Healing/support build question need help.

Hello,

I know that harrier is the go to when it comes to healing.

As a player who loves heals and supporting allies I do like to be the healer but tanky at the same time.

Is there stats I could use to be a great healer but not super squishy?

I'd really appreciate any advice or help with this question ?

(Note) I play almost all professions as support/heal.

Generally, if you have high healing power, then you're already pretty hard to kill. Due to your heals and all.

Minstrel is the way that most heal-tanks go. Warning: you do no damage in Minstrel, so outside of specific raid or WvW builds you won't see much use out of it. If you want a mix of tankiness, damage, and healing, then there's a few to go with:

Plaguedoctor is good for condi builds. Cleric and Apothecary are both similar to each other, but they have toughness which can change enemy aggro.

It depends on what the support professions have to offer.

The reason why Druid, Chronomancer and Firebrand use Harrier, Diviner or any concentration stats is because they have boons to offer allies, whether offensive or defensive. Druid can keep permanent might and fury, Chronomancer grants alacrity, Firebrand can both grant defensive boons and heal allies etc.

Other support professions like Scrapper, Tempest and Scourge don't really have reliable ways of granting boons to allies. Staff Tempest and Med Kit Scrapper are pure healers and Scourge provides barrier to allies, which is why I play these professions with magi stats. If you're the sort of player who likes to play with support builds with high healing power, then play Scrapper, Tempest and Scourge with magi gear.

Note: magi gear is the cheapest ascended gear with the healing power stat to craft.

> @"Blood Red Arachnid.2493" said:

> Generally, if you have high healing power, then you're already pretty hard to kill. Due to your heals and all.

>

> Minstrel is the way that most heal-tanks go. Warning: you do no damage in Minstrel, so outside of specific raid or WvW builds you won't see much use out of it. If you want a mix of tankiness, damage, and healing, then there's a few to go with:

>

> Plaguedoctor is good for condi builds. Cleric and Apothecary are both similar to each other, but they have toughness which can change enemy aggro.

Yea it does thank you.

Could I have your opinion on a mix of Magi and harrier?

Magi for the precision and health, health to make me more tanky but not having to use toughness.

If you're doing WvW, I have no formal opinion. But if you're in PVE, I'm going to flex my elitism muscles and say that you're better off learning to heal glass, especially if you aren't the designated tank. Look, full glass builds with no healing power can take the hits and recover, so Harriers/Zealots should be able to do the same. If you're dedicated to healing, then you don't need to be in the thick of it like everyone else. Good placement, good tactics, and some learning will do wonders for your survival.