Rare unidentified gear bags hard nerfed.

> @"Xeneth.9260" said:

> What the hell ?

> Today I come back to the game after 1 week break, I bought about 2.2k bags of rare unidentified gear. Boosted my mf up 770 % in Silverwastes and started opening them, hoping for some decent exotic drops.

> I got LESS than 15 exotics ? 15 !!!! From 2.2k bags!

> What.the. kitten.

> I feel cheated out of the money I spent buying them. Did anyone else have a similar experience ? Is this a bug, should I report it ?

Well this is a Fantasy RPG, not a stock market. If you use the game other than intended i can't feel some pitty.

I would advise that your time is better spend at the NY Stock Market. If you rock this, you don't care about the loss of a gaming currency anymore.

> I am confused tbh.. if MF needed to be nerfed to make it fair for all when opening up loot.. then why have it in the first place. MF is a stat that players get to put time and effort into increasing to max at their own pace.. every player, new or old has the same ability to do so and it works the same for all. The system was not unfair just because player A has max MF accumulated over 5yrs of playing but player B only has some MF after 1 yr of playing.

> To nerf it because MF offered a richer return for one over another is ludicrous.. nah imo this change had nothing to do with that it was merely a nerf to take away wealth from the game as a whole. It is another change of this ilk that has been common place for a while now, certainly since the Jahai update and the requiem/sigils malarkey and very much in line with what we now know has come to pass internally .. it's about revenue and I see no reason to not be upfront about instead of passing this off as another "QoL"

The unidentified gear was double dipping. MF was affecting what unidentified gear you were getting (which it still does), then again when you identified the gear (which is what was removed). MF is still useful for getting better unidentified gear, but there is now a set % for getting upgraded items from the identifications.

> @"Kurrilino.2706" said:

> > @"Xeneth.9260" said:

> > What the hell ?

> > Today I come back to the game after 1 week break, I bought about 2.2k bags of rare unidentified gear. Boosted my mf up 770 % in Silverwastes and started opening them, hoping for some decent exotic drops.

> > I got LESS than 15 exotics ? 15 !!!! From 2.2k bags!

> > What.the. kitten.

> > I feel cheated out of the money I spent buying them. Did anyone else have a similar experience ? Is this a bug, should I report it ?

>

> Well this is a Fantasy RPG, not a stock market. If you use the game other than intended i can't feel some pitty.

> I would advise that your time is better spend at the NY Stock Market. If you rock this, you don't care about the loss of a gaming currency anymore.

Why is buying large amounts of bags not playing the game.. the game has a Trading Post, it has the facility to buy gems or exchange gold for gems and vice versa.

In fact a returning player doing this to generate gear, mats and gold is a reasonable idea considering how much stuff is required these days in order to complete collections, achievements, to be sufficiently geared to run certain content, to be able to afford to buy a guild hall, lvl up crafting including scribe.. ooh and to boost magic find via salvaging.

So actually this is nothing to do with playing like a stock market.. the player did not buy the bags to sell on he bought them to open then take items of use to gear up, or salvage to craft or sell unwanted stuff .. that is part and parcel of the game not using the game as otherwise intended.

Do you not sell your unwanted stuff on TP or to vendors?

Playing the game is undefined as to what you have to do , so playing the games economy is just as valid as doing anything else .

Lots of people , me included spend their time making money in the game as its fun, and much better than simply killing monsters over and over.

> @"AlexxxDelta.1806" said:

> > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > ANET need to concentrate their efforts into making content that actually holds replay value by means other than farming because this is the kind of QoL that bean counter design decisions have .. this was nothing more than another way to clawback.

> > How does one define "replay value" in a time when new LS chapters are consumed by skilled players in less than an hour or expansions in two days or less? What makes content replayable (if that is a word?) is different for different types of players. How does ANet capture the largest majority?

> >

>

> The answer to your question about capturing the largest majority is simple. All Anet has to do is identify the ow maps that have been the most active long term over the course of the game's life. Those would be the maps that have the largest crowd playing in them for the longest time after their release. Then proceed to identify the qualities that make those maps special. Thing is that if **we** know (and we do) which maps are these and what makes them special, Anet does too. Why they are reluctant in repeating what has worked before is another matter...

>

I'm not sure it's quite as simple as you make it out. Focussing on one kind of gameplay that appeals to many would result in neglecting the kind of maps and gameplay that the minority groups enjoy, thus removing variety from the game. I'd guess that removing variety would ultimately lead to people leaving, either because the focus is on a kind of activity they don't enjoy (and while each minority group might be small, adding them all up can come to a sizeable number of players) or because they miss the variety of doing something different every now and then.

> @"Rasimir.6239" said:

> > @"AlexxxDelta.1806" said:

> > > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > > ANET need to concentrate their efforts into making content that actually holds replay value by means other than farming because this is the kind of QoL that bean counter design decisions have .. this was nothing more than another way to clawback.

> > > How does one define "replay value" in a time when new LS chapters are consumed by skilled players in less than an hour or expansions in two days or less? What makes content replayable (if that is a word?) is different for different types of players. How does ANet capture the largest majority?

> > >

> >

> > The answer to your question about capturing the largest majority is simple. All Anet has to do is identify the ow maps that have been the most active long term over the course of the game's life. Those would be the maps that have the largest crowd playing in them for the longest time after their release. Then proceed to identify the qualities that make those maps special. Thing is that if **we** know (and we do) which maps are these and what makes them special, Anet does too. Why they are reluctant in repeating what has worked before is another matter...

> >

> I'm not sure it's quite as simple as you make it out. Focussing on one kind of gameplay that appeals to many would result in neglecting the kind of maps and gameplay that the minority groups enjoy, thus removing variety from the game. I'd guess that removing variety would ultimately lead to people leaving, either because the focus is on a kind of activity they don't enjoy (and while each minority group might be small, adding them all up can come to a sizeable number of players) or because they miss the variety of doing something different every now and then.

I admit I'm not seeing how releasing more maps that are as replayable as SW or some of the HoT maps would exclude anyone. Let's say one doesn't like metas and playing with zergs. What is stopping them from keeping on exploring solo, doing story, AP hunting or any other activity an OW map offers?

> @"AlexxxDelta.1806" said:

> > @"Rasimir.6239" said:

> > > @"AlexxxDelta.1806" said:

> > > > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > > > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > > > ANET need to concentrate their efforts into making content that actually holds replay value by means other than farming because this is the kind of QoL that bean counter design decisions have .. this was nothing more than another way to clawback.

> > > > How does one define "replay value" in a time when new LS chapters are consumed by skilled players in less than an hour or expansions in two days or less? What makes content replayable (if that is a word?) is different for different types of players. How does ANet capture the largest majority?

> > > >

> > >

> > > The answer to your question about capturing the largest majority is simple. All Anet has to do is identify the ow maps that have been the most active long term over the course of the game's life. Those would be the maps that have the largest crowd playing in them for the longest time after their release. Then proceed to identify the qualities that make those maps special. Thing is that if **we** know (and we do) which maps are these and what makes them special, Anet does too. Why they are reluctant in repeating what has worked before is another matter...

> > >

> > I'm not sure it's quite as simple as you make it out. Focussing on one kind of gameplay that appeals to many would result in neglecting the kind of maps and gameplay that the minority groups enjoy, thus removing variety from the game. I'd guess that removing variety would ultimately lead to people leaving, either because the focus is on a kind of activity they don't enjoy (and while each minority group might be small, adding them all up can come to a sizeable number of players) or because they miss the variety of doing something different every now and then.

>

> I admit I'm not seeing how releasing more maps that are as replayable as SW or some of the HoT maps would exclude anyone. Let's say one doesn't like metas and playing with zergs. What is stopping them from keeping on exploring solo, doing story, AP hunting or any other activity an OW map offers?

Nothing, as long as new maps that promote such activities are also released.

> @"Rasimir.6239" said:

> > @"AlexxxDelta.1806" said:

> > > @"Rasimir.6239" said:

> > > > @"AlexxxDelta.1806" said:

> > > > > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > > > > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > > > > ANET need to concentrate their efforts into making content that actually holds replay value by means other than farming because this is the kind of QoL that bean counter design decisions have .. this was nothing more than another way to clawback.

> > > > > How does one define "replay value" in a time when new LS chapters are consumed by skilled players in less than an hour or expansions in two days or less? What makes content replayable (if that is a word?) is different for different types of players. How does ANet capture the largest majority?

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > The answer to your question about capturing the largest majority is simple. All Anet has to do is identify the ow maps that have been the most active long term over the course of the game's life. Those would be the maps that have the largest crowd playing in them for the longest time after their release. Then proceed to identify the qualities that make those maps special. Thing is that if **we** know (and we do) which maps are these and what makes them special, Anet does too. Why they are reluctant in repeating what has worked before is another matter...

> > > >

> > > I'm not sure it's quite as simple as you make it out. Focussing on one kind of gameplay that appeals to many would result in neglecting the kind of maps and gameplay that the minority groups enjoy, thus removing variety from the game. I'd guess that removing variety would ultimately lead to people leaving, either because the focus is on a kind of activity they don't enjoy (and while each minority group might be small, adding them all up can come to a sizeable number of players) or because they miss the variety of doing something different every now and then.

> >

> > I admit I'm not seeing how releasing more maps that are as replayable as SW or some of the HoT maps would exclude anyone. Let's say one doesn't like metas and playing with zergs. What is stopping them from keeping on exploring solo, doing story, AP hunting or any other activity an OW map offers?

> Nothing, as long as new maps that promote such activities are also released.

There is no need for separate maps. Nothing stops a player from doing their own thing and ignore the zergs in current SW or HoT maps. Story, adventures, collections, all those things are still there for players who don't wish to join large-scale metas. The rewarding metas ensure activity remains high even when those players , inevitably, move on to newer maps.

> @"starlinvf.1358" said:

> > @"holodoc.5748" said:

> > > @"Rasimir.6239" said:

> > > > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > > I am confused tbh.. if MF needed to be nerfed to make it fair for all when opening up loot.. then why have it in the first place.

> > > Because magic find is meant as a continuous bonus while playing the game. Stacking unreal amounts of magic find for a short period of time (we're talking more than three times the amount that's sustainable for longer periods of time) wasn't what ANet had in mind when they set up the system, as that doesn't benefit the general public but just a very few that use it in very specific circumstances.

> >

> > Then that's an issue with magic find boosters, not with the magic find itself as a system. Remove items that add ridiculous percentage based magic find or simply make all magic find boosts mutually exclusive so you can have only one active at a time. Problem solved.

> >

> > The way how bags were handled was in my opinion completely wrong. You can't just let someone invest so much time (and money if they go the ecto salvage way) and then tell them "nope, you can't have what you worked for anymore". Like letting people craft their legendary armors and then tell them "nope, stat switching was too OP, you can't have it anymore".

>

>

> Getting rid of MF is the optimal solution.... but players will revolt, due to MF's psychological impact in the perception of the reward system, fair odds, and even beating the odds in the player's favor.

Then why stop there? Remove all the account based bonuses that players have been accumulating over the years too, like Gold Find, Karma Gain and XP Gain. Wanna talk about psychological impact? How about taking away from people something that they have been working on for years? If I worked my lower back for it, I wanna have it.

As for removing Magic Find from the game it might have been a good solution back in 2012 when the game launched but now, seven years later, it's not just light years away from an "optimal" solution but it's by far the worst possible decision ANet could make.

They should find a way to deal with attribute boosters, not attributes themselves.

> @"holodoc.5748" said:

> > @"Rasimir.6239" said:

> > > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > I am confused tbh.. if MF needed to be nerfed to make it fair for all when opening up loot.. then why have it in the first place.

> > Because magic find is meant as a continuous bonus while playing the game. Stacking unreal amounts of magic find for a short period of time (we're talking more than three times the amount that's sustainable for longer periods of time) wasn't what ANet had in mind when they set up the system, as that doesn't benefit the general public but just a very few that use it in very specific circumstances.

>

> Then that's an issue with magic find boosters, not with the magic find itself as a system. Remove items that add ridiculous percentage based magic find or simply make all magic find boosts mutually exclusive so you can have only one active at a time. Problem solved.

>

> The way how bags were handled was in my opinion completely wrong. You can't just let someone invest so much time (and money if they go the ecto salvage way) and then tell them "nope, you can't have what you worked for anymore". Like letting people craft their legendary armors and then tell them "nope, stat switching was too OP, you can't have it anymore".

If they did that, this thread would then be about removing those items. No matter what, it's a lose/lose to someone in so far as ANet is concerned.

I have to say that currently is way more balanced than before.

It provides a profit which is more or less 50% of the cost ( and here I am waiting for you my friend Was Na :d ), and some exotic item ( 1 out of 800 unidentified gear, more or less ).

Currently I moved to W10, and every time i salvage it's way slower than w7.

Don't know if it's something i could fix or not, but I am telling you this because The amount of gold per hour which I happened to see, 60/70g, is slightly not accurate due to this fact.

Everything else seems fine.

Ps: I see that they somehow fixed the runes drop salvaging, but I didn't find how the whole thing was modified, nor why the runes cose from 2 to 22 silver pieces.

Pps: Also, after 1 whole year, luck still continue to drop and has no use at all.

> @"Xeneth.9260" said:

> What a bummer that is. I guess it's my own fault to an extent but they should've added some sort of information about that if you hover over the kitten items. Just like some bags have "affected by magic." How hard is it to add "no longer affected by MF."

> Not everyone has the time to read every patch note. kitten kitten.

>

Not your fault to an extent...your fault completely. It isn't Anets fault you don't read the patch notes. For that matter even if you don't read the patch notes, there have been several threads here in the forums since the patch.