upcoming patch theory crafting, Burn/sage druid for pvp

Eleazar.9478

just a **_gimmick_** I want to maybe try something, any thoughts, given the spirit changes and the fact the active can casted at your location and multiple times might be something there.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNAsfWjEqQ7K2sCmsAXLWYEsmHQnLEwUAOaBA4m6Utreyyi3K-jZhAQBd4IAYz9HAwpAQilB24DAAA

EDIT* the roatation would be precast trap, pre cast spririt intiate fight with staff for burn triggers, bait enemy to trap, staff 4, swap, torch 5,4 cast flame again, pop spirit active, ramapage to counter any cc, repeat

Whenever I fiddle with Druid builds, I find it so difficult not to use Shortbow with Hidden Barbs and Light on your Feet. Because, let's be honest, you're going to be using Ancient Seeds anyway.

But I'm a little infatuated with Druid and bleeding at the moment... a 14.5k bleeding damage trap is difficult to pass by.

Yet this does look like an interesting concept... I'd be concerned that, for a burn-centered build, it doesn't burn _enough_. You could switch Refined Toxins out for Ambidexterity and get your Torch 4 and 5 off more often to help offset that. Could also try Superior Rune of Balthazar instead if you go the Shortbow route, as you appear to be exploiting Sword skills for lots of Quickness with your Firebrand rune.

Looks neat.

> @"Eleazar.9478" said:

> just a **_gimmick_** I want to maybe try something, any thoughts, given the spirit changes and the fact the active can casted at your location and multiple times might be something there.

>

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNAsfWjEqQ7K2sCmsAXLWYEsmHQnLEwUAOaBA4m6Utreyyi3K-jZhAQBd4IAYz9HAwpAQilB24DAAA

>

> EDIT* the roatation would be precast trap, pre cast spririt intiate fight with staff for burn triggers, bait enemy to trap, staff 4, swap, torch 5,4 cast flame again, pop spirit active, ramapage to counter any cc, repeat

until we are able to test how the spirits works i would not say they are viable in any situation.

After reading how other classes got buffed, Spirits actives and passives need to be actually buffed somehow, having in mind those spirits (until said otherwise) are 7k health minions with 2 second skill cast. Unless they become like the engi Gyros (unkillable) their actives and passives need to be buffed.

Keep in mind sun spirit passive buff will only apply burning once every 8 seconds (the internal ICD) and now it must be fairly close to you (which means it will die before you will be able to use it).

For the info we have been provided i'm puzzled how is ignored the fact spirits can be easily killed and CC'ed.

> @"Lydia.7913" said:

> Whenever I fiddle with Druid builds, I find it so difficult not to use Shortbow with Hidden Barbs and Light on your Feet. Because, let's be honest, you're going to be using Ancient Seeds anyway.

>

> But I'm a little infatuated with Druid and bleeding at the moment... a 14.5k bleeding damage trap is difficult to pass by.

>

> Yet this does look like an interesting concept... I'd be concerned that, for a burn-centered build, it doesn't burn _enough_. You could switch Refined Toxins out for Ambidexterity and get your Torch 4 and 5 off more often to help offset that. Could also try Superior Rune of Balthazar instead if you go the Shortbow route, as you appear to be exploiting Sword skills for lots of Quickness with your Firebrand rune.

>

> Looks neat.

Thanks and ya I was just thinking of some ways to push it, I chose quickdraw since I love the mobility/burst/survivability it gives. (Based on what weapon is given) especially since I'm sacrificing alot of utilities.

I think you have some very good points I'm worried about that too, idk just trying to mess around

> @"anduriell.6280" said:

> > @"Eleazar.9478" said:

> > just a **_gimmick_** I want to maybe try something, any thoughts, given the spirit changes and the fact the active can casted at your location and multiple times might be something there.

> >

> > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNAsfWjEqQ7K2sCmsAXLWYEsmHQnLEwUAOaBA4m6Utreyyi3K-jZhAQBd4IAYz9HAwpAQilB24DAAA

> >

> > EDIT* the roatation would be precast trap, pre cast spririt intiate fight with staff for burn triggers, bait enemy to trap, staff 4, swap, torch 5,4 cast flame again, pop spirit active, ramapage to counter any cc, repeat

>

> until we are able to test how the spirits works i would not say they are viable in any situation.

> After reading how other classes got buffed, Spirits actives and passives need to be actually buffed somehow, having in mind those spirits (until said otherwise) are 7k health minions with 2 second skill cast. Unless they become like the engi Gyros (unkillable) their actives and passives need to be buffed.

>

> Keep in mind sun spirit passive buff will only apply burning once every 8 seconds (the internal ICD) and now it must be fairly close to you (which means it will die before you will be able to use it).

>

> For the info we have been provided i'm puzzled how is ignored the fact spirits can be easily killed and CC'ed.

Ya like I mentioned to shade in the other thread I'm trying to think of ways to puse the expermintation since this well prolly be it for awhile