What a great mmo.

Same! Really happy that others feel the same.

What I love about this game the most is the community, people are not afraid to show who they are and are trying to have fun. Of course there are some snowflakes every now and then but mostly it's filled with nice and kind people. :)

I'm sorry for your knee, hope it's okay now. :)

I can relate. I mention it in passing, but it bears emphasis here: I am in terrible pain. Head to toe, 24 hours a day, intermittently for a decade but continuous for the past 3 years. I don't know what it is. My symptoms are bizarre as hell, and _nothing_ treats them. I've been going to various doctors for years now, and all they can do is shrug at the weird results they get. I can go on for hours with all my symptoms.

What hurts most about this is my ego. Even when my esophagus locks shut and I start peeing blood, the worst part is the pervasive notion that I'll never get a wife. See, I come from failure, in the sense that everybody I am related to and everyone I've ever known (bar two) did a terrible job at life. They have illegitimate children with multiple people, are drug addicts and alcoholics, can't hold down a job, are in an out of jail, are generally unmarried/divorced and miserable, dropped out of highschool, and they are always broke but gamble away every cent they make. Basically, they took every bit of good advice they've ever received in life, and responded with a resounding "kitten the police!" But I was different. I prided myself on being straight edge. No drugs, no alcohol, not loose with women, not loose with money, graduated highschool, tried to keep good company, and I was both in college and holding down job. I decided that I was going to be a success before I put myself on the market. But then the pain came, and everything fell apart. I don't even have my mind anymore, since it is now muddled in fog with large memory gaps and the inability to concentrate on even the most mundane tasks. I am now somebody's house pet, and the greatest realistic aspiration I have is to get a diagnosis and end up on disability.

Where does GW2 come in to all this? Disease aside, my idle hands are driving me insane. The inability to do anything does not dispel the _need_ to do something. As banal (and painful) grinding out gold in GW2 is, it still gives me a sense of accomplishment. I still feel like I'm moving forward while chasing the virtual carrot. The game has the ability to keep me occupied.

> @"Blood Red Arachnid.2493" said:

> I can relate. I mention it in passing, but it bears emphasis here: I am in terrible pain. Head to toe, 24 hours a day, intermittently for a decade but continuous for the past 3 years. I don't know what it is. My symptoms are bizarre as hell, and _nothing_ treats them. I've been going to various doctors for years now, and all they can do is shrug at the weird results they get. I can go on for hours with all my symptoms.

>

> What hurts most about this is my ego. Even when my esophagus locks shut and I start peeing blood, the worst part is the pervasive notion that I'll never get a wife. See, I come from failure, in the sense that everybody I am related to and everyone I've ever known (bar two) did a terrible job at life. They have illegitimate children with multiple people, are drug addicts and alcoholics, can't hold down a job, are in an out of jail, are generally unmarried/divorced and miserable, dropped out of highschool, and they are always broke but gamble away every cent they make. Basically, they took every bit of good advice they've ever received in life, and responded with a resounding "kitten the police!" But I was different. I prided myself on being straight edge. No drugs, no alcohol, not loose with women, not loose with money, graduated highschool, tried to keep good company, and I was both in college and holding down job. I decided that I was going to be a success before I put myself on the market. But then the pain came, and everything fell apart. I don't even have my mind anymore, since it is now muddled in fog with large memory gaps and the inability to concentrate on even the most mundane tasks. I am now somebody's house pet, and the greatest realistic aspiration I have is to get a diagnosis and end up on disability.

>

> Where does GW2 come in to all this? Disease aside, my idle hands are driving me insane. The inability to do anything does not dispel the _need_ to do something. As banal (and painful) grinding out gold in GW2 is, it still gives me a sense of accomplishment. I still feel like I'm moving forward while chasing the virtual carrot. The game has the ability to keep me occupied.

Holy shit, where the hell are you from? That sounds all so terrible! Most of my friends have great jobs, have functional families, are healthy etc. But then again, I happen to live in a country and town with one of the highest living standards in the world...

> @"ProtoGunner.4953" said:

> > @"Blood Red Arachnid.2493" said:

> > I can relate. I mention it in passing, but it bears emphasis here: I am in terrible pain. Head to toe, 24 hours a day, intermittently for a decade but continuous for the past 3 years. I don't know what it is. My symptoms are bizarre as hell, and _nothing_ treats them. I've been going to various doctors for years now, and all they can do is shrug at the weird results they get. I can go on for hours with all my symptoms.

> >

> > What hurts most about this is my ego. Even when my esophagus locks shut and I start peeing blood, the worst part is the pervasive notion that I'll never get a wife. See, I come from failure, in the sense that everybody I am related to and everyone I've ever known (bar two) did a terrible job at life. They have illegitimate children with multiple people, are drug addicts and alcoholics, can't hold down a job, are in an out of jail, are generally unmarried/divorced and miserable, dropped out of highschool, and they are always broke but gamble away every cent they make. Basically, they took every bit of good advice they've ever received in life, and responded with a resounding "kitten the police!" But I was different. I prided myself on being straight edge. No drugs, no alcohol, not loose with women, not loose with money, graduated highschool, tried to keep good company, and I was both in college and holding down job. I decided that I was going to be a success before I put myself on the market. But then the pain came, and everything fell apart. I don't even have my mind anymore, since it is now muddled in fog with large memory gaps and the inability to concentrate on even the most mundane tasks. I am now somebody's house pet, and the greatest realistic aspiration I have is to get a diagnosis and end up on disability.

> >

> > Where does GW2 come in to all this? Disease aside, my idle hands are driving me insane. The inability to do anything does not dispel the _need_ to do something. As banal (and painful) grinding out gold in GW2 is, it still gives me a sense of accomplishment. I still feel like I'm moving forward while chasing the virtual carrot. The game has the ability to keep me occupied.

>

> Holy kitten, where the hell are you from? That sounds all so terrible! Most of my friends have great jobs, have functional families, are healthy etc. But then again, I happen to live in a country and town with one of the highest living standards in the world...

Everywhere... and nowhere. Seriously, I have no lineage to speak of, and all the women met their men in different states across the U.S.A. We're still spread out across the states, but the patterns of behavior are eerily similar no matter where they are. The reason for this is simple: people of disrepute are going to attract other people of disrepute. A man who's in and out of jail is going to land a woman who's fine with having a man who's in and out of jail. Then they have little soon-to-be convicts, and the cycle continues.

Hell, that's the big reason why I remain celibate. It's the Groucho Marx Paradox: I'm essentially a diseased hobo, and I don't want the kind of women who'd want a diseased hobo.

> @"ProtoGunner.4953" said:

> > @"Blood Red Arachnid.2493" said:

> > I can relate. I mention it in passing, but it bears emphasis here: I am in terrible pain. Head to toe, 24 hours a day, intermittently for a decade but continuous for the past 3 years. I don't know what it is. My symptoms are bizarre as hell, and _nothing_ treats them. I've been going to various doctors for years now, and all they can do is shrug at the weird results they get. I can go on for hours with all my symptoms.

> >

> > What hurts most about this is my ego. Even when my esophagus locks shut and I start peeing blood, the worst part is the pervasive notion that I'll never get a wife. See, I come from failure, in the sense that everybody I am related to and everyone I've ever known (bar two) did a terrible job at life. They have illegitimate children with multiple people, are drug addicts and alcoholics, can't hold down a job, are in an out of jail, are generally unmarried/divorced and miserable, dropped out of highschool, and they are always broke but gamble away every cent they make. Basically, they took every bit of good advice they've ever received in life, and responded with a resounding "kitten the police!" But I was different. I prided myself on being straight edge. No drugs, no alcohol, not loose with women, not loose with money, graduated highschool, tried to keep good company, and I was both in college and holding down job. I decided that I was going to be a success before I put myself on the market. But then the pain came, and everything fell apart. I don't even have my mind anymore, since it is now muddled in fog with large memory gaps and the inability to concentrate on even the most mundane tasks. I am now somebody's house pet, and the greatest realistic aspiration I have is to get a diagnosis and end up on disability.

> >

> > Where does GW2 come in to all this? Disease aside, my idle hands are driving me insane. The inability to do anything does not dispel the _need_ to do something. As banal (and painful) grinding out gold in GW2 is, it still gives me a sense of accomplishment. I still feel like I'm moving forward while chasing the virtual carrot. The game has the ability to keep me occupied.

>

> Holy kitten, where the hell are you from? That sounds all so terrible! Most of my friends have great jobs, have functional families, are healthy etc. But then again, I happen to live in a country and town with one of the highest living standards in the world...

It is everywhere. My family was rock solid, but I played and rode the bus with kids who are now in prison. One who murdered one of his siblings. This was a poorer area, but I can also attest that more affluent families hide it better. My close friends and family are again, rock solid, but I have dealt with educated, smart people who really mess up their lives. Their families just don't talk about it. Pretend it isn't happening.

As for Blood Red, I hope and pray you get a diagnosis. My family has some chronic disorders that get handed down randomly, and I know how debilitating chronic disease can be.