Potential Additional feature's

Just recently returned after almost a 2 year hiatus and have been reading forums about additional content/new elite spec weps; this got me thinking and now i need to share.

Everyone is always talking about the next elite spec/weapons, i think this is the wrong direction.

I've been saying this since day one: add weapon skill options for every weapon/class: like sword for guard...give slots 1 2 3 each a choice of like 3 skills, these 3 skills should still follow the flavor of that weapon on that class, this allows for 27 unique combinations in a set build and that is just one weapon on one class. What i mean is to bring build variation while maintaining theme without the need to add new specs or weapons. Personally i feel this will add a layer of depth and variation that this game needs (i love crafting unique builds in gw1) without all the hassle of adding more class/weapons/specs.

Additionally (this one i've seen this one come up) racial skills need a rework so they can be useful and fun like in gw1. Maybe even included a racial specialization line.

What are everyone's thoughts? Had to get this out there.

While I do agree that it would be nice with options for weapon skills, I think you're utterly missing the point of the elite specs: They're not meant to maintain the flavor of the class. They're meant to completely change it. I for one would like to see different options on the weapons, as well as the elite specs. For instance It'd be nice to see them add a choice between dps, condi, and utility skills for each weapon. I do not think that this should come as an alternative to the current system, but as a supplement to it.

I've said for a long time, that I'd like to see the racial skills be removed completely. Instead, racially themed elite specs should be made available on all classes. The availability of these should of course be in total disregard to the characters race, because then they could be part of the meta, instead of just being flavor.

I agree, but i didn't mean instead of elite specs in general but just in regards to further choices as I've seen a lot of back and forth in the discussion of weapons remaining per class to become an elite spec and introducing future weapons just for that sake, as i felt this would be a potential deepening of the build mechanics (especially with the template mechanic coming in soon) instead of just releasing another elite spec per class.

Sorry, just have to rant a bit.