Anet, please give us in-game HOUSING with expansion 3

No, i am not talking about basic/useless housing nobodycurrs like you see in other MMOs, and no, guild halls and home instances don't count because what i'm propossing is far better than anything you have ever imagined. The question is, does Anet have the spleen to implement it?

The housing construction process: Basic homes = 200k elder wood logs 400k mithril ores mansion = more castle = more

Gemstores items = posters of famous characters in gw2, we can display minis in home, furnitures, lamps, chandeliers etc. 2000gems = customizable poster we can put a picture from our PC in.

we can make bedrooms, toilets etc.

The most important rooms:

- Gaming room - this is where we can train to do anything in pve, example training raids, we can train with our friends or solo, the other 9 toons will be NPCS who will help us clear bosses, these simulations/trainings do not give rewards, it just train u how to do mechanics in the open world.

- Garden - implement a REAL garden (not garden plots), introduce new crafting profession: lvl 500 gardener, soil, fertilizers, raising crops for Chefs. Garden plots will also appear here. Raise chicken, cow, jellyfish, octopus, choya meats.

- Stables - where our mounts rest, make new animations for mounts, the more we interactive with them, the more they have animations sort of like tamagotchi. we have to feed them, otherwise they run away and we have to re-catch them. we can feed them, give them showers.

- weapons & armors room: we can display our most beautiful weapons and armors here. also if u place a weapon in the forge in this room, it slowly turn from white to green, from green to yellow over time (long time) and then yellow to exo, exo to ascended (example 60 days).

we can hold parties and discos, the more ppl show up, the more we get Gold/exp/"insert something else useful here". monsters might invade our homes, if we defend successfully, we get a special prize.

i proposed this idea in-game, & ppl told me to go play "Life" or "The Sims"... but thats not my point. I play those games by themselves, they're just not fun on their own. Imagine if Anet collaborate with EA sports, and The Sims is in GW2... imagine how fun it would be, i would spend hundreds of hours decorating my home, and when i get bored, I would go and kill stuff.

Please, anet, give us in-game housing like this... also please dont make it like SUPER BIG that nobody cares to walk to. Each room has to have a use... not just there to make it look big but totally useless...

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Samnang.1879" said:

> i proposed this idea in-game, & ppl told me to go play "Life" or "The Sims"... but thats not my point. I play those games by themselves, they're just not fun on their own. Imagine if Anet collaborate with EA sports, and The Sims is in GW2... imagine how fun it would be, i would spend hundreds of hours decorating my home, and when i get bored, I would go and kill stuff.

That actually shows the amount of interest such feature would generate. Basically, what you are asking for is another game inside a game, i.e. something that would require tremendous efforts to develop and maintain, and do **right** - because if done even *half-right*, it won't attract people and will become a waste of countless development hours. You need to ask yourself question like "why people would waste their precious time on it?" People waste time on legendaries because they can wear them everywhere and all players around will see their shinies and envy them (at least that's how they imagine it). People do events and bosses because it's fun to kill things and they are rewarded with loot. People like to spend time on city squares, doing silly stuff because those spots naturally attract other people which will see them doing silly stuff and will endorse them to continues by doing silly stuff themselves, it's a social stuff. Etc.

For something like housing to be worth all the development efforts it need to be implemented in such way it will constantly gather crowds of people so you could proudly show them your house and somehow entertain them. I personally don't see it happening at all, it's more like stuff which will only attract few of your friends or your guildies, and not so often anyway. Anet could implement many of social features you mentioned without housing at all, to boot. Like dancing mechanics, for example (which I would like to see implemented myself) - you don't really need housing for this, it's much more fun to do silly things with it in cities or in some random points of interests (JP dailes etc), where there are crowds of people, then in some house instance where you need to specifically go. So, again, it seems like an extra efforts which won't see huge popularity and won't align very well with expectations of GW2's audience which come to play an action-packed game about saving world from dragons, first of all.

> @"MoriMoriMori.5349" said:

> That actually shows the amount of interest such feature would generate. Basically, what you are asking for is another game inside a game, i.e. something that would require tremendous efforts to develop and maintain, and do **right** - because if done even *half-right*, it won't attract people and will become a waste of countless development hours. You need to ask yourself question like "why people would waste their precious time on it?... So, again, it seems like an extra efforts which won't see huge popularity and won't align very well with expectations of GW2's audience which come to play an action-packed game about saving world from dragons, first of all."

I don't see how it is harder than developing guild halls for example... they have all the codes there, just turn it into a smaller space for players. and the decorations are already there too... they just need to make a more aesthetically pleasing decors... not just random trees and random big french horn... that doesn't fit anywhere...

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> what happens when you grind it all out, do you just sit there lol?

what is the point of minis, toys, aviators box etc? same answer.

and no, obviously the decorations would keep coming as gemstores items among other things. and you have a garden to look after.... unless you want ur plants to die

> @"Samnang.1879" said:

> > @"MoriMoriMori.5349" said:

> > That actually shows the amount of interest such feature would generate. Basically, what you are asking for is another game inside a game, i.e. something that would require tremendous efforts to develop and maintain, and do **right** - because if done even *half-right*, it won't attract people and will become a waste of countless development hours. You need to ask yourself question like "why people would waste their precious time on it?... So, again, it seems like an extra efforts which won't see huge popularity and won't align very well with expectations of GW2's audience which come to play an action-packed game about saving world from dragons, first of all."

>

>

>

> I don't see how it is harder than developing guild halls for example... they have all the codes there, just turn it into a smaller space for players. and the decorations are already there too... they just need to make a more aesthetically pleasing decors... not just random trees and random big french horn... that doesn't fit anywhere...

Guild halls by definition are intended to be seen by group of people (a huge group, if the guild is huge), in the first place, at least they planned it will be gathering spot for those people. So it's sort of worth it. And actually they don't see that much development and won't allow you an awful lot of customization anyway. You are asking for much, much more than guild halls offer atm, and all it for something that naturally will be seen by just you and your rare guests.

I would even say that some of your proposals are better be added as upgrades to guild hall, in fact. At least it will provide some guarantees they will see a lot of people turning in. For example, they could add a dance floor upgrade and allow a guild to throw a party for everyone by implementing a visitor system, like a banner you can set everywhere in OpenWorld which offers players to acquire a temporary visitor pass to your guild's guild hall to participate in it. That would be much easier to implement than a completely new system, to boot.

> @"MoriMoriMori.5349" said:

> > @"Samnang.1879" said:

> > > @"MoriMoriMori.5349" said:

> > > You are asking for much, much more than guild halls offer atm, and all it for something that naturally will be seen by just you and your rare guests.

>

> I would even say that some of your proposals are better be added as upgrades to guild hall, in fact. At least it will provide some guarantees they will see a lot of people turning in. For example, they could add a dance floor upgrade and allow a guild to throw a party for everyone by implementing a visitor system, like a banner you can set everywhere in OpenWorld which offers players to acquire a temporary visitor pass to your guild's guild hall to participate in it. That would be much easier to implement than a completely new system, to boot.

My suggestion is actually lesss less complex and less complicated than guild halls. You see all those npc's in the guild halls? i dont find a use for any of them except the one that gives buffs like magic finds. all these items that are needed to upgrade guild halls, like omg... i'd rather study quantum physics than do all that stuff.

Another reason why I dislike guild halls is because it's so gigumungous... like from 1 point to another is like from Earth to Andromeda galaxy... like why so much space...

As a gamer, i just want something reachable, simple and something that is useful for example, the gardening is actually useful for something, stables are usefull for something, rooms in the house are useful for something, not have stuff in there nobody interact with... like in the guild halls... i talk to the War-thingy NPC and theres nothing useful.......

To create personal housing, we'd also need decorations. We have guild decorations in scribing, but those are insanely expensive for individuals.

A possible way to fix it would be a Scribing rework that introduces versions of decorations that have no endless nested recipes and do not require finishing kits. Decorations would be split between those that can be crafted for guilds and have the word (guild) in the recipe, and personal recipes that can be used in personal housing:

For instance, take "Fancy Armchair". The current guild decoration requires:

* 1 Simple Finishing Kit

* 5 Bronze Chisel s

* 1 Green Wood Plank

* 1 Fancy Chair. The fancy chair itself requires its own ingredients and a basic chair.

This would be changed instead to be split into two recipes. The first one would be the one usable in personal housing and would not include kits or nested recipes:

* 1 bronze chisel

* 1 Green Wood plank.

* 1 furniture frame -> material that replaces basic chair in Scribe vendor used on all recipes for chairs, tables and other pieces of furniture. Basic chairs would get their own recipe.

* -> This would give you a *Fancy Armchair* item that can be traded, consumed to be added to player decorations for housing, or used to craft guild decorations.

Then the guild decoration recipe would be the one that uses nested recipes and other guild decorations:

* 1 Fancy Chair (guild) in the guild decoration tab.

* 5 Fancy Armchair items in your possession

* 1 Simple Finishing kit.

* -> This would get you a *Fancy Armchair (guild)* that gets added to the guild fabricator automatically.

> @"MithranArkanere.8957" said:

> To create personal housing, we'd also need decorations. We have guild decorations in scribing, but those are insanely expensive for individuals.

>

> A possible way to fix it would be a Scribing rework that introduces versions of decorations that have no endless nested recipes and do not require finishing kits. Decorations would be split between those that can be crafted for guilds and have the word (guild) in the recipe, and personal recipes that can be used in personal housing:

> * -> This would get you a *Fancy Armchair (guild)* that gets added to the guild fabricator automatically.

oh god,,, please no more crafting furnitures/decorations.... it's so complicated and expensive. (also i dont understand how a "scribe" can create furnitures, but an armorsmith or weaponsmith cannot... like... where is the logic? Lol?)

i'd rather use real money to buy decorations from gemstore and/or farm them off enemies or something. not craft them with a million different teeny tiny ingredients. then they wonder why it takes them 20 years to finish a project... maybe make it less complicated???

Questions:

Personal Housing would be in an instance. How do you have parties/discos/etc?

If I take a week off to play Civilization 6, will my garden be dead, mounts scattered, and bandits living in my living room?

Will the bandits sell my stuff -- armor & weapons on display -- I mean, why wouldn't they?

Will my daily routine be: harvest nodes, water plants, pull weeds, feed chicken/hogs/choya, wash my raptor, finish dailies elsewhere, and then go have fun?

Cuz I'm not seeing pulling virtual weeds as a lot of fun. Nor would I particularly care for sitting in my fancy armchair to stare at a shield on the wall. And when I go help save the world, will I always be worried that bandits/inquest/nightmare court will be raiding my home?

> @"Samnang.1879" said:

> > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > what happens when you grind it all out, do you just sit there lol?

>

> what is the point of minis, toys, aviators box etc? same answer.

> and no, obviously the decorations would keep coming as gemstores items among other things. and you have a garden to look after.... unless you want ur plants to die

If I wanted to play Farmville I would play Farmville.

> @"DeanBB.4268" said:

> Questions:

> Personal Housing would be in an instance. How do you have parties/discos/etc?

An LFG section dedicated to personal housing, you tag up as Comm and invite up to 49 ppl that can port into your house party.

> If I take a week off to play Civilization 6, will my garden be dead, mounts scattered, and bandits living in my living room?

Yes.

But you can buy 2000gems item called Time Stopper, that lets you freeze all time and space within the range of your home only.

> Will the bandits sell my stuff -- armor & weapons on display -- I mean, why wouldn't they?

See above.

> Will my daily routine be: harvest nodes, water plants, pull weeds, feed chicken/hogs/choya, wash my raptor, finish dailies elsewhere, and then go have fun?

Yes.

> Cuz I'm not seeing pulling virtual weeds as a lot of fun. Nor would I particularly care for sitting in my fancy armchair to stare at a shield on the wall. And when I go help save the world, will I always be worried that bandits/inquest/nightmare court will be raiding my home?

You will get notifications when a bandit raids your home.

If you want pre-warnings, buy 2000gems item called "The snitch".

Any more questions? Those are creative questions i love it.

![](https://i.imgur.com/YbEbpnW.gif "")

> @"Samnang.1879" said:

> and you have a garden to look after.... unless you want ur plants to die

I definitely don’t want maintainable chores in GW2 that I have to do to not lose stuff I already have — such as tend a garden, tend the mounts, worry about bandits, etc. That kind of thing doesn’t sound fun to me and I think it works against the point of MMOs to have people spending more time in their home instances. I won’t deny that I am one if those who would enjoy customization and I put a lot into SWTOR home instances, but additions that encourage social interactions in the game (such as emotes we could buy!) would probably be better. And having to maintain stuff I already have, UGH, I already have RL for obligations and tedium!

Aion's housing area was stunning, I had a few water side houses and my I spent some time sitting in auctions and crafting but that's just it - a housing area, NOT an instance. I want to show my house off to people, be able to go to an area and look around and perhaps choose where I would like a house. However it would be impossible to have a house for every account, and i would be put off having nothing than a 'mini guild hall' . However people in Aion hardly spent time in the housing area, you might of banged into the odd person having a nose or see someone in one idling.

Personally, I have banged on about this on my big olde drum saying I didn't want housing because what happened to me in said game. I would totally love a norn style house in the snowy lands with a big log fire, or a castle in tryia or even a tree house in the jungle. If it could be done and I wouldn't have worry of losing my work again then if they *were* to come in then I'd give it a go.

I'd even level a new crafter to make stuff as well.

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> I guess it depends if Anet want people hanging around their housing or hanging out in their World, playing with others. I would enjoy housing, but it isn't really part of how they built their game

Although, it is. There's already more than one personal instance, which is basically housing with zero personality, guild halls that are mostly empty, and then some pass lounges that are empty. These spaces are also mostly for afk, convenience or interacting with people you want to interact with. Adding housing changes absolutely nothing when it comes to this.

> @"ShiningSquirrel.3751" said:

> No. It's been suggested many, many, MANY times before by a small handful of players and the majority has always said no. There are far more things that we actually need or need fixed before something like this that is only a time waster for a very small number of players should even be considered.

+1

> @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> I dont want housing if its going to be instanced

I cannot imagine it existing in the open world due to the sheer number of active players. This would require a few more continents full with player houses to realize this. So, I think it can only exist in an instanced form. (Even I would love to have a home for my characters in the open world for sure)

> @"TheQuickFox.3826" said:

> > @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > I dont want housing if its going to be instanced

>

> I cannot imagine it existing in the open world due to the sheer number of active players. This would require a few more continents full with player houses to realize this. So, I think it can only exist in an instanced form. (Even I would love to have a home for my characters in the open world for sure)

I don't care.. Every instance type guild hall & personnal space they made was a waste of money $$$. & there's nothing more boring is an instance that breaks you out of immersion.