Show the good stuff

It strikes me as absurd that anet still believes that advertising a story that only gets 4 updates per year is what new players are looking for.

GW2 and ESO are the only 2 games that command an active RvR population, yet they will not put any focus into something they run half the market on...

Is it hard to advertise and support something your game already excels at? You have almost no competition and you refuse to take advantage of that?

Because it's not the best part of GW2. In all honesty, WvW is rather broken and needs a lot of fixing. Boring zerg gameplay and unbalanced professions, along with the bugs and no major updates, keeps it from being the shining star it should be.

So why advertise something like that when the other content that GW2 has is better polished and more varied and interesting?

> @"SpyderArachnid.5619" said:

> So why advertise something like that when the other content that GW2 has is better polished and more varied and interesting?

Though I agree with you on WvW, I wouldn't go that far to call GW2's story "polished and interesting" ;) It's at average level, at best, at times reaching cringe-worthy levels screaming of low-cost production.

So, WvW, one of the least played modes in this game, is what GW2 excels at? The same mode that needed PvEers to come and breath some life to it with the warclaw mount and **still** failed to retain most of them? I'm curious as to how you came into that conclusion.

I'm not sure any of the PvP modes are suitable to become the "face" of this game, if I'm honest. More like the modes you sweep under the rug and let only the most _brave_ of new players to discover by themselves. Having the PvP community as the "welcome" committee for a new player entering the game would be practically suicidal...