Sodeni.6041

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"mikdepadua.8376" said:

> > @"Dreamatics.4987" said:

> > I like the idea of shouts on mesmer but music theme not seeing it at all nope nope nope XD just add a new proffession bard and be done with it XD

>

> that would be even better

I'm 100% sure they won't add a new profession. It would be just extra work and they would have to create HoT and PoF specialization for that new class as well.

• 3 weeks later...

I disagree that we need a minstrel mesmer. A minstrel-bard type of class would be ok but why mesmer? I don't want my mesmer to play instruments in battle. I want them to confse the shit out of the enemy. Maybe a minstrel-bard type new class? We got a revenant after all

> @"Kencu.5846" said:

> I disagree that we need a minstrel mesmer. A minstrel-bard type of class would be ok but why mesmer? I don't want my mesmer to play instruments in battle. I want them to confse the kitten out of the enemy. Maybe a minstrel-bard type new class? We got a revenant after all

Mesmer is the profession that's the closest to Arts.

If there is ever going to be a music-themed Elite Specialization, Mesmer would be the only fitting profession.

I'll accept a "Minstrel" type E-Spec AS LONG as it has the following:

New weapon is NOT yet another offhand.

F1-F4 is replaced with an F1 or F1-F4 which acts as an instrument(s) unlocking varying weapon skills. Sort of like how Engineers have kits, the Mesmers will get "Instruments."

If the idea of the above instruments is not given, and we only get a warhorn as a weapon, then the E-Spec needs to be a pure healing with secondary being buffs, E-Spec.

Other than what I just mentioned, If its not along those lines then don't bother and would rather them give us something like a Bayonetta playstyle with a Main Hand Pistol and tricks/stances.

> @"Tseison.4659" said:

> I’d rather prefer a new Elite Spec that focus on Hexes since they can easily implement it in as a reverse barrier/regen essentially but it wouldn’t be a condition and would have a static duration of 2-3sec or something....

>

> But anyways, I’ll offer my two cents to the “Minstrel” idea... when I think of Minstrel, I think of a variety of instruments used to make music, so I’m going to assume that we would get “Bundles/Kits” that give us access to a variety of abilities. Yes it does seem like Mesmers would be getting a lot but there are other classes that are overloaded as well.

>

> How would it work with clones/phantasms? To be honest, that’s always the one thing that’s causing problems for the Mesmer to explore new and fresh builds. So I’d be perfectly fine to sacrifice having no clones/illusions summoned to get bundles that give us XX number of new skills.

Check my take on a new wlite spec)

For real, we will get something totally different probably

> @"Tseison.4659" said:

> I'll accept a "Minstrel" type E-Spec AS LONG as it has the following:

> New weapon is NOT yet another offhand.

> F1-F4 is replaced with an F1 or F1-F4 which acts as an instrument(s) unlocking varying weapon skills. Sort of like how Engineers have kits, the Mesmers will get "Instruments."

> If the idea of the above instruments is not given, and we only get a warhorn as a weapon, then the E-Spec needs to be a pure healing with secondary being buffs, E-Spec.

>

> Other than what I just mentioned, If its not along those lines then don't bother and would rather them give us something like a Bayonetta playstyle with a Main Hand Pistol and tricks/stances.

I totally agree with you!

If Minstrel only gets a warhorn offhand it would be really disappointing. Mesmer already has an elite spec mainhand and offhand weapon (axe and shield), it's time for a two-handed weapon and some more skill with the f-abilities (instruments).

> @"Sodeni.6041" said:

> If Minstrel only gets a warhorn offhand it would be really disappointing. Mesmer already has an elite spec mainhand and offhand weapon (axe and shield), it's time for a two-handed weapon and some more skill with the f-abilities (instruments).

Just imagine it:

dual-wielding Warhorns

> @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > @"Sodeni.6041" said:

> > If Minstrel only gets a warhorn offhand it would be really disappointing. Mesmer already has an elite spec mainhand and offhand weapon (axe and shield), it's time for a two-handed weapon and some more skill with the f-abilities (instruments).

>

> Just imagine it:

> dual-wielding Warhorns

>

>

Two warhorns would be really weird, not gonna lie. I'd much prefer a shortbow :D

> @"Sodeni.6041" said:

> > @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > > @"Sodeni.6041" said:

> > > If Minstrel only gets a warhorn offhand it would be really disappointing. Mesmer already has an elite spec mainhand and offhand weapon (axe and shield), it's time for a two-handed weapon and some more skill with the f-abilities (instruments).

> >

> > Just imagine it:

> > dual-wielding Warhorns

> >

> >

>

> Two warhorns would be really weird, not gonna lie. I'd much prefer a shortbow :D

A bow would be equally weird for a music themed elite specialization.

> @"Sodeni.6041" said:

> > @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > > If Minstrel only gets a warhorn offhand it would be really disappointing. Mesmer already has an elite spec mainhand and offhand weapon (axe and shield), it's time for a two-handed weapon and some more skill with the f-abilities (instruments).

> >

> > Just imagine it:

> > dual-wielding Warhorns

> >

> >

>

> Two warhorns would be really weird, not gonna lie. I'd much prefer a shortbow :D

Off-hands will never be main-hand so we can not imagine these shenanigans.

> @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > @"Sodeni.6041" said:

> > > @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > > > @"Sodeni.6041" said:

> > > > If Minstrel only gets a warhorn offhand it would be really disappointing. Mesmer already has an elite spec mainhand and offhand weapon (axe and shield), it's time for a two-handed weapon and some more skill with the f-abilities (instruments).

> > >

> > > Just imagine it:

> > > dual-wielding Warhorns

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Two warhorns would be really weird, not gonna lie. I'd much prefer a shortbow :D

>

> A bow would be equally weird for a music themed elite specialization.

Not really. There's plenty of bow designs that look like a harp: https://imgur.com/a/hOajsro and there's even some harp bow skins in the game already: https://imgur.com/a/SKEOTqe

It would totally work and be unique.

> @"phokus.8934" said:

> > @"Sodeni.6041" said:

> > > @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > > > @"Sodeni.6041" said:

> > > > If Minstrel only gets a warhorn offhand it would be really disappointing. Mesmer already has an elite spec mainhand and offhand weapon (axe and shield), it's time for a two-handed weapon and some more skill with the f-abilities (instruments).

> > >

> > > Just imagine it:

> > > dual-wielding Warhorns

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Two warhorns would be really weird, not gonna lie. I'd much prefer a shortbow :D

>

> Off-hands will never be main-hand so we can not imagine these shenanigans.

I think it might be a possibility that they allow some offhand-weapons to work on the main-hand but it's rather unlikely, not impossible, though.

> @"Sodeni.6041" said:

> Not really. There's plenty of bow designs that look like a harp

Using silly-looking skins would make the elite-specialization look even weirder, it certainly wouldn't reduce weirdness.

> It would totally work and be unique.

The Bowbard silliness already has been done by FF14 years ago.

And even there are players who hate Bard being tied to Archer/Bow.

> @"Yoci.2481" said:

> They haven't even addressed the most basic problems of Mesmer and you people talk about the next elite. I don't understand this.

What’s not to understand? We are getting new elite specs with the expansion so of course there will be discussions about “what if”.

> @"Yoci.2481" said:

> They haven't even addressed the most basic problems of Mesmer and you people talk about the next elite. I don't understand this.

Just as a friendly fyi, the Mesmer community has BEEN very vocal about the problems and unfairness to the nerfs we got so....if anet doesn’t want to listen then that’s they’re problem.

Even though we won’t see EoD until perhaps fall or winter this year, the sooner they announce the new elites, the better so it gives us a chance to work towards builds/armour. (For those who are looking into picking up the new elite specs of course)

honestly that's kinda sad in my opinion. Mesmer is a class who could literally do any kind of thing, from tank, to dps, to healer, or buff.

i woulòd like to imagine a mesmer class who istead of shatter skill, could have "Weapons like tome of firebrand" who change thep laystale totally.

Even a passive elite, who can trasform you into a tank with hammer to make serius cc, the thing is wanna point it's the possibility are endless from a class like that, so i don't want musiclike class, but something different, original, and most important fun. cuz play mesmer is nothing but frustrating ultimatly in the game T_T

sorry for bad english.

> @"Yoci.2481" said:

Core mesmer is a completely different topic. There will 100% be a new elite specialization so why not theorize about it? Just because core mesmer and the current elite specs are in a bad spot, doesn't mean we can't have fun and create a new and engaging elite specialization.

Also, we don't need another "mesmer is so bad pls fix" post on this forum if there is already 293814848 threats about it.

> @"Sodeni.6041" said:

> > @"Yoci.2481" said:

> > They haven't even addressed the most basic problems of Mesmer and you people talk about the next elite. I don't understand this.

>

> Core mesmer is a completely different topic. There will 100% be a new elite specialization so why not theorize about it? Just because core mesmer and the current elite specs are in a bad spot, doesn't mean we can't have fun and create a new and engaging elite specialization.

>

> Also, we don't need another "mesmer is so bad pls fix" post on this forum if there is already 293814848 threats about it.

elite will only create more problems, it will need to be overpowered as fuck to be viable and thus make other specs impossible to buff.

• 2 weeks later...

> @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > @"Sodeni.6041" said:

> > > @"Yoci.2481" said:

> > > They haven't even addressed the most basic problems of Mesmer and you people talk about the next elite. I don't understand this.

> >

> > Core mesmer is a completely different topic. There will 100% be a new elite specialization so why not theorize about it? Just because core mesmer and the current elite specs are in a bad spot, doesn't mean we can't have fun and create a new and engaging elite specialization.

> >

> > Also, we don't need another "mesmer is so bad pls fix" post on this forum if there is already 293814848 threats about it.

>

> elite will only create more problems, it will need to be overpowered as kitten to be viable and thus make other specs impossible to buff.

There WILL 100% be new elite specs. It's one of the best selling arguments of an expansions. And don't act like they break everything, the devs got better with balancing in the last year and I'm sure the new elite specs will be very fun to play.

> @"Sodeni.6041" said:

> > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > > > @"Yoci.2481" said:

> > > > They haven't even addressed the most basic problems of Mesmer and you people talk about the next elite. I don't understand this.

> > >

> > > Core mesmer is a completely different topic. There will 100% be a new elite specialization so why not theorize about it? Just because core mesmer and the current elite specs are in a bad spot, doesn't mean we can't have fun and create a new and engaging elite specialization.

> > >

> > > Also, we don't need another "mesmer is so bad pls fix" post on this forum if there is already 293814848 threats about it.

> >

> > elite will only create more problems, it will need to be overpowered as kitten to be viable and thus make other specs impossible to buff.

>

> There WILL 100% be new elite specs. It's one of the best selling arguments of an expansions. And don't act like they break everything, the devs got better with balancing in the last year and I'm sure the new elite specs will be very fun to play.

Im sure there will be new e-spec and im sure it will be fun as fuck to play for couple of months.

And Im sure it will have abilities similar to c-split and chronophantasma that can quadruple effect off phantasms and force balance team to keep them trash since you know, that mesmers espec will get 4x their value so it HAS to be balanced with that in mind.

There is a reason why disenchanter and defender are perpetually garbage in pvp and it has nothing to do with them being toxic or easy to use on core/mirage and everything to do with chrono being able to 2x cast them, and even chronosplit with phantasma for quadruple taunt/disenchant.

This is why the taunt has 50s cd for 1s taunt while other classes can get 3s stun on 30s cd. THIS is why, chrono.

And elite spec will introduce other, bloated mechanics to carry the corpse of a core mesmer and thus make it even more of a impossibility to balance it.

It CAN be done but it wont, I seriously doubt it.