Time for a change/What is twitch showing us about the game?

> @"tim.4596" said:

> Let me make it a clear statement here 'OPEN WORLD IS NOT PVE' it is something else altogether.

I'm sorry, but you lost any credibility you might have had at this point. You may not like that part of PvE, and be more interested in organized group/instanced content, but that doesn't stop OW from being the very quintessence of PvE definition.

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > @"tim.4596" said:

> > Let me make it a clear statement here 'OPEN WORLD IS NOT PVE' it is something else altogether.

> I'm sorry, but you lost any credibility you might have had at this point. You may not like that part of PvE, and be more interested in organized group/instanced content, but that doesn't stop OW from being the very quintessence of PvE definition.> @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > @"tim.4596" said:

> > > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > > Wow. I _did_ read all that, and frankly found that was unnecessary; could have just read the conclusion.

> > > Not sure the Devs will take the time to read all that...

> > >

> > > I guess the tl;dr is that you are suggesting more Guild activities. ...I guess.

> > >

> >

> > In a way, yes I am suggesting more Guild activities but not only. I'm suggesting Guild activities as a way to bring people together to play the game, as I feel there isn't enough content to bring people to play the game together.

> >

> > And yes, I guess you could just read the conclusion in order to get it all, I must assume, I have been repetitive within some paragraph. But you do get a better scope of what I am talking about by reading all

>

> Very repetitive..

> Guild content is definitely needed, I wont argue that but the last time ANET tried emphasising guilds it ended up alienating masses of small guilds and forcing them to either upscale drastically, killing their own reasons for being a small guild or ignore the content/rewards entirely... some may of taken alliances but how long does that really last once certain content is completed.

> Guild Halls have been a complete hash up, poorly thought out, rushed to the point it made the mere thought of trying to go higher than certain levels just too much time, effort and cost.. once again culling the smaller guild desire to see the GH content for anything other than a few tokens to spend at a vendor every now and then.

> Scribing .. so tiresome in levelling, extremely expensive unless your a larger guild willing to throw some morsels to your scriber.. which in turn lessens the need to players to be scribes in a guild and want to craft stuff for them.. no need for more than 1... perhaps being able to sell decos like in other games would of been a good call and certainly making guild halls scaleable based on guild size and choice... there was simply no credible thought placed into guilds other than "it made a good SP" for HoT… and then they simply killed guild content and guild progression soon afterwards.

Thank you for pointing this out, I had not think of small PvE Guilds, that might indeed be an issue. Scribing is indeed a major issue, which I didn't address here. I myself tried to level up scribing but quickly ended up forgetting about it altogether. I am just sad to see so much unexploited potential.

> Twitch should not be your yard stick for anything here, they will be biased views borne from the twitch streamer hoping to gain wider audience appreciation.. I mean lets be honest how many even bother tuning in to see PvP gameplay in GW2 especially in the wake of all the issues it has been and still is plagued with.. yeah win trading, hacks, balance, queue times.. sorry I would rather go watch an old episode of Dads Army.

I wouldn't disqualify Twitch streamers altogether, even though there are some controversy about them, they still represents the game in some ways. I don't say that they should be looked at seriously, but that they should at least be given some credits too. I mean, I am extremely thankful for the creation of godsofpvp.net which was first brought up by twitch streamers. Peachy and bogoter, even though they are not playing that much Guild Wars 2 anymore, brought an overall good representation of the game. MMOINKS always has some amazing insights about the game. Now, as much as I don't like high end Raider streams, SC did make the website snowcrows.com and qT before that.

> As for GvG stuff space.. that would only serve to harm other game modes like WvW and PvP as the community begins to fence itself off to others rather than what Openworld and WvW are supposed to be.. community focused (one reason I dislike the idea of Alliances because servers gave community identity). Granted ANET have done all they can to kill that idea by pushing xfers so hard which served to only ruin tourneys, which added to long term festering of some modes has pushed a lot of serves to the point of obscurity.

> Adding GvG will also isolate those smaller guilds from content unless they alliance, which kind of defeats the object of it...

Regarding GvG, I honestly don't know. I get your point that it might end up bringing more negativity than good, but I like to think that we can't fully know, until it has happened. And GvG due to its high number of people required, would still have to remain a pre-organised community thing. As much as I want to believe that 6+ millions of people are playing GW2, I don't think we will see 15v15 automated queue any time soon. Anet could as well include it as a manual feature rather than an automatic one.

> @"steki.1478" said:

> Off note: wvw is also 1+ man content because roaming is also a thing. GvG is in majority of the cases 15 man content (actual gvg, like in tournaments), it's guild raids that tend to be around 20-25 (with additional pugs sometimes) - it's better to just put it as 15+.

Thank you for pointing this out, I have amended my original drawing.