Warclaw killed WvW for me

KingPuki.1075

> @"DeadlySynz.3471" said:

> > @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> > > > as soon as you get into combat, you should move normal speed.

> > >

> > > I would place the restriction on the attacker to slow/chill/immobilize etc ... the mounted target if they want to engage in combat that bad. Let's be honest here ... the point of the warclaw is to give an edge to travelling players who DON'T want to be picked off roaming. I don't think they should be immune to roamers and maybe warclaw is tuned too much to avoid roaming encounters BUT ...

> > >

> > > Roamers should have to think about how they are going to engage and address players on warclaws, not just ask for Anet to screw mounted players from one of the advantages of the mount.

> >

> > it took 5 players to dismount another guy and that only happened because he was in our territory.

> >

> > roamers can no longer really do their jobs anymore as in, stopping re-informants going from garri/x stopping enemys from going to camps because they will just troll around. very silly the mounts are.

>

> I can dismount someone myself fairly easily, with or without a banner. If it takes 5 players to dismount someone, those 5 players need to start taking off their toughness gear in exchange for damage.

>

Thus forcing all to play more zerker. Wise idea from a person who complains about gankers. Ass all have said mount will create more gankers. It already did actually.

> Roamers really never had jobs anyway other than being a bane to the map and not helping with objectives. Camping the enemy's 3rd in hopes of killing stragglers (who aren't likely geared to fight PvP oriented players) isn't roaming, it's ganking. It barely even worked to begin with. If you take someone like me who absolutely sucks at 1v1 yet routinely kills "roamers" while carrying a banner, the "roamers" aren't doing anyone good other than taking a spot on the map.

>

If you are not prepared to fight pvp ready players in a open pvp map, then friend, it is not them but you who has a problem.

> If roamers had an actual job and wanted to be useful to the map, they'd leave the stragglers alone and attempt to go ninja a tower or camp while the main enemy force is pre-occupied. Do we see that? Nope; what we see is 1-3 players trolling around sentries attempting to jump players, and more often than not failing miserably. What we have now is mounted stragglers running be these 1-3 players trolling sentries, and these players are all up in arms about it. Now what's happening which is even funnier, stragglers are coming in groups of 2-4, killing the gankers (as this is usually what happens), and a mounted zergling insta kills the roamers with superior battle maul. That obviously adds more salt to the wound infuriating the gankers even more, which in then causes these players to come to the forums complaining.

>

> If "roamers" truly wanted to be useful, leave the stragglers alone, and go attempt to ninja objectives instead. If you want to fight, get out of your PvP gear, and off the PvP class and get on a useful group class with proper gear instead. If you want to PvP, go to the PvP mode instead.

I do not know which server are you playing in but I am sorry for you for not even seeing one roamer in wvw. In my server roamers cap even major objectives, defend places until zerg comes, flip camps and guard yaks so our zerg can fill the depleted supply.

And people are in a pvp mode friend. This is an open world pvp where it is free to use every tactic. It was actually. Not is.

Anyway if you need to see what a roamer does please ask for someone in your server. Then you can understand why they are important for zergs to thrive.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"KingPuki.1075" said:

> I really love WvW but we have seen so many changes noone that plays WvW asked for. First the removal of the giant lake and underwater combat (bloodlust) Then we got shield gens, were again noone asked for. Then we got the infamous gliding in wvw, and now as a cherry on the cake we got the kitten mounts. Remember folks when Anet said we were gonna have a amazing anouncement, and everyone said: Please for the love of lyssa NO MOUNTS!!!!! And we got em anyways, and they're destroying our game mode, and our mechanics we fell in love with.

>

> I just don't enjoy the mount in WvW, i've tryed it yesterday and today, and it just doesn't feel right..

>

> Please bring back old school WvW!!

Maybe wvw just isnt the game mode for you. I love the new mount.