You think I'm clairvoyant or something????

_The rune and sigil salvaging release last year was in anticipation of releasing legendary runes and sigils—the final components of legendary core equipment._

Which I will point out with insufferable smugness is what I predicted last year will happen.

Yes, how did I know that?

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/64232/this-is-not-going-to-work-unless

Do you think I have a crystal ball hidden somewhere at the back of my head?

**Yeah, yeah now someone is going to say "Legendary not Ascended," as if that matters. Even if there won't be ascended too, then it's still going to be the same grind fest that I predicted. I knew this new upgrade salvagaing mechanic will evolve into something like that.**

> @"Rikimaru.7890" said:

> _The rune and sigil salvaging release last year was in anticipation of releasing legendary runes and sigils—the final components of legendary core equipment._

>

> Which I will point out with insufferable smugness is what I predicted last year will happen.

> Yes, how did I know that?

> https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/64232/this-is-not-going-to-work-unless

> Do you think I have a crystal ball hidden somewhere at the back of my head?

>

> **Yeah, yeah now someone is going to say "Legendary not Ascended," as if that matters. Even if there won't be ascended too, then it's still going to be the same grind fest that I predicted. I knew this new upgrade salvagaing mechanic will evolve into something like that.**

>

So if it ends up sucking, we can blame you, yes?

> @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > @"Rikimaru.7890" said:

> > _The rune and sigil salvaging release last year was in anticipation of releasing legendary runes and sigils—the final components of legendary core equipment._

> >

> > Which I will point out with insufferable smugness is what I predicted last year will happen.

> > Yes, how did I know that?

> > https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/64232/this-is-not-going-to-work-unless

> > Do you think I have a crystal ball hidden somewhere at the back of my head?

> >

> > **Yeah, yeah now someone is going to say "Legendary not Ascended," as if that matters. Even if there won't be ascended too, then it's still going to be the same grind fest that I predicted. I knew this new upgrade salvagaing mechanic will evolve into something like that.**

> >

>

> So if it ends up sucking, we can blame you, yes?

On the other hand, if the implementation is good, we can applaud ANet for taking a bad idea and making it work. It's a win-win!

> @"robertthebard.8150" said:

> I'm slightly curious, what do you think the point of an MMO is? Is it "I log in, and presto, I have BiS everything from day 1" or is it "I log in, and do the work required to get the BiS items I want"?

Neither. You could theoretically have a MMO with no items at all.

> @"Ben K.6238" said:

> > @"robertthebard.8150" said:

> > I'm slightly curious, what do you think the point of an MMO is? Is it "I log in, and presto, I have BiS everything from day 1" or is it "I log in, and do the work required to get the BiS items I want"?

>

> Neither. You could theoretically have a MMO with no items at all.

Which would make this thread beyond pointless.