> teleports without looooooooong casttime (guardian, mesmer, ele, thief has)

-> massive dodges (thiefs,thiefs,thiefs,thiefs has)

since 5 fucking years the trolls are flaming necro to the ground and anet follow that. if necro looses also his dmg, this class has NOTHING left to use...

but okay,you can take away necromancers dmg if you take away the things above from the other classes too...

> @borrok.9267 said:

> It does have good burst, yes. Consider what the burst is making up for.

The condi pressure isn't just "burst", but whatever. You're refering to the lack of sustain, I imagine?

Every time in gw2's history when necros got some over the top damage buff some people made that exact same argument: we need damage because our defense sucks.

And every time they couldn't have been more wrong.

Barriers are no where near as tanky as Shrouds. And the only reason it's not blatently obvious how squishy Scourges are, is because their broken op damage makes it difficult to counterpressure them.

And no, this is not balanced. One does not compensate for the lack of the other. If the damage is op, nerf it. If there's not enough sustain, buff it.

> @flow.6043 said:

> Barriers are no where near as tanky as Shrouds. And the only reason it's not blatently obvious how squishy Scourges are, is because their broken op damage makes it difficult to counterpressure them.

The only real thing that bother other players is the sheer amount of boon corruption that the scourge dish out. That's where lie the issue, it's not the condi damage that hurt it's the fact that you are striped naked from your boons and punished with conditions on top of that. Except, most players just see the damages.

> @Zero.3871 said:

> WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY not everyone is crying about the things that necros dont have...

We do.... All the necromancers do.... all the time since release of the game....

Devs dont give a kitten that necros missing 50% of class wide mechanics all the other classes have by now.......

so they buff our dmg to compensate that we lack in every existing thing...... then they forget that it was for compensating and then nerfs our dmg to average state thx to all the Whiners... so we are back doing the same dmg or even worse like all the other classes except we lack 50% of the stuff these other classes also have....

BALANCE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

> @flow.6043 said:

> > @Ryouzanpaku.1273 said:

> > L2P issue - ranged is pretty much hard counter for Scourge (well played ranged to be specific :)

>

> Actually, with Manifest and Sand Savant you get 1200 range on Shades. Also, there's even more range on staff, so most of the time you can out-range ranged classes as Scourge. Or just line of sight.

> So yeah... "l2p - ranged is hard counter". Irony.

First of all: You are talking about WvW. It's a Dire/Trailblazer issue. Condi Reaper is as overpowered as Condi Scourge in WvW.

The tons of small 2k barriers the Scourge can spam become overpowered with 3k armor.

Non-Toughness Scourges are easy to burst. Viper Scourges are laughable easy to kill.

Nevertheless your ranged arguments are still semi-correct. A few nights ago one single roaming Trailblazer Scourge wrecked the 5 remaining people on our server over and over again. I switched to Rifle-Deadeye and could kill him but his Sand Savant and Staff spams did still hurt because due to his tankyness he had a lot of time for counterpressue as even my Marauder Deadeye could only peel him slowly to death. But he was nowhere near to kill me. I just had to put some effort in the fight - but it was more than you would expect of a range specialized build.

> @KrHome.1920 said:

> > @flow.6043 said:

> > > @Ryouzanpaku.1273 said:

> A few nights ago one single roaming Trailblazer Scourge wrecked the 5 remaining people on our server over and over

1 by 1 or as a group... if as a group... then they should never ever again touch pvp or get to max level 1st..............

there is no freaking way that as a group of 5 could not take out a Scourge in a matter of seconds...........

> @Zoltreez.6435 said:

> > @KrHome.1920 said:

> > > @flow.6043 said:

> > > > @Ryouzanpaku.1273 said:

> > A few nights ago one single roaming Trailblazer Scourge wrecked the 5 remaining people on our server over and over

>

> 1 by 1 or as a group... if as a group... then they should never ever again touch pvp or get to max level 1st..............

>

> there is no freaking way that as a group of 5 could not take out a Scourge in a matter of seconds...........

No one was talking about a group fight. 5 people on 5 different classes and builds ran into him in 1v1 fights a few times. And he countered everyone.

And I finally switched to the ranged spec with the most mobility and could kill him - but definitly not with ease and with heavy utilization of Rifle 4 shadowstep to kite him.

And again: I don't care about Scourges current state. In sPvP it has multiple counters.

I care about tanky condi gear. Lot's of builds on different classes are broken on Trailblazer. Scourge is just one of them.

> @flow.6043 said:

> > @"Harry Foud.1935" said:

> > too much support ... and mobility.

>

> lol

>

> > @Ryouzanpaku.1273 said:

> > L2P issue - ranged is pretty much hard counter for Scourge (well played ranged to be specific :)

>

> Actually, with Manifest and Sand Savant you get 1200 range on Shades. Also, there's even more range on staff, so most of the time you can out-range ranged classes as Scourge. Or just line of sight.

> So yeah... "l2p - ranged is hard counter". Irony.

>

> Btw, even though OP obviously doesn't know what he's talking about, he's right about one thing: Scourge's damage and condi pressure is stupid overpowered, and everyone who tries to defend it is either ignorant or in denial.

>

> Remember how people complained about Dhuumfire when it was first implemented in 2013? Remember how people complained about the HoT power creep? Remember the old Deathly Chills when you would routinely see 20-30k chill damage in your death log?

> Take all of that combined and compare it to Scourge: it's like a fart vs a hurricane.

> Scourge is currently the single biggest offender in how PvP deteriorated into a no-skill aoe spam fest.

Range still stays at 900, meaning that scourges can still get out ranged easily. Staff is 1200 range, however the damage is fairly weak overall. The only use it more of the utility (fear, condi transfer, chill and a bit of the weakest condis)

> @Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

> > @flow.6043 said:

> > > @"Harry Foud.1935" said:

> > > too much support ... and mobility.

> >

> > lol

> >

> > > L2P issue - ranged is pretty much hard counter for Scourge (well played ranged to be specific :)

> >

> > Actually, with Manifest and Sand Savant you get 1200 range on Shades. Also, there's even more range on staff, so most of the time you can out-range ranged classes as Scourge. Or just line of sight.

> > So yeah... "l2p - ranged is hard counter". Irony.

> >

> > Btw, even though OP obviously doesn't know what he's talking about, he's right about one thing: Scourge's damage and condi pressure is stupid overpowered, and everyone who tries to defend it is either ignorant or in denial.

> >

> > Remember how people complained about Dhuumfire when it was first implemented in 2013? Remember how people complained about the HoT power creep? Remember the old Deathly Chills when you would routinely see 20-30k chill damage in your death log?

> > Take all of that combined and compare it to Scourge: it's like a fart vs a hurricane.

> > Scourge is currently the single biggest offender in how PvP deteriorated into a no-skill aoe spam fest.

>

> Range still stays at 900, meaning that scourges can still get out ranged easily. Staff is 1200 range, however the damage is fairly weak overall. The only use it more of the utility (fear, condi transfer, chill and a bit of the weakest condis)

No he isnt wrong. The shades have 900 range plus the 300 radius of the circle allows you to hit enemies at 1200 range.

> @Muchacho.2390 said:

> > @Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

> > > @flow.6043 said:

> > > > @"Harry Foud.1935" said:

> > > > too much support ... and mobility.

> > >

> > > lol

> > >

> > > > @Ryouzanpaku.1273 said:

> > > > L2P issue - ranged is pretty much hard counter for Scourge (well played ranged to be specific :)

> > >

> > > Actually, with Manifest and Sand Savant you get 1200 range on Shades. Also, there's even more range on staff, so most of the time you can out-range ranged classes as Scourge. Or just line of sight.

> > > So yeah... "l2p - ranged is hard counter". Irony.

> > >

> > > Btw, even though OP obviously doesn't know what he's talking about, he's right about one thing: Scourge's damage and condi pressure is stupid overpowered, and everyone who tries to defend it is either ignorant or in denial.

> > >

> > > Remember how people complained about Dhuumfire when it was first implemented in 2013? Remember how people complained about the HoT power creep? Remember the old Deathly Chills when you would routinely see 20-30k chill damage in your death log?

> > > Take all of that combined and compare it to Scourge: it's like a fart vs a hurricane.

> > > Scourge is currently the single biggest offender in how PvP deteriorated into a no-skill aoe spam fest.

> >

> > Range still stays at 900, meaning that scourges can still get out ranged easily. Staff is 1200 range, however the damage is fairly weak overall. The only use it more of the utility (fear, condi transfer, chill and a bit of the weakest condis)

>

> No he isnt wrong. The shades have 900 range plus the 300 radius of the circle allows you to hit enemies at 1200 range.

Ahh, i stand corrected

The damage doesn't bother me. But the radius of sand shades is... obscene. This meta makes me sick.

Every single time two scourges in one team and two scourges in the other. It makes players in pvp drop like flies. Not only the point on a PvP map is covered in sand shades but everything around as well. Crazy amounts of torment do not allow players to even leave the area. ANet do something with it either inscrease the recharge of sand shades so people stop spamming it or decrease the radius.

Never played scourge , just faced it.

Gotta say i play almost mesmer only -> I got the range

If scourges place there shades on me, i'll just dodge + sword ambush. Normal classes can achieve that with a normal dodge.

If the third shade comes, use ur mobility spell.

After that, u got 10 seconds time, which is exactly one dodge.

Outplay first 3 Shades = win.

Walkin in like a berzerk, wondering what those aoe fields arround u are = loose.

> @Dadnir.5038 said:

> The only real thing that bother other players is the sheer amount of boon corruption that the scourge dish out.

Not true. It is a factor, but scourge doesn't corrupt a lot more than reapers or core builds. This is a matter of traits and skills or course, but the potential is there for all specs.

> @KrHome.1920 said:

> > @flow.6043 said:

> > > L2P issue - ranged is pretty much hard counter for Scourge (well played ranged to be specific :)

> >

> > Actually, with Manifest and Sand Savant you get 1200 range on Shades. Also, there's even more range on staff, so most of the time you can out-range ranged classes as Scourge. Or just line of sight.

> > So yeah... "l2p - ranged is hard counter". Irony.

> First of all: You are talking about WvW. It's a Dire/Trailblazer issue. Condi Reaper is as overpowered as Condi Scourge in WvW.

Not sure how you made that connection.

I merely mentioned some of our skill's range, so my statement applies to both PvP and WvW. But I was actually thinking about PvP when I wrote it.

> A few nights ago one single roaming Trailblazer Scourge wrecked the 5 remaining people on our server over and over again.

That actually tells me more about the skill level of those 5 people than the strength of scourge.

There is no build on any class that can 1v2 on equal skill.