Returning player

So I have been playing a couple of days, got my Necro out, and just got some gems to fix its armor quickly to berserker. After seeing this horrible looking stuff, I immediately went to fix the cosmetics and dyes. Low and behold, it would cost me 270 gems to get enough transmutation charges to do it. I'm seriously sitting here wonder why I came back to this game.

IS there any way to get these without PVP'ing, or spending cash on gems?

I was in the same boat as you. When I came back I only had a handful of transmutation charges. After playing about a month I know have over 50 and that's with me changing my gear across 3 characters. It just takes a little bit of farming and you can get a lot. Plus I think some of your daily bags drop some charges.

I've never bought a transmutation charge, and I have well over a thousand of them. But I have done some PvP and WvW. I also get them from log in rewards and zone completes which I do a lot of because I enjoy it. There even easily farmed if you have a blank character slot. Just complete a city like Rata Sum, which is pretty fast once you learn it, delete the character and repeat. Every time you complete any city you get a transmutation charge, guaranteed.

This is one of the least greedy MMOs I've played in a long long time when it comes to what you can earn in game, anyway.

> @"Furian.5768" said:

> > @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > Anet is forcing me to play the game to get what I want...

>

> You mean to say... forcing me to PVP, or spend cash to get what I want. One transmutation stone per map completion will not net me very many. Therefor, by fairly sound logic, and reasoning, I must PVP, or spend cash to get enough.

>

> Comments like yours are not helpful, and should be deleted.

Map complete racial cities and you’ll get one for each. It’s boring but fairly fast. If you happen to have a spare char slot you can make and delete chars for that.