Anet, please give us in-game HOUSING with expansion 3

> @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> What about new content instead of putting resources into not so useful stuff?

>

> > @"crepuscular.9047" said:

> > > @"Cronospere.8143" said:

> > > - add a library for all those story books to the home instance just like they did in suns refuge. Hell you can even add it to the refuge itself. They got the recources. Just use them.. bind the books to verious achievements. Bind the achievements to the bookstand.

> >

> > sec that, long overdued... the books are taking up almost 3 bags

> >

> > ![](https://i.imgur.com/GPRqLxN.jpg "")

> >

>

> 3 useless bags ( that said, could be probably easier to buy a discounted slot and use that for holding useless stuff that upgrading your bags ).

character slots are cheaper, park a level 2 with infinite gather tools at VB at flax farm, she's L21 now :lol:

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"crepuscular.9047" said:

> > @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > What about new content instead of putting resources into not so useful stuff?

> >

> > > @"crepuscular.9047" said:

> > > > @"Cronospere.8143" said:

> > > > - add a library for all those story books to the home instance just like they did in suns refuge. Hell you can even add it to the refuge itself. They got the recources. Just use them.. bind the books to verious achievements. Bind the achievements to the bookstand.

> > >

> > > sec that, long overdued... the books are taking up almost 3 bags

> > >

> > > ![](https://i.imgur.com/GPRqLxN.jpg "")

> > >

> >

> > 3 useless bags ( that said, could be probably easier to buy a discounted slot and use that for holding useless stuff that upgrading your bags ).

>

> character slots are cheaper, park a level 2 with infinite gather tools at VB at flax farm, she's L21 now :lol:

I wrote that instead than lol

> @"Samnang.1879" said:

> I don't see how it is harder than developing guild halls for example.

Just as a reminder, guild halls were never completed. Time crunches and missed deadlines forced the shipping of an incomplete product (whose remnants you can now easily reach with mounts). Guild halls could also have been a big moneymaker had they monetized decor or implemented additional buff/resource systems, but instead they chose to halt production.

If you think anything about guild halls was easy or even close to what they had hoped to achieve, magnify that with any sort of housing expectations you might have for the game.

> @"AgentMoore.9453" said:

> Just as a reminder, guild halls were never completed. Time crunches and missed deadlines forced the shipping of an incomplete product (whose remnants you can now easily reach with mounts). Guild halls could also have been a big moneymaker had they monetized decor or implemented additional buff/resource systems, but instead they chose to halt production.

>

> If you think anything about guild halls was easy or even close to what they had hoped to achieve, magnify that with any sort of housing expectations you might have for the game.

>

Guild halls wouldn't be a moneymaker regardless if it was completed, because only the leaders/officers of the guild have permissions to decorate it, I can't speak for everyone, but I wouldn't spend real money to buy decorations for a guild I don't have permission to decorate in. Moneymakers usually come from things that are individualized, e.g. black lion keys, mount skins, outfits.

I'm actually happy that they're going to take the time to rework old maps instead making new maps and then they get abandoned after 1 week. Hopefully, this will give them inspiration to rework personal instances; they don't have to give us housing, but at least give us Stables that lets us interact with mounts (I have a connection to my mounts I have 64 mount skins and I want them all eventually), proper gardens, and a training raid simulation room (this idea came to me because many people asked for a training golem that teaches how to raid and this would be perfect inside a home instance or housing, we don't have to LFG for 9 people to train raids with).

> @"Balsa.3951" said:

> 200 k elder woods basic home... just lost interest in this housing thing

knowing anet, that's what i estimate the requirement to be (not what i want it to be). dont we need like 30k wood for a legendary, so imagine a house... it would definitely need more wood than a tiny piece of weapon

Housing doesnt sound bad .... but hmmm....

I prefer a mobile version on the Iphone or whatever is called by those youngers .

That allows you build traps/defensive options to fight off burglers (that can be seen as ''dots'')

And players across GW2 amd other NCsoft products(Blade and Soul-Aion) that are using the Pc version (real game) , try to steal him , queing like in dungeons/fractals .

The Victim either can either buy the ''a game'' > play > unlock the trap ingame > use his Iphone in his sparetime .

Or pay each trap for 2.99 dollars like any iphones games

Brb break: 1 month , drinking season...

Tell that suit-guy to buzz off for a while .

> @"Woof.8246" said:

> Housing doesnt sound bad .... but hmmm....

>

> I prefer a mobile version on the Iphone or whatever is called by those youngers .

> That allows you build traps/defensive options to fight off burglers (that can be seen as ''dots'')

>

> And players across GW2 amd other NCsoft products(Blade and Soul-Aion) that are using the Pc version (real game) , try to steal him , queing like in dungeons/fractals .

>

> The Victim either can either buy the ''a game'' > play > unlock the trap ingame > use his Iphone in his sparetime .

> Or pay each trap for 2.99 dollars like any iphones games

>

> Brb break: 1 month , drinking season...

> Tell that suit-guy to buzz off for a while .

![](https://i.imgur.com/1mou8zh.jpg "")

I'm kind of bummed everyone is poopoo'ing on this idea. I stayed away from GW2 for a long while because it didn't have housing, if I'm being honest lol. The game is beautiful with a variety of furniture, decorations, with crafting actually being useful, with interesting npcs, and a fascinating world. What would be nice is if they changed the home instance our characters already have (maybe a few choices between districts/lands, yadda yadda) and allow you to choose a home/build a home with 'neighbors' (other players would have their own plots but they would share the same instance). I for one WOULD spend money on just home decorations because I love decorating and I would be doing it for me and no one else (though it doesn't hurt if friends enjoy it). I think if additional functions were added to the housing OR even the Guild Halls, I believe that even the naysayers would enjoy it to a certain degree.

> @"CaffeinatedSugar.7283" said:

> I'm kind of bummed everyone is poopoo'ing on this idea. I stayed away from GW2 for a long while because it didn't have housing, if I'm being honest lol. The game is beautiful with a variety of furniture, decorations, with crafting actually being useful, with interesting npcs, and a fascinating world. What would be nice is if they changed the home instance our characters already have (maybe a few choices between districts/lands, yadda yadda) and allow you to choose a home/build a home with 'neighbors' (other players would have their own plots but they would share the same instance). I for one WOULD spend money on just home decorations because I love decorating and I would be doing it for me and no one else (though it doesn't hurt if friends enjoy it). I think if additional functions were added to the housing OR even the Guild Halls, I believe that even the naysayers would enjoy it to a certain degree.

>

>

i agree. i dont get why ppl r so anti-housing, anti-fishing or anti-anything .

when mounts weren't a thing in gw2, i was indifferent to it, ive never been a fan of mounts, but i wasn't anti-mounts & saying it shouldn't be in gw2. but now that it's here, i'm a super fan of mounts, becuz mounts in gw2 are so different to other games, mounts in other MMO's = boring/stale/basic. but here its like mounts have diff functions and the skins r unique, i love the whale skimmer, humming bird skimmer, the nine-tail jackals & more.

i believe anet has the creativity to make housing exciting.

expansion 1 = specializations + raids

exp 2 = specializations, raids, mounts + bounties

exp 3 = specializations, raids, mounts, bounties, HOUSING, FISHING, IN-GAME MARRIAGE, NPC COMPANIONS

MY LIFE = COMPLETE ANET PLZ make this happen... make a little boy's dream come true

> @"Samnang.1879" said:

> > @"Balsa.3951" said:

> > 200 k elder woods basic home... just lost interest in this housing thing

>

> knowing anet, that's what i estimate the requirement to be (not what i want it to be). dont we need like 30k wood for a legendary, so imagine a house... it would definitely need more wood than a tiny piece of weapon

This would break the game imagine the price spike for wood.

Im ok with we get a better home instance I would advice anet to make it game rewards trophies and gemstore only. Grind mats to create more sinks I’m not sure the game need.

Also the full home instance need be redesigned to function as a kind of sims mini game where u can build ur house and move objects.

Anet will do it I’m sure just need be patient but plz don’t give them the idea we want crazy legendary grind there

> public knowledge? Anet themselves said they move to AWS couple of years ago

> and Amazon publishes its pricing on their website, up to $2367/year, https://aws.amazon.com/emr/pricing/

>

> If you had added the -mapinfo to your GW2 launch shortcut, you will see that every day, or even go into your home instance every hour you get a different IP address, and no two servers can have identical IP address or they will crash from IP conflict.

This is not what happens. A theoretical IP conflict would not cause a crash, but rather misdirection of packets. The result would appear as packet loss, and probably repeated disconnection.

But this doesn't actually occur, because TCP/IP allows for servers to handle multiple instances at once (they usually have so much processing power it'd be a waste not to). If it appears you're getting a different IP address every time, that's because the pool of servers is large enough that it's unlikely you'll be allocated the same one very often. Servers can also be allocated and removed from the pool depending on current player activity.

> @"Samnang.1879" said:

> No, i am not talking about basic/useless housing nobodycurrs like you see in other MMOs, and no, guild halls and home instances don't count because what i'm propossing is far better than anything you have ever imagined. The question is, does Anet have the spleen to implement it?

>

> The housing construction process: Basic homes = 200k elder wood logs 400k mithril ores mansion = more castle = more

> Gemstores items = posters of famous characters in gw2, we can display minis in home, furnitures, lamps, chandeliers etc. 2000gems = customizable poster we can put a picture from our PC in.

> we can make bedrooms, toilets etc.

> The most important rooms:

> - Gaming room - this is where we can train to do anything in pve, example training raids, we can train with our friends or solo, the other 9 toons will be NPCS who will help us clear bosses, these simulations/trainings do not give rewards, it just train u how to do mechanics in the open world.

> - Garden - implement a REAL garden (not garden plots), introduce new crafting profession: lvl 500 gardener, soil, fertilizers, raising crops for Chefs. Garden plots will also appear here. Raise chicken, cow, jellyfish, octopus, choya meats.

> - Stables - where our mounts rest, make new animations for mounts, the more we interactive with them, the more they have animations sort of like tamagotchi. we have to feed them, otherwise they run away and we have to re-catch them. we can feed them, give them showers.

> - weapons & armors room: we can display our most beautiful weapons and armors here. also if u place a weapon in the forge in this room, it slowly turn from white to green, from green to yellow over time (long time) and then yellow to exo, exo to ascended (example 60 days).

>

> we can hold parties and discos, the more ppl show up, the more we get Gold/exp/"insert something else useful here". monsters might invade our homes, if we defend successfully, we get a special prize.

>

> i proposed this idea in-game, & ppl told me to go play "Life" or "The Sims"... but thats not my point. I play those games by themselves, they're just not fun on their own. Imagine if Anet collaborate with EA sports, and The Sims is in GW2... imagine how fun it would be, i would spend hundreds of hours decorating my home, and when i get bored, I would go and kill stuff.

>

> Please, anet, give us in-game housing like this... also please dont make it like SUPER BIG that nobody cares to walk to. Each room has to have a use... not just there to make it look big but totally useless...

>

I'd love to see changes like that implemented into the game too. Not to point the obvious, but Final Fantasy Online offers so much freedom with House creation and it is so nice, why can't GW2 have a bit more personal customisable zone. It could also further the scribing economy or create an entire new profession altogether for crafting pieces of furniture and else...

Since jeweller and cooking profession are getting an upgrade, it would be amazing to have a follow up with scribing, and get more customisable place that players can create. I looked for some video and all I could find of interest currently, was the creation of your own jumping puzzle. Beside that not much.

> @"CaffeinatedSugar.7283" said:

> In the end, I don't see this happening, but I do think Guild Halls should be reworked so they're worth putting time into. :tired_face:

What I'd love to see added to Guild Halls is customizable NPC, and ultimately the option to attack other Guild halls in a PvE setup. By that I mean instead of attacking other player in a GvG context. Players would attack other Guild Halls and their NPC. I'm sure that there are way to make it happen, the anime "Overlord" has a lot of good ideas towards this with a maximum amount of Dungeon Guild Hall in the entire game. Although this will most likely never happened, it would create repeatable content and add a cool feature to the name Guild "Wars".

> @"Ben K.6238" said:

> > @"crepuscular.9047" said:

> > public knowledge? Anet themselves said they move to AWS couple of years ago

> > and Amazon publishes its pricing on their website, up to $2367/year, https://aws.amazon.com/emr/pricing/

> >

> > If you had added the -mapinfo to your GW2 launch shortcut, you will see that every day, or even go into your home instance every hour you get a different IP address, and no two servers can have identical IP address or they will crash from IP conflict.

>

> This is not what happens. A theoretical IP conflict would not cause a crash, but rather misdirection of packets. The result would appear as packet loss, and probably repeated disconnection.

theoretical... i've have had first hand experience with a rogue dev decided to input a fixed ip on his ubuntu, bypassing DNS ip assignment, and just happened to be the same IP address of a virtual machine host

the web application servers running on the virtual machines were running database servers on seperate servers, because of the ip conflict caused network package drops on the virtual host, that caused all the virtual machines' network connections bridged to the NAT to also have unstable connections to the database servers despite on the same virtual host

at the same time, the clients (around 240) connecting to the web app servers were constantly unable to get stable connections to the web server, thus their keepalive network requests were improperly terminated, leaving a hanging connection thread; when the next request comes in it creates a new connection thread

the end result was there were so many improperly terminated network connection threads that it caused memory build up and crashed the web app servers; from the inside it looked as if the web app server got DDoS attacked

> But this doesn't actually occur, because TCP/IP allows for servers to handle multiple instances at once (they usually have so much processing power it'd be a waste not to). If it appears you're getting a different IP address every time, that's because the pool of servers is large enough that it's unlikely you'll be allocated the same one very often. Servers can also be allocated and removed from the pool depending on current player activity.

TCP/IP governs how data are divided into network packages and the network path to take to reach its destination, IP address assignment are managed by the DNS server

IPv4 within an enclosed environment is fine, ~18 million addresses (this is why all home routers havd ip address of 192.168.xxx,xxx), but once to expose an IP address to be able to connect through the web is very different, the number of ip addresses are very limited... the world is running out of IPv4, that's why IPv6 exists

but you can clearly tell GW2 is running on IPv4 with -mapinfo on, because IPv6 is in a totally different format, i.e. 2001:0db8:85a3:0000:0000:8a2e:0370:7334

it maybe possible to setup so that a single map can run multiple same map instance on a single ip address, by setting up a load balancer server in front that's exposed to the world and redirect traffics to the internal ip addresses, but that mean there's an alway on server for every single map, doubling the cost

and you should not be running a single load balancer for multiple maps, for one, that means bundling multiple maps' traffics through a single server, this creates bottleneck, thus creating latency

secondly, it's going to be a complex and confusing task to rewrite the codes that's handling mega servers, how to translate a connection request for a single exposed (world) ip address and redirect to the correct map server that's on an internal ip address

We want Housing, Marriage, custom bikini's and mounts that roll over when we blow a whistle, gimme a break.. all pointless and silly .. NO to all of it.. go play Sims.

We have a home instance and Guild Hall, go play mom and dad in there. :s

If anything this is Guild Wars, maybe have real GUILD WARS.. make alliances with other guilds.. have a PvP/WvW battle against other guilds (capture objectives 10 points- player kill 1 point - who first gets 500 points wins - *Battlefield 3* style points).. seems more logical to bring to GW2.

>

> theoretical... i've have had first hand experience with a rogue dev decided to input a fixed ip on his ubuntu, bypassing DNS ip assignment, and just happened to be the same IP address of a virtual machine host

>

> ...

>

> the end result was there were so many improperly terminated network connection threads that it caused memory build up and crashed the web app servers; from the inside it looked as if the web app server got DDoS attacked

Yeah... so when you completely trash your networking and your memory management is done such that overflows are possible, things can crash. Doesn't mean everyone's going to have the same problem though.

> it maybe possible to setup so that a single map can run multiple same map instance on a single ip address, by setting up a load balancer server in front that's exposed to the world and redirect traffics to the internal ip addresses, but that mean there's an alway on server for every single map, doubling the cost

No... you don't need to run one unique server to handle a single player's home instance. A server can obviously handle multiple incoming connections and it can run multiple game instances concurrently. A server running a WvW map will probably not be doing this, but it's highly unlikely a home instance is going to be on its own unique server or ANet would need to hire something upward of 10,000 servers which will be idle 99%+ of their cycles.

> @"Ben K.6238" said:

> No... you don't need to run one unique server to handle a single player's home instance. A server can obviously handle multiple incoming connections and it can run multiple game instances concurrently. A server running a WvW map will probably not be doing this, but it's highly unlikely a home instance is going to be on its own unique server or ANet would need to hire something upward of 10,000 servers which will be idle 99%+ of their cycles.

like i said, it's not impossible, but funnelling network connections through a single server will create network bottleneck that everyone will suffer, plus that's a single point of failure, which is not good in terms of system infrastructure design

an in-house dedicated physical server can run upwards of thousands of dollars to run per year, while on-demand server provider like AWS running virtual servers on containers like Docker that can be booted up and shut down within seconds will significantly cut the cost down; and also removes the need to hire in-house expert when the cloud service provider will provide it for free (usually) with possibly more knowledgable experts

https://www.sherweb.com/blog/cloud-server/total-cost-of-ownership-of-servers-iaas-vs-on-premise/

letting the server sitting 99%+ idling is not going to save money, AWS is charging by the hour regardless if it is idling or not, as long as the server is up it's charging money, just like taxi stopping at a red light, still charging you by the minutes

> @"Smeerlap.2698" said:

> We want Housing, Marriage, custom bikini's and mounts that roll over when we blow a whistle, gimme a break.. all pointless and silly .. NO to all of it.. go play Sims.

> We have a home instance and Guild Hall, go play mom and dad in there. :s

>

> If anything this is Guild Wars, maybe have real GUILD WARS.. make alliances with other guilds.. have a PvP/WvW battle against other guilds (capture objectives 10 points- player kill 1 point - who first gets 500 points wins - *Battlefield 3* style points).. seems more logical to bring to GW2.

TOTALLY agree

i miss Hall of Heroes from GW1, the massive shoot out across the world that a team from your world had claimed HoH, and people start congregating at Temple of the Ages celebrating the win and farm the heck outta UW and FoW

we need that system back and chuck it into WvW as the reward for claiming SMC

> letting the server sitting 99%+ idling is not going to save money, AWS is charging by the hour regardless if it is idling or not, as long as the server is up it's charging money, just like taxi stopping at a red light, still charging you by the minutes

Exactly. This is why each server runs an arbitrary number of instances.

6 years and still, housing isn't a thing, or a main feature; really sad and disappointing, how you can bring the argument of instances? Should I remind everyone that we have useless instances like Aurene playing ground in tarir when using your exalted stone or Kormir's library? What about home instance? Anet could have put this outside the instance, accessible to everyone within the main city map, with those nodes only accessible when you unlocked them same for npcs. What about sun refuge! Yeah! Another wasted instance, pumping resources for nothing. I really don't see how adding one instance for designing your house can destroy the world.

Plus, depending on the number of players, useless servers can be stopped, or adapting the number of instances.

Peeps are just against everything: Stop nerfing my class! Don't add Glider! Don't add mount! I don't care about new races! Don't help pVe, don't help WvW! PvP is fine, don't help them.... Balance isn't okay! I hate housing, I hate fishing, I hate living, I hate eating, I hate fighting, I hate playing..... I want legendary, ascended all stuffs, all rewards in one second. To sum up, whatever you do, you will ALWAYS find peoples FOR and peoples AGAINST. Sometimes without saying why...

Everyone will be surprised if housing is released , the number of interested players is more than what you think, wait and see, speculations lead to nothing.

The bases are almost all there:

Decorations? OK

Crafting? Scribe: OK

Dedicated instances? Half-finished: only GH.

Merchants selling decos or recipes? Half-finished: Gravedigger in Jahai Bluffs, Race prizes merchants, Decorators in GH

What is needed? more RACIAL decorations, essentially CHARR, ASURAN and SYLVARI

It's more than a little activity or side-thing like many said, it's a whole interesting and fun concept. It's its own thing. The fun of players competing to have the more beautiful asuran lab, the best house of the whole tyria or THE legion headquarters. Add very fun rewards and dailies about them and I assure players will run into it.

-> Plus the amount of gemstore stuffs possible: Extensions! "Roof/Basement/Garden/Mine/Second floor../increasing storage.../second house?"

-> 3 Houses per player? Ground level, Underground and in the Sky?

-> A district melting all races and cultures?

-> Could be better if instance of 25 houses? Making visits, seeing neighbors..... A LIVING WORLD AS THE DESCRIPTION OF THE GAME IS TELLING YOU

-> Changing weather, day-night cycle.

What the point huh? What if I tell you that you can progress your reward track by visiting other players houses, decorating your or crafting decos and furniture?

Also you can sell your stuff on the market to make money! It can also add several quests around the whole world to recruit npc within you house, could be anything, baddies or allies.